Australia at risk for bed bug pandemic - Ewwww

I absolutely hate these little media catch phrases like ....

"Pandemic"

I got bedbugs on a work visit to New Orleans many years ago. It was icky. This wasn't even a "bad" hotel it was a run of the mill chain.

This may sound dumb so I will apologize ahead of time. I thought all matresses had bedbugs? I seem to remember in health class in high school being told that.

Amraann said:
I absolutely hate these little media catch phrases like ....

"Pandemic"
LOL, Amraann. And note it's always "at risk of" pandemic etc. Scare tactics work almost as good as the other "s" word...as far as selling goes. If you get my drift.

(But still, ewww, bed bugs!)

:eek: :eek:

concernedperson said:
I got bedbugs on a work visit to New Orleans many years ago. It was icky. This wasn't even a "bad" hotel it was a run of the mill chain.
I used to travel for business too. Haven't much lately though. One time I was behind this couple checking in that came back from their room for another room. They said there were tiny red bugs all over their sheets when they pulled back the covers. I ran so fast to get a taxi to the next place! I'm sure they had bed bugs too.

If all mattresses have them, it's probably the number that causes the "pandemic". :eek: :eek:

I don't like to think too much about these icky things!

2sisters said:
This may sound dumb so I will apologize ahead of time. I thought all matresses had bedbugs? I seem to remember in health class in high school being told that.
I think you must mean dust mites. They live on all the surfaces that humans sit, lie and walk on. They are also yucky but not like bedbugs. They are much bigger and I always refer to them as the "cockroach of the bedroom". I don't know what they look like though and I don't ever want to either..LOL!

A rental we had got invaded by spider mites once. It was over in a few days but I went crazy until they were gone. Picture thousands and thousands of little red bugs everywhere and everywhere.......:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

KrazyKollector said:
I think you must mean dust mites. They live on all the surfaces that humans sit, lie and walk on. They are also yucky but not like bedbugs. They are much bigger and I always refer to them as the "cockroach of the bedroom". I don't know what they look like though and I don't ever want to either..LOL!

A rental we had got invaded by spider mites once. It was over in a few days but I went crazy until they were gone. Picture thousands and thousands of little red bugs everywhere and everywhere.......:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
Yeah, that's it. DUST mites. I can't look at pictures of those either!

I think bed bugs are a much more serious problem! I read that they turn red after they engorge themselves with blood. ))shivering((

I'm sure this is a problem in many places, not just Australia.

Taximom said:
Yeah, that's it. DUST mites. I can't look at pictures of those either!

I think bed bugs are a much more serious problem! I read that they turn red after they engorge themselves with blood. ))shivering((

I'm sure this is a problem in many places, not just Australia.
I understand completely! I think dust mites are gross as heck! Then of course, there are the bugs that live in the roots of our eyelashes.......eeewww!!

There goes all hope for my sleep..LOL! :crazy: :sick: :sick: :sick: :eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back