TX - Stepson Tortured for 1 1/2 years

cathieq said:
http://www.dailysentinel.com/news/content/news/stories/2006/02/02/20060202NDStorture.html

I've lurked around these forums for a while now, following each case. Most of the time I'm just too darn angry to post.:furious: I keep thinking I'll calm down so what I say is coherent...Looks like that day will never come...
Welcome cathieq...sorry this post was the one the marks you first with WS:mad: People are sick, it just amazes and disgusts me that people do this to children. At least the poor kid had enough strength in him to report this to the teacher. I hope his Mom and Stepdad suffer for what they have done to that poor baby.

Awww, man....that's just sad! And, his freakin' mother watched. What sick, twisted people they are! :furious: :banghead: :banghead:

Welcome cathieq

:banghead: Every time I hear about mothers letting this happen I get sick to my stomach .I am so glad he told someone what was happening .

welcome cathieq. This poor baby kneeling on grains of rice while holding bricks over his head. Praise God he has been rescued. You know it hurt his feelings and he was probably confused as to why his mom did nothing as all this was happening.

That is horribly disgusting. These people should get done to them exactly what they do to others:furious:

$10000.00 bond hardly sounds like enough. I think they should face being tied to a bed and beaten, along with sleeping on the floor, kneeling on rice, and running around with a 100 pound back pack on their backs.:banghead:

Let me first say that I have a wonderful husband who is so good to my daughter. However, I would have beat the s**t out of any SOB who ever even thought about abusing my child. I blame the mom the most in this one. To be able to stand back and watch someone beat your baby is beyond EVIL and no punishment on earth is bad enough for her!

Hell is not hot enough for people like this!

AMEN sister! The devil is just not mean enough to dish out the kind of punishment they deserve, to sit back and watch it. That is pure ice running in their veins, they need to be beaten as well and lots of other stuff, but I am just too mad to type it all here. Sons of *advertiser censored*.

He would have only been about 7 years old when the abuse started. Thank goodness he finally got brave enough to tell. And thank goodness he lived through it. That part about holding bricks above his head while kneeling on grains of rice- I know how much my arms hurt when I have to do something for very long above my head. And I have never had to do it while kneeling on rice or holding anything as heavy as a brick. I hope they both get the 20 years, and not the minimum 2.

~wildangel~ said:
That is horribly disgusting. These people should get done to them exactly what they do to others:furious:
Welcome, Wildangel, I wholeheartedly agree!

I, personally, am glad that someone believed him and acted upon it. This is a life saved because someone did. Welcome all newbies.

I personally think that mothers in these situations should recieve just as much jail time if not more then the boyfriend/stepfather.

I am sorry but I dont want to hear about the poor battered women because if it was the biological dad and a step mom noone would think he should not recieve the same time.

In my opinion what the mother did hurts more than the physical abuse. This poor little boy. I commend him for having the courage to come forward when so many don't, that saved his life, and God bless the teacher for listening and beliving him. Abuse is too often found too late b/c these horrible people inflicting it scare the child to death about telling.

God! I work in a school and know you sadly do get parents that do not have a clue how to look after their children. Little things bug me like how for example they can send their child into school first thing Monday morning with jumpers covered in egg/beans etc when they have had the whole weekend to give them a quick rinse?

But this is on a whole, whole different scale - this is not igorance. This is evil.
This is someone actually getting some sort of satisfaction out of the abuse which seems completely perverted to me! I think the punishments for these sorts of criminals should be tailor made for the individual concerned ie to force them to do exactly what their victim had to and for as long as ... disgusting!

It would have been a cold day in hell that anyone would have abused my kids when they were little. I can't even imagine standing by and watching them being abused like this poor little boy was. That mother could have grabbed a cast iron frying pan and bashed that man over the head while he was busy beating on that little boy. She could have grabbed any heavy item and laid him out....taken the little boy and went to the police. She made a choice to put her husband before her son. I hope that she never gets him back.

These two should get equal time in prison and it should be the 20 yrs...not 2 yrs. 2 yrs is no punishment at all. I hope the foster parents get this little one a good counselor. He's is probably pretty mixed up. He's a brave one though to finally tell his teacher. Courage is a good thing and I hope he is praised for having the courage to tell.

Amen Bobbisangel, I would have beat that man to death myself and then called the police. How any mother can do this, it just goes to show you that the term 'mother' doesn't just mean you gave birth to the little creature. The word 'mother' is so much more than just who gave birth to the baby. I saw an interview with Jada Pinkett Smith one time and she said it best. "Your mother is your pulse on the world." It's all you know when you are little and when she's evil its profound sadness. 20 years is too short, but I'll take it.

Im really glad to see that CPS didnt drop the bomb on this child---they apparently jumped right in to check things out at the home. The teacher deserves a hug for listening to the child and acting quickly. The system can work if we all work together (I cant believe that I just said that). Now if the stepfather and mom land in jail for any good length of time......

This is the only experience I have, but I believe it's relevant. When my stepson came to live with us around age 7 or 8... I was totally naive to how children behave at that age... I was only about 22, with 2 little babies of my own at home. So when i would get frustrated that he wasn't a little more independant (asking his dad to cut up his food, or put the toothpaste on his toothbrush).. my husband would tell me... 'Hey, you can't get so irritated, just try to help me TEACH him how to do these things'. My stepson came from a very neglectful environment, and I didnt realize until much later that he simply hadn't been taught these things.. he wasn't just 'lazy' as I first thought. Anyway, when I'd get frustrated, my husband was all over it... trying to explain things to me. If I had EVER said something ugly to him, let ALONE laid a hand on him, my husband would surely have taken my stepson and left me.

So we have stories like this, where a step parent beats the daylights out of a kid, and it's SO foriegn to me. And, as a parent myself, I know that if my own husband is too harsh with our kids, we have a little "chat" about that immediately. I protect my kids. I cannot even begin to understand how these mothers can stand by and allow this to happen! What is the phenomenon that makes some MAN more important than their OWN babies? :behindbar

February 2nd, 2006:

Scott Blaine Thomas, 41, and the boy's mother, Jacqueline L. Thomas, 32, were arrested Wednesday, both charged with injury to a child, a third-degree felony...

Thomas would allegedly use a pillow or his hand to cover the boy's mouth during abuse sessions, so neighbors near the house at 612 Park Lane, off Southwood Drive near Pershing Avenue, wouldn't hear the child's cries, Cross said.

In one incident detailed in an arrest affidavit, Thomas allegedly tied the boys' arms and legs to a bed with dog leashes for leaving his backpack where the dog could reach it. Thomas then allegedly beat the boy across the stomach, holding a pillow over his face as his mother watched, Cross said.

https://web.archive.org/web/2006020...ws/stories/2006/02/02/20060202NDStorture.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back