1080 users online (242 members and 838 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

MN - Scot Baek Radel, 21, St Cloud, Feb 2006

St. Cloud Police are asking for the public's help in finding Scot Baek Radel, a student at St. Cloud State University, who has been missing since Thursday night.

Radel, 21, was supposed to meet some friends at the Press Bar in downtown St. Cloud on Thursday night, but never showed up, according to a police incident report.

Friends said he had called them after he had left McRudy's Bar and Pub just before midnight, looking for directions to the Press Bar.

More.... http://www.startribune.com/462/story/226621.html

So many people come up missing after leaving bars. I hope no harm has come to this young man and that he is found soon.

Update...

http://www.wctrib.com/ap/index.cfm?p...w&id=D8FJ642G2

Police say they found several foot prints on the frozen Mississippi River that may have belonged to a St. Cloud State student who has been missing since Thursday.

The search continued today for 21-year-old Scot Baek Radel. St. Cloud police say they found foot prints on the river near downtown that were similar to the shoes Radel was last seen wearing.

New Article

http://www.sctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll...WS01/102060017

This one comes from today's St Cloud Times.

I saw this on Greta last night. I went to college in St.Cloud. What these kids are talking about- how everyone walks home from the bars... is true, they walk in HUGE crowds down the street, throngs of people. That's the safest way, so I never felt uncomfortable walking. It's a pretty small campus and most people live within 10 blocks of "downtown". I've been to both of these bars, and this town is so... Mayberry... it's scary that a student is missing.

St Cloud

I recently moved away from St Cloud after having lived there for the past 8 years. It's a great town, but I certainly wouldn't call it Mayberry. I too would walk from bar to bar and at the end of the night walk home with a group of friends. We never had any problems. I just hope this guy is alright!

Here's a couple of new articles from today's St Cloud Times.

Students, staff advised about Radel
    http://www.sctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll...102070015/1009

Rescue teams look for missing SCSU student
    http://www.sctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll...102070016/1009

New articles

Here are some new articles from today's papers.

Marine rover scours Mississippi for Radel

http://www.sctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll...WS01/102080017

Family unites in search for missing student

http://www.startribune.com/462/story/232589.html

I hope they find him soon!

Unhappy another missing Mn college student

I grew up and went to school in St Cloud. I frequented those bars also. The Press is not on a walking route near the river. It is several blocks away. I was in St Cloud last Wednesday and as I drove down 5th ave.north (or river road) I stopped to watch the search team looking for Scott. The spot where the river is accessable from the road by just walking in is about 5 blocks from the Press Bar and the nearest access to the river is down a steep hill covered with lots of shrubs and underbrush. It is not in the direction of the college but the opposite direction. Something doesn't add up here. There are several very puzzling unsolved cases around the St Cloud area. I pray this one will not become another.

http://www.sctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll...02120034&theme=

The 24 hours that led up to Scot Radel's disappearance were spent like those of any normal college student: going to class, talking to friends and taking a nap.
    While the search continues for the 21-year-old St. Cloud State University student who has been missing for more than a week, the events leading up to that night have provided few clues:

(Some times are approximate.)

Wednesday, Feb. 1

10:05 p.m.: Will Brittain, Radel's roommate and a St. Cloud State student, returns to the apartment he shares with Radel and Tony Hartle after playing intramural basketball. Brittain sees Radel in the living room with Hartle, also a St. Cloud State student.

11:45 p.m.: Radel goes to sleep.

Thursday, Feb. 2

9:30 a.m.: Radel is still home just before 9:30 a.m., when Brittain goes to his first class of the day.

Brittain and Hartle say Radel probably took a shower and got ready for class. "I can't really picture him leaving before class," Brittain said.

11 a.m.: Radel goes to class.

12:45 p.m.: Radel returns home.

2 p.m.: Radel takes a nap.

5 p.m.: Danielle Saufferer, Radel's girlfriend, calls to wake him up from the nap but receives no answer.

6:30 p.m.: Radel leaves a message on Saufferer's cell phone saying he had taken a three-hour nap.

"He said he would have to get pretty hammered in order to sleep tonight," Saufferer said. He also said: "I love you," Saufferer said.

7:45 p.m.: Radel arrives at RumRunners for beer and pizza with friends, according to Kady Lindquist, who was with Radel that night.

9:30 p.m.: Radel and the group of friends he is with go to D.B. Searle's.

10:30 p.m.: The group leaves D.B. Searle's for McRudy's Pub, arriving there at 10:30 or 11 p.m., Lindquist said. Hartle returns home from work.

11 p.m.: Hartle, Brittain and another friend head to D.B. Searles. Radel calls asking where they are and says he is on his way to meet them.

11:20 p.m.: Radel calls Brittain and say he is confused about where he is. He tells Brittain he is near the Paramount Theatre, and Brittain tells him to turn around because he is going the wrong way.

Hartle said Radel didn't have a good grasp of the geography of downtown St. Cloud. Radel turned 21 in January and had only been downtown a handful of times, Hartle said.

"It had only been a month (that he was 21) and he was taking a class and there wasn't a lot of time," Hartle said. Radel "hadn't been down there more than probably a handful of times. Go to school, go to Target, Wal-Mart, that kind of stuff. He should have realized he was just at (D.B. Searle's) before he went to McRudy's."

11:32 p.m.: Radel calls Hartle and says he is at a green traffic light. The line goes dead. Hartle is on his way out of D.B. Searle's to find Radel, but Radel doesn't give him any more information, except that he is near a bank. Brittain, Hartle and others call Radel several more times and leave messages between 11:32 p.m. and midnight.

Midnight: Radel still isn't answering his phone. Brittain and Hartle figure Radel walked home, ran into other friends and went off with them or went into another bar and didn't hear his phone.

Friday, Feb. 3

2:15 a.m.: Brittain and Hartle return home after bar close. The door to Radel's room is locked, possibly because Brittain was going to have people over that night, Hartle said.

3:15 a.m.: Brittain and Hartle open the door with a knife after pounding on it and breaking a butter knife trying to get in. They call the jail, the detoxification center and the hospital.

"Nobody has anything on Scot Radel," Hartle said.

4 a.m.: Brittain and Hartle walk back downtown to look for signs of their roommate.

5 a.m.: Brittain and Hartle go to sleep.

9 a.m.: Brittain and Hartle attend their first classes of the day. After class, they call the jail, detox and the hospital. No one has any information on Radel.

1:15 p.m.: Hartle and Brittain call Allan Radel, Scot's father, who urges them to report Scot as a missing person.

2:30 p.m.: Brittain and Hartle file a police report.

5:25 p.m.: St. Cloud police issue an alert to local media.

Sources: Allan Radel, Danielle Saufferer, Will Brittain, Tony Hartle and Kady Lindquist

The little boy from Korea was all fat rolls, caramel skin and charcoal-colored hair. The airport was the delivery room on that day, Dec. 26, 1985, when 30 children, including Scot Radel, were handed to their new parents.

Allan Radel looked at the child in his arms.

"He's a little roly-poly guy. He's fat, just fat," Radel said.

The boy returned a concerned look. Allan Radel didn't know what to do. So, he put the pudgy boy's fingers in his mouth and started nibbling at them. Scot Radel smiled.

"Him and I were OK from right there," Allan Radel said.

Telling that story was the only moment during an hour-long conversation late last week that tears held back Allan Radel's words. As authorities, family and friends continue to search for Scot Radel, the St. Cloud State University junior who disappeared more than 10 days ago, those close to him spoke about his talents, eccentricities and what comes to mind when they think of their son, brother and friend.

More at link:

http://www.sctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll...02120032&theme=

Quote Originally Posted by matahari
    I grew up and went to school in St Cloud. I frequented those bars also. The Press is not on a walking route near the river. It is several blocks away. I was in St Cloud last Wednesday and as I drove down 5th ave.north (or river road) I stopped to watch the search team looking for Scott. The spot where the river is accessable from the road by just walking in is about 5 blocks from the Press Bar and the nearest access to the river is down a steep hill covered with lots of shrubs and underbrush. It is not in the direction of the college but the opposite direction. Something doesn't add up here. There are several very puzzling unsolved cases around the St Cloud area. I pray this one will not become another.
    The river search is continuing today. I'm still looking for the article that describes the footprints that were found on the frozen part of the river leading out to open water. There were no prints coming back, and it appears the person who made the prints was running. I believe a search dog alerted in this general area as well. This is in a residential neighborhood several blocks away from the college bar area.

http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/s14040.html

Crews started searching in a new location late this morning in the search for a missing St. Cloud State student.

Scot Baek Radel, 21, has been missing since last Thursday.

Crews have completed their search of the river near the dam and have now moved upstream. A yellow tent has been set up on the water and crews are now scouring the water beneath the ice for any trace of Radel. Last week, authorities found footprints leading out to this spot on the river, but the footprints never returned.

Sgt. Ben Baloun: "…Footprints leading out onto the ice, yeah, that certainly warrants the police department taking a look at."

Baloun said to get out onto the river to where the footprints led, someone would need to fall about 30 feet from the embankment and then stumble another ten or 15 feet to get to the ice.

I just don't understand how someone can accidentally drown in a river...maybe from falling from a high ledge or something, but when there are footsteps leading to the water, it dosen't make sense.

they need to take a plaster of the footprints and see if they match the shoes he was wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by jodierenee
    I just don't understand how someone can accidentally drown in a river...maybe from falling from a high ledge or something, but when there are footsteps leading to the water, it dosen't make sense.

they need to take a plaster of the footprints and see if they match the shoes he was wearing.
    It's because he could have fallen through the ice into the frigid water... would be near impossible to get out if you fall through the ice.

ahhh....duh...i should read more carefully...living in texas, i forget about ice!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast