Fox suit assigned to pro-Ramsey Judge

candy

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
This is really bad news. Ramsey v. Fox News has been assigned to Judge Thrash. Judge Thrash threw out LHP's case. It is just imperative that Fox challenges Venue and Jurisdiction in this case. The Ramseys moved to Michigan and have lived in Charlevoix since July.
The Western District of Michigan is the proper jurisdiction for the Ramseys.

U.S. District Court
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia (Atlanta

CIVIL DOCKET FOR CASE #: 03-CV-3976

Ramsey, et al v. Fox News Network

Filed: 12/23/03
Assigned to: Judge Thomas W. Thrash
Jury demand: Plaintiff
Demand: $2,000,000
Nature of Suit: 320
Lead Docket: None
Jurisdiction: Diversity
Dkt# in other court: None
Cause: 28:1332 Diversity-Libel, Assault, Slander

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JOHN RAMSEY L. Lin Wood, Jr.
plaintiff [COR LD NTC]
Katherine M. Ventulett
[COR LD NTC]
Office of L. Lin Wood
100 Peachtree Street
2140 The Equitable Building
Atlanta, GA 30303
404-522-1713

PATSY RAMSEY L. Lin Wood, Jr.
plaintiff (See above)
[COR LD NTC]
Katherine M. Ventulett
(See above)
[COR LD NTC]

BURKE RAMSEY, a minor, by his L. Lin Wood, Jr.
next friends and natural (See above)
parents, JOHN RAMSEY and PATSY [COR LD NTC]
RAMSEY Katherine M. Ventulett
plaintiff (See above)
[COR LD NTC]

v.

FOX NEWS NETWORK, LLC
dba
Fox News Channel
defendant

DATE # IMG DOCKET ENTRY

12/23/03 1 COMPLAINT filed. Consent form to proceed before U.S.
magistrate and pretrial instructions given to attorney;
jury demand FILING FEE $150.00 #515617 (er)
[Entry date 12/31/03]

Wood said himself recently that the Rs have homes in Michigan AND Atlanta. Maybe this is why they have held onto their Atlanta residence, also?

Perhaps it is less the judge is "pro-Ramsey" than LHP didn't have a case.

tipper said:
No Tipper, what LHP didn't have, was a "Lawyer". Hopefully the FOX Corporation is able to hire some talented professional people who know what they are doing.

LHP didn't have reason enough to go to court as courts are.

The Ramsey case is going to be a political football if it isn't allready. The political establishment of Boulder is about as liberal as it gets. The fantasy based leftist/new age/pseudo eastern philosophy culture of Boulder is the major reason Patsy Ramsey wasn't arrested the first day. The law industry in this country is fast becoming leftist, right along with the print media and t.v. networks. Fox is conservative.

candy said:
You men venue. And no, its more proper in Atlanta where they had lived longer and suffered more damages and were living at the time of the statements being made.

Shylock said:
No Tipper, what LHP didn't have, was a "Lawyer". Hopefully the FOX Corporation is able to hire some talented professional people who know what they are doing.
You took the words right out of my mouth.

Forgive my pessimism, but it really doesn't matter what the venue is. Fox will likely settle, like they all do. I'm sure Lin has done his research on their lawyers, costs, etc. and when he sees it is cheaper to settle, he files the lawsuit.

Fox, like the others, are business oriented and their trade is profit. Right or wrong, $$$ talks and if it is cheaper to settle, they will.

As far as LHP, even pro bono, she is due a refund :crazy:

None of these posters know anything about LHP's case, or Chris Wolf's case. Yes, she had a lawyer, and under that lawyer Chris Wolf WON against the Ramseys motion to dismiss. It was under Thrash, even given judicial notice of what Carnes decided in the same court that dismissed LHP's case.

Barbara said:
Fox, like the others, are business oriented and their trade is profit. Right or wrong, $$$ talks and if it is cheaper to settle, they will.
Exactly Barbara, it's a business decision, nothing else. It's just like Steve Thomas' publisher settling with the Ramseys. I'm sure they weighed all their options including how much they would make if they went to court and published a second book about putting Patsy on trial. Obviously if they went to court and lost, it would cost them more money then they would make on a second book or there would have been a trial and we would all be eagerly awaiting its outcome and/or the new publication.

candy said:
None of these posters know anything about LHP's case, or Chris Wolf's case.

Not entirely true............

Does anyone know what LHP is doing these days? How the whole family is doing?

Maybe LHP is spending some time trying to protect her daughter from the likes of a certain internet poster. If not, I certainly hope she starts

Thrash dismissed LHP's case three weeks to the day after ST settled and that settlement received huge press attention.

candy said:
Thrash dismissed LHP's case three weeks to the day after ST settled and that settlement received huge press attention.

Is there a correlation somehow? Have I missed something? Is there any significance in those dates?

Has Fox been sued in the past by other plaintiffs, and did they settle in those cases?

I think Fox sued the animated TV show The Simpsons over something recently. It may have had something to do with a parody The Simpsons did using "fair and balanced." When Fox realized The Simpsons was a Fox program, it dropped the suit, rather than sue itself.

Ivy said:
I think Fox sued the animated TV show The Simpsons over something recently. It may have had something to do with a parody The Simpsons did using "fair and balanced." When Fox realized The Simpsons was a Fox program, it dropped the suit, rather than sue itself.

That IS funny. It reminds me of one of Mr. tipper's stories about a snake that accidently bit itself on the tail.

Until this case gets solved (I did say that didn't I? LOL) I think Wood will have his hands in somebody's pocket as people will talk about it. Although I'm pessimistic about Fox's stance on this, I sincerely hope they go head to head.

tipper said:

No doubt Tipper, LHP appears to be a little off her rocker espically after I read part of her book. :doh:

candy said:
This is really bad news. Ramsey v. Fox News has been assigned to Judge Thrash. Judge Thrash threw out LHP's case. It is just imperative that Fox challenges Venue and Jurisdiction in this case. The Ramseys moved to Michigan and have lived in Charlevoix since July.

I fail to see why this is bad news for anyone.

Judge Thrash has a good reputation for being fair and impartial.

This is an entirely different case from the one previously cited (LHP vs. Ramsey).

Do you mean to say that this judge rules the same way all the time for Lin Wood? That this judge participates in collusion with a particular attorney?

That is a slander/libel of Judge Thrash.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back