TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #43

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
attachment.php

"A fitness trainer and mother of three was murdered in a Dallas-area church Monday morning by a man wearing SWAT gear, police said."

"Boot camp-style exercise class participants who showed up at the Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian, Tex., around 5 a.m. found their instructor Terri “Missy” Bevers, 45, dead, according to the Midlothian Police Department."

"Fitness trainer Terri (Missy) Bevers, 45, was killed early Monday just before her boot-camp style class, police said. Participants in the Camp Gladiator class found her dead when they arrived to a Midlothian, Tex., church for the workout."

"Police Chief Carl Smith said a man wearing what looked like a tactical helmet, gloves and a heavy vest with "POLICE" written on it could be seen in security camera footage from the E. U.S. Highway 287 church just before Bevers arrived. The department released the 4 a.m. footage Monday afternoon, though Smith said no cameras captured the attack."

MEDIA & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

LE Update/Presser on April 22, 2016

Link to Midlothian Police Department facebook page
Images (still and video) from the church featuring the perp can be seen here.

Thread #1Thread #2Thread #3Thread #4Thread #5Thread #6
Thread #7Thread #8Thread #9Thread #10Thread #11Thread #12
Thread #13Thread #14Thread #15Thread #16Thread #17Thread #18
Thread #19Thread #20Thread #21Thread #22Thread #23Thread #24
Thread #25Thread #26Thread #27Thread #28Thread #29Thread #30
Thread #31Thread #32Thread #33Thread #34Thread #35Thread #36
Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41Thread #42

CERTAIN BEHAVIORS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!!

Dear Websleuths Members,

We are going to apply common sense to the Missy Bever's discussion.

You all have really done some amazing sleuthing in the Bever's case. Thank you for putting forth the effort to bring us interesting and helpful posts.

From now on if a member disrupts the thread in any way they will be timed out or banned.

Disrupting the thread could be anything from hitting the alert button over and over on posts that do not violate our TOS, to trying to disrupt members who are discussing a scenario that you disagree with, to arguing over something so minor that it makes me want to rip my eyeballs out of my head in frustration.

Here is an example: No more arguments over "shards of glass" VS "broken glass" LE referenced.

No outright accusations against specific individuals but very general broad speculation or theorizing will be allowed.

The last word from LE was a long time ago and was that none of the persons listed in the search warrants that have been released are suspects "at this time"

We all know that is doublespeak for we are not willing to name any of them POI or suspect RIGHT NOW.

So a general speculation of "I still find the husband's statements odd, his demeanor off. Something is not right there" are fine. While statements like "BB did it, I mean come on, his wife was sleeping around and it's almost always the husband or boyfriend" are over the line.

"I think this was motivated by jealousy by someone Missy knew, someone who felt threatened by her, someone with low self-esteem" would be okay while "it was that one woman [whatever her initials are] married to one teacher [insert initials]" would be over the line.

This should be easy to understand.

We want a lively and interesting discussion, however, we will not allow the Bever's discussion to get out of hand.

Thanks to tlcya and beach for their contributions to this post and for their continued hard work in moderating the Bever's thread.

Tricia

Search Warrants

dry cleaner warrant - redacted
LinkedIn warrant 5-5-16
AT&T Tower warrant 5-5-16
Search warrant

FB Warrant Probable Cause Affidavit

Another video recently released online shows what police call a “vehicle of interest,” although investigators will not confirm if they have identified its driver or explained its unusual appearance near the church. It was recorded by a series of cameras posted around a gun store near the church about two hours before the murder. The Nissan Altima spends six minutes in the SWFA Outdoors parking lot, much of the time with its lights off. The church is on the opposite side of the divided highway, less than a half mile away.
http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/01/1...terest-emerge/

READ THE OPENING POST AND THIS ONE AND THANK BOTH IF YOU INTEND TO POST. Pay particular attention to Tricia's warning about bickering and how to post in regards to your suspect(s). Outright accusations will not be tolerated.

Referring to people or groups of people by nicknames or alternate names needs to cease. you may use initials. Keep in mind that some of you are discussing a family that has lost a member to murder. It is one thing to find someone's demeanor off or point out percieved inconsistencies in their statements. It is quite another to bash them when they have been accused of nothing by Law Enforcement. I urge everyone to find that line and stay on the right side of it.

Poor Missy! Thread #43 and still no arrest! Thinking of Missy's daughters as they prepare to celebrate their first Christmas without their mother!

QUICK POLL RESULTS:

.....you think Missy's murder was targeted, somebody she knew did this 26

.....you think Missy's murder was NOT targeted, she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time 4

QUICK POLL RESULTS:

.....you think Missy's murder was NOT targeted, she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time 4
And I'm not sure this is significant, but I'll bet the 4 who said "not targeted" are men. I find that interesting but am not sure why.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

QUICK POLL RESULTS:

Is the poll closed? I don't remember if I voted or not. This year has been beautiful yet bittersweet.

For me, it doesn't matter what SP thought in regards to money being stowed in the Church. I believe MBs murder was targeted. CCoC could have a flashing sign out front asking folks to come take all they want yet it would not move my line an inch.

Is the poll closed? I don't remember if I voted or not. This year has been beautiful yet bittersweet.

For me, it doesn't matter what SP thought in regards to money being stowed in the Church. I believe MBs murder was targeted. CCoC could have a flashing sign out front asking folks to come take all they want yet it would not move my line an inch.

Agreed!!! I think when an arrest is finally made, a lot of us will find our gut feel was right...JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QUICK POLL RESULTS:

A poll like this, in this forum, is kinda like going to church and polling the congregation on whether or not they believe in God.

Agreed!!! I think when an arrest is finally made, a lot of us will find our gut feel was right...JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jane, I was going to respond to your other post and then the thread was closed. You made the statement, often repeated here, that the fact nothing was taken is evidence that it wasn't a burglary.

If it is a burglary interrupted, then the interruption is the REASON that nothing was taken. No burglar, having been surprised and then committing a murder, is going to say to himself, "Well that was too bad. Now, back to my burglarizing." Fight is followed by flight. Having been surprised by one person, he has to allow that more are on the way.

Let's check some facts, please don't respond unless you can link the source of your answer.
Fact check #1.. who found her?
Fact check #2.. where did the tools/weapons used come from and where did they end up?
Fact check #3.. What area/room of the church is the suspect seen bashing their way into at the end of the surveillance video?
What was in there?
Fact check #4.. How long is the time gap between the last seen action (that we've been told of) on the church surveillance video and the time when the first person(s) arrived on scene?

Let's check some facts, please don't respond unless you can link the source of your answer.
Fact check #1.. who found her?
Fact check #2.. where did the tools/weapons used come from and where did they end up?
Fact check #3.. What area/room of the church is the suspect seen bashing their way into at the end of the surveillance video?
What was in there?
Fact check #4.. How long is the time gap between the last seen action (that we've been told of) on the church surveillance video and the time when the first person(s) arrived on scene?

#4 answered.. 15 minutes - "Bevers, a mother of three, entered the building at 4:20 a.m., to prepare for the 5 a.m. fitness class she planned to lead.." "A participant in Camp Gladiator, Bevers' program, arrived to the church at 4:35"

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-video-timeline-released-in-terri-bevers-death-at-texas-church/

note: the article states "a participant.. arrived" which sounds like a single person was the first to arrive on scene after Missy. However, I plan to do more research into this before claiming it as a partial answer to Fact check #1

And I'm not sure this is significant, but I'll bet the 4 who said "not targeted" are men. I find that interesting but am not sure why.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

For the record, i'm a woman and believe MB was not targeted.

Have always thought Missy was targeted. However, a very small part of me is bothered by the fact the break in and subsequent murder, happened on a late Sunday night, early Monday morning. This is the one day of the week there could be money in the church, from Sunday collections.

IMHO

Have always thought Missy was targeted. However, a very small part of me is bothered by the fact the break in and subsequent murder, happened on a late Sunday night, early Monday morning. This is the one day of the week there could be money in the church, from Sunday collections.

IMHO

A very strange burglar indeed, the way he/she ambles about in the church as if killing time. You'd think they'd want to get in and out as fast as possible. Have you watched the video?

A very strange burglar indeed, the way he/she ambles about in the church as if killing time. You'd think they'd want to get in and out as fast as possible. Have you watched the video?

I thought the same thing until I started researching church burglaries caught on video. First off, thieves break into churches because they typically are easier targets. They aren't looking for money, they are looking for electronics, computers, video equipment, and things of that nature. In one case, the thieves broke in, spent an hour causing damages while looking around then another hour stealing what they found. That methodology sounded very familiar.
I remember reading that multiple windows were found broken. I wonder if the suspect busted some first, to see if it triggered an alarm before entering the church? I'm no thief but the church exterior looks nice enough to me that I would expect it to have one.

You'd think a person targeting Missy would NOT be ambling about. You'd think they would be keyed up, moving with purpose, getting quickly to an area where they would be sure to see MB's headlights as she pulled in.

A burglar, on the other hand, would have chosen a rainy Sunday night, at 4 in the morning, precisely so that they would NOT have to get in and out as fast as possible. In their mind, they have a couple of hours to spare at minimum. They could take their time and methodically check over every inch of that church, then go back over it at the end to gather up whatever items of interest they wanted.

Which is exactly the behavior we see in the video, with the exception of SP not being able to gather anything up at the end because he just murdered someone.

You'd think a person targeting Missy would NOT be ambling about. You'd think they would be keyed up, moving with purpose, getting quickly to an area where they would be sure to see MB's headlights as she pulled in.

A burglar, on the other hand, would have chosen a rainy Sunday night, at 4 in the morning, precisely so that they would NOT have to get in and out as fast as possible. In their mind, they have a couple of hours to spare at minimum. They could take their time and methodically check over every inch of that church, then go back over it at the end to gather up whatever items of interest they wanted.

Which is exactly the behavior we see in the video, with the exception of SP not being able to gather anything up at the end because he just murdered someone.

Exactly. Walking down the hall, dragging their hand absentmindedly along the wall.. there is nothing about their demeanor that says "I'm going to kill someone in a few minutes."
Also, proponents of premeditation often say something to the effect of, "the killer knew exactly when she would be there." She wasn't coming, they were coming. A class worth of fitness enthusiasts coming to a parking lot with one exit. It had been raining and they were moving the class inside, plenty of reason for someone to show up early to help get the gear inside. I spent all night going over Missy's Facebook photo posts, several times. As I'd read, Missy commonly brought one or more of her daughters with her to workouts, even the 5:00 AM workout.
And nobody got there "exactly" on time. Missy arrived and entered the building at 4:20, 40 minutes early.
The first class participant arrived at 4:35, 25 minutes early.
Not to mention, who plans to murder a fitness instructor in hand to hand combat? Even armed with a hammer and tools, that is just a stupid plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear