Found Safe Australia - Craig Lambe, 25, Irish tourist, Kingsford, NSW, 11 Dec 2017

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
An Irish tourist Craig Lambe is missing in Sydney, Australia. The 25-year-old landed in Australia two weeks ago with a friend. They found a place to stay in Kingsford, which is 7km southeast of the Sydney, while they were looking for work.

Craig posted pics of his adventures on social media assuring family and friends that he was having an 'unreal time so far' and that he would contact them soon.

However, his loved ones are now looking frantically for Craig after he didn't return to his lodgings this week.

Craig has been described as tall and slim with dark hair and a dark beard. He was last seen wearing denim shorts and a black backpack on Middle Street in Kingsford about 12.30pm on Monday.

His cousin said that he had been looking for work and was on his way to a local bank when he went missing. “He had lost his bank card and told his friend he was going to sort things out at the bank. He’s sensible and kind. This is very out of character for him and we are all very worried.”

Craig's pal contacted his family and the police after the young Irishman failed to answer his calls.

He doesn't have access to money or a mobile phone.

Untitled-design-37.png

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/irish-tourist-craig-lambe-missing-11680532

Middle Street is a residential area. I wonder what bank he was going to and what direction he was going..

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 11.49.19 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 11.49.19 AM.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 88
I'm confused about this bit: (BBM)

[FONT=&quot]"Craig's pal contacted his family and the police after the young Irishman failed to answer his calls." - yet it goes on to say: "He doesn't have access to money or a mobile phone" -

No phone? Where was the friend calling him then? If he was "last seen leaving the Middle Street residence", who saw him? The friend? [/FONT]

Since we have no idea what bank he was going to, I can only guess. This one was pretty close:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 12.36.37 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 12.36.37 PM.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 84
I’ll keep an eye out for him when I’m over at Bondi Junction this week.

I wonder if Craig had an Opal card and if it’s registered? If so, police can find out when and where it was last used.

"Family and police hold concerns for his welfare due to his behaviour being out of character."

What was the behavior he displayed that was out of character?

Middle of the day. Was it a busy area? Is anyone here familiar with that area?

The behaviour was that he was usually in contact with his friends and family and now I suppose he’s not answering his calls or posting on SM. Could be his phone has run out of juice but doesn’t explain why he didn’t reach the bank.

Craig’s flat is in one of the back streets that lead to UNSW. He could’ve cut through there if he was headed to Bondi Junction. Unis are on StuVac at the moment but Anzac Parade is always busy as are High and Rainbow Streets.

Family pleads for help to find missing Irish backpacker Craig Lambe in Sydney
The Sydney Morning Herald
Rachel Clun
4 hours ago (as at 13:21 AEDT 13 December 2017)

‘In a statement, his family in Ireland said he had left his apartment without money, keys or a phone.

"Craig informed his friend (who he was travelling with) he was going to retrieve money from a Western Union/Bank Account," his brother James Lambe said.

"We believe Craig was struggling to access funds mainly due to losing his bank card but had not highlighted major difficulties with family or friends.

"Craig's friend believed he gained access to money as suggested and went shopping as they had just moved into the apartment."

James Lambe said his brother had taken a black bag with him, which the family believe contained his passport as well as a black jumper, thongs and a towel.

The 25-year-old, who is 180 centimetres tall with a medium build and brown hair, was wearing denim shorts.‘

Read more at:

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/family-pl...er-craig-lambe-in-sydney-20171212-h03k3f.html

"Craig's friend believed he gained access to money as suggested and went shopping as they had just moved into the apartment."

How in the world would his friend/traveling companion know if Craig successfully gained access to his money and then went shopping before he disappeared? Did I read that right or am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How in the world would his friend/traveling companion know if Craig successfully gained access to his money and then went shopping before he disappeared? Did I read that right or am I missing something?

He wouldn’t unless they’d been in contact after Craig went to the bank. At this stage, it’s what his friend says he ‘believes’. It won’t take long for police to check if Craig did get to the bank.

He wouldn’t unless they’d been in contact after Craig went to the bank. At this stage, it’s what his friend says he ‘believes’. It won’t take long for police to check if Craig did get to the bank.

Agreed, but it just seems like an odd thing to say. I’m not trying to split hairs here, (honestly) but I’d think most people would say “he was on his way to the bank, that’s all I know”. How could he even *believe* he made it to the bank, got his money *and* went shopping. We don’t even know if he made it to the bank. I’m looking forward to hearing what the police find out.

I’m so drawn to this case. I have strong ties to Ireland, travel there often and my husband and I were even married there - so when an Irish person goes missing, I feel especially invested.

Agreed, but it just seems like an odd thing to say. I’m not trying to split hairs here, (honestly) but I’d think most people would say “he was on his way to the bank, that’s all I know”. How could he even *believe* he made it to the bank, got his money *and* went shopping. We don’t even know if he made it to the bank. I’m looking forward to hearing what the police find out.

I’m so drawn to this case. I have strong ties to Ireland, travel there often and my husband and I were even married there - so when an Irish person goes missing, I feel especially invested.

I know what you mean. I have a soft spot for the Irish too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back