FL - Joann Gray, 46, Vero Beach, 26 December 2005

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
VERO BEACH — A car belonging to a Vero Beach woman who has been missing since the day after Christmas was found Saturday in Madison, Wis., and the body of an unknown person was found in the trunk, law enforcement officials said.

The Dane County, Wis., medical examiner could have a positive identification of the body by Monday, Indian River County Sheriff's Office spokesman Deputy Jeff Luther said Saturday.

http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/local_news/article/0,2545,TCP_16736_4442058,00.html

http://www.wkowtv.com/index.php/news/story/p/pkid/23242

Joann Lynette Gray Was reported missing by relatives the day after Christmas. Gray is from Vero Beach, Florida. She was last seen in her 1986 Jaguar. Police say she bought it just a couple days before her disappearance. Witnesses said she was with Louis Dangelo.

Dangelo is in jail in Madison on unrelated charges, but police have many questions for him on Gray's disappearance. Gray's friends said she was at a Christmas party with Dangelo the last night she was seen. Friends told police the two were on their way to Wisconsin. Dangelo was the one who told police where to find her car. When police arrived at Affordable Self-Storage on Remington Road in Madison, that's when the body was discovered in the trunk. An Indian River County Sheriff's Deputy, a Florida Department of Law Enforcement and an FBI Agent are in Wisconsin investigating. The body inside has not been identified yet. No word on whether it's a man or woman.

http://www.wbay.com/Global/story.asp?S=4456233

Police discover body in trunk

MADISON, Wis. Mysterious goings-on in Madison today.

Police say they've found a body in the trunk of a car a missing woman was last seen driving.

Forty-six-year-old Joann Lynnette Gray was last seen on December 26th in Vero Beach, Florida.

Authorities there say she was seen driving in a red 1986 Jaguar with a man from Beaver Dam, Wisconsin.

~more at link~

This is local for us. As much as I read the news, I didn't even know this gal was missing. I'm sure glad they got the guy.

Beyond Belief said:
This is local for us. As much as I read the news, I didn't even know this gal was missing. I'm sure glad they got the guy.

They identified her body.

Missing Vero Beach woman found dead in car trunk in Wisconsin

MADISON, Wis. -- A body found in a car's trunk at a storage facility has been identified as a Florida woman who had been missing since December.

The Dane County coroner identified the body as Joann Gray, 46, of Vero Beach, Fla., according to an Indian River County sheriff's department news release.

and
The man was being held at the Dodge County Jail on Sunday, said jail supervisor Dawn Smack.

He was arrested Saturday on tentative charges of mutilating or hiding a corpse and possession of stolen property, including the car in which Gray was found. He was scheduled for an initial court appearance Monday.

Luther said the man is considered a suspect, but investigators have not determined where Gray was killed or who did it.

~more at link~

Beyond Belief said:

I'm glad they have him, too. She had only recently met him according to the link I posted.

Hopefully her family can have some peace, now that she's been found.

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/local/index.php?ntid=71563&ntpid=3

A body found in the trunk of a car at a Madison storage company was identified Sunday as the remains of a missing Florida woman who police say was murdered.

Police did not release the cause of death for Joann Gray, 46, of Vero Beach, Fla., but said an autopsy performed in Madison showed she was murdered. Her body was found Saturday in the trunk of a maroon 1986 Jaguar parked in a storage locker at Affordable Self Storage, 4402 Remington Road.

Gray's boyfriend, Louis Dangelo, 43, of Niagara Falls, N.Y., led investigators to the far East Side locker after he was tracked to Beaver Dam and interviewed by agents from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, the FBI, and Indian River County, Fla., Sheriff's Office.

http://nbc15.madison.com/home/headlines/2260221.html

She was last seen with 42-year-old Louis Dangelo, who led police to the car and is now charged with mutilating or hiding a corpse and possession of stolen property.

This is so close to my home... it's scary. It's also very odd... You dont hear about this stuff happening too much around here... It sounds like neither she nor her murderer had connections to this state, either... Very strange.

He put the car in storage with the body still in it? That is odd.

You know whats even stranger yet? I'll put a link to Mapquest...

The address is 4402 Remington Rd Madison WI

www.mapquest.com

Okay... As you will see, this storage facility is in a very high traffic area. Highway 51 is one of the most traveled highways in this city, and the storage facility is right on a frontage road facing that major highway. The storage area is also very brightly lit up at night time. I have driven by there thousands of times, and I always wonder why it's so bright over there, and I can remember thinking.... Hmmm they sure have a lot of lights for just a storage place... Wonder if they've been broken into a lot. It's lit up like a christmas tree.

He was arrested on MUTILATING and hiding a corpse charges... :furious:

Do you know if the car was inside a storage area itself, or just parked in the lot?

I put some things in storage when I moved out of my house and oddly enough one of the provisions I had to agree to was not to store any dead bodies in my storage unit. I didn't realize it was happening enough to warrant a provision in the contract :eek:

mssheila said:
He was arrested on MUTILATING and hiding a corpse charges... :furious:
There is another thread on this in missing/located forum. What I find
reprehensible is that she apparently just met this man on vacation several days before she went missing.

this case is local to me too... I live within 5 miles of that storage facility:eek: , and I wrote more about this in Crimes in the news... I didnt see this thread...

Beyond,

Local news down there really dropped the ball on this one too. I never saw anything at all on her being missing, just like the Okeechobee couple that was found murdered.

Beyond Belief said:

Did you see the article on the carjacking in Osceola county? Just happened today. I am wondering if thats connected to missing Jennifer kesse.

Okay.. this storage place is super shady. I had another one in mind, but when I went to the actual address yesterday, I was suprised to find it wasn't the place I thought it would be... This is hidden back from the road and it's on a really yucky side street with a bunch of junk cars etc... It is not well lit... I'm just curious how a person from NY would find this place to rent a place from. It is on a major highway, but it's back a couple blocks.

Updated info

http://nbc15.madison.com/news/headlines/2266991.html

Just thought I'd mention here too, that I went by the actual storage facility yesterday. It isn't the one I thought it was, this one is further back from the highway, and not well lit at all. It's on a street with a bunch of icky houses and junk cars. I guess it wouldn't be as hard to hide a body there as I originally thought.

And I still dont know if she was inside the storage locker, in the trunk, or if the car was parked outside.

Udated info

http://nbc15.madison.com/news/headlines/2266991.html

Man accused of hiding body in trunk of a car is charged in slaying

INDIAN RIVER COUNTY — Family and friends of Joann Gray expressed relief Wednesday when they heard a New York man accused of hiding the Vero Beach woman's body in the trunk of a car was charged with killing her.

Louis Dominick Dangelo, 42, of Niagara Falls, N.Y., was charged Wednesday with second-degree murder for allegedly strangling Gray, 46. He was served with the warrant while incarcerated in Wisconsin on a charge of hiding a corpse, officials said.
http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/local_news/article/0,2545,TCP_16736_4470530,00.html

Louis Dangelo

Housed: Wakulla Annex
Initial Receipt Date: 11/13/2008

Offense: 2nd Degree Murder
Sentence: Life

Offense: Grand Theft/300 Less Thank 5000
Sentence: 5 years

Offense: Grand Theft Auto
Sentence: 5 years

Current Release Date: Sentenced to Life

Members online