Sailor gets angry reply to bottle message

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score

http://www.boston.com/news/odd/articles/2006/02/03/sailor_gets_angry_reply_to_bottle_message/

(excerpt) :laugh: Last week, he excitedly opened a letter from England, and was stunned by the reply:

"I recently found your bottle while taking a scenic walk on the beach by Poole Harbour. While you may consider this some profound experiment on the path and speed" of "oceanic currents, I have another name for it, litter."

"You Americans don't seem to be happy unless you are mucking about somewhere," says the letter, signed by Henry Biggelsworth of Bournemouth, in Dorset County.

ROFL

Taximom said:

http://www.boston.com/news/odd/articles/2006/02/03/sailor_gets_angry_reply_to_bottle_message/

(excerpt) :laugh: Last week, he excitedly opened a letter from England, and was stunned by the reply:

"I recently found your bottle while taking a scenic walk on the beach by Poole Harbour. While you may consider this some profound experiment on the path and speed" of "oceanic currents, I have another name for it, litter."

"You Americans don't seem to be happy unless you are mucking about somewhere," says the letter, signed by Henry Biggelsworth of Bournemouth, in Dorset County.

ROFL
Mucking about somewhere...lol...that is priceless.

Paradise said:
Mucking about somewhere...lol...that is priceless.
That's exactly the part that cracked me up, considering some of the bashing the Brits have given some of us regarding the Entwistle case.

What a moaning idiot - obviously a rubbish obsessive! :crazy:
Taximom said:
That's exactly the part that cracked me up, considering some of the bashing the Brits have given some of us regarding the Entwistle case.
What bashing is this? I'd be interested in any links.

Enola said:
What a moaning idiot - obviously a rubbish obsessive! :crazy:

What bashing is this? I'd be interested in any links.
Check through some of the Entwistle threads. There may have been a little more of it at Steve Huff's site (re: entwistle), now that I think about it.

Well, I saw plenty of digs at the Brits (Huff editing comments out that he considers racist etc) but haven't found any the other way around yet.

What a jerk. I think it would be interesting to find a message in a bottle and I would reply nicely to it.

yeah, and if the "finder" was so concerned about litter......uuummm, why did he reply and throw the "litter" back into the ocean.....:razz:instead of just throwing the bottle out . :rolleyes:

Guess he wouldn't have liked 'Message In A Bottle' then. Too bad..... :croc:

JMHO
fran

The song or the movie?
crazy1.gif

Seems Mr. Biggelsworth could use a good laxative. :razz: :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics