Memorial~United Airlines Flight 93

IdahoMom

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site

A few posters last week said they would like to learn more about those who perished (were murdered, actually) on the doomed flights the morning of 9-11.

I will post a list of passengers for this flight, and if ya'll would like to share what you know, or pick a passenger and post a profile (with picture would be nice), that would be great.

There are so many stories to be told, and so many lives cut short senselessly.

PLEASE KEEP POLITICAL BS OFF THESE THREADS. THERE IS A SPECIFIC PLACE HERE AT WS FOR THAT.

UNITED AIRLINES FLIGHT 93

United Airlines Flight 93, from Newark, New Jersey, to San Francisco, California, crashed in rural southwest Pennsylvania, with 45 people on board.

CREW

Jason Dahl, 43, from Denver, Colorado, was the plane's captain. He had a wife and son. Dahl had a lifelong interest in flying, said his aunt, Maxine Atkinson, of Waterloo, Iowa.

Leroy Homer, 36, from Marlton, New Jersey, was the first officer on board. He was married and had a daughter.

Lorraine Bay was a flight attendant.

Sandra Bradshaw, 38, of Greensboro, North Carolina, was a flight attendant.

Wanda Green was a flight attendant.

CeeCee Lyles of Fort Myers, Florida, was a flight attendant. She reached her husband, Lorne, by cell phone to tell him that she loved him and their children before the plane went down. The couple between them had four children.

Deborah Welsh was a flight attendant.

PASSENGERS

Christian Adams

Todd Beamer, 32, was from Cranbury, New Jersey.

Alan Beaven, 48, of Oakland, California, was an environmental lawyer.

Mark Bingham, 31, of San Francisco owned a public relations firm, the Bingham Group.

Deora Bodley, 20, of Santa Clara, California, was a university student.

Marion Britton

Thomas E. Burnett Jr., 38, of San Ramon, California, was a senior vice president and chief operating officer of Thoratec Corp.

William Cashman

Georgine Corrigan

Joseph Deluca

Patrick Driscoll

Edward Felt, 41, was from Matawan, New Jersey.

Colleen Fraser

Andrew Garcia

Jeremy Glick, 31, from West Milford, New Jersey, called his wife, Liz, and in-laws in New York on a cell phone to tell them the plane had been hijacked, Joanne Makely, Glick's mother-in-law, told CNN.

Lauren Grandcolas of San Rafael, California.

Donald F. Green, 52, was from Greenwich, Connecticut.

Linda Gronlund

Richard Guadagno, 38, of Eureka, California, was the manager of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's Humboldt Bay National Wildlife Refuge.

Toshiya Kuge

Waleska Martinez

Nicole Miller

Mark Rothenberg

Christine Snyder, 32, was from Kailua, Hawaii. She was an arborist for the Outdoor Circle and was returning from a conference in Washington.

John Talignani

Honor Wainio

http://www.unitedheroes.com/Nicole-Miller.html

miller-smile.jpg
Nicole Carol Miller
21 years old
San Jose, CA

The following biography, photo, and poem were sent to us by Nicole's father and step-mother, David and Catherine Miller:

Nicole Carol Miller was born March 4, 1980, in San Jose, California. She lived all her life in San Jose, attending Allen Elementary School, Bret Harte Middle School, and Pioneer High School, where she graduated in 1998. At Pioneer High School, Nicole was a good student. She was on the championship varsity swimming/diving team in her freshman and sophomore years. She played softball all four years of high school, winning a softball college scholarship in her senior year. After high school, Nicole continued to be an athlete who loved to work out, hike, play softball, ride horses, and jog.

On the Dean's List at West Valley College in Saratoga, California while working her way through college, Nicole was finishing up her last eight units. She planned to transfer to California State University, Chico or California State University, San Jose in January 2002, where she was expecting to complete her Bachelor of Arts degree.

Nicole had a wonderful outlook on life. Her brilliant smile lit up entire rooms and her loving personality made everyone, including strangers, feel right at home. It would be natural for her to give her life for another's and that she did, bravely and heroically, along with the crew and passengers of United Airlines Flight 93 on September 11, 2001. Nicole is survived by her father, David J. Miller; stepmother, Catherine M. Miller; mother, Cathy M. Stefani; stepfather, Wayne Stefani Sr.; and her siblings, Tiffney M. Miller, David S. Miller, Danielle L. Miller, Wayne Stefani Jr., Joshua R. D. Tenorio, and Anthony D. Tenorio.

lyles.jpg
CeeCee Ross-Lyles
34 years old
Fort Myers, FL

Mrs. Lyles was one of the flight attendants on board United 93. Before working as a flight attendant, she was a police officer for six years. She resigned because the airline industry offered more perks and less stress.

Mrs. Lyles husband, Lorne, a police officer, received a phone call that morning. She was surprisingly calm, he said, considering the screaming he heard in the background.

"Just hearing my wife saying she loved us through all that chaos on that plane is just embedded in my heart forever," he said. Mrs. Lyles' son Jerome Smith is 16 years old. "Everything that happened, the tragedy, was for a cause," he said.

beamer.todd.jpg
Todd Morgan Beamer
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Residence:Cranbury, NJ, United States
spacer.gif
Corp.
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Updated:October 8, 2002Tributes and InformationBeamer was one of the passengers on United Flight 93 who, it is believed, rushed the cockpit in an effort to take control of the plane. His wife Lisa gave birth to the couple's third child, daughter Morgan Kay Beamer, in January 2002.

Todd Beamer, a Glen Ellyn native who graduated in 1991 from Wheaton College, was a passenger on Flight 93 to San Francisco.

An account manager for Oracle Corp., Beamer was heading to a business meeting when his plane went down in rural Pennsylvania. His wife of seven years, Lisa, described Beamer, a business student at Wheaton, as a loving and athletic man.

Lisa Beamer said she hadn't been watching TV that morning and was unaware of what was going on until a friend called and asked if Todd was OK. She turned on the TV and saw the crashes, then tried to find out his itinerary. When news broke of the Pennsylvania crash, "my heart sank," she said, figuring that his flight would be in that general area by that time.

"Todd, he had a love of life," Lisa Beamer said of her husband, an avid Bulls and Cubs fan. And "he loved being with his family." Profile courtesy of THE CHICAGO TRIBUNE.

Honor Elizabeth Wainio, 27, Watchung, N.J.

20011029wainioshot.jpg

Honor Elizabeth Wainio was a district manager for the Discovery Channel stores.

Elizabeth's stepmother in Baltimore reportedly received a call from Elizabeth on a phone lent to her by Lauren Grandcolas and told her, "I've got to go now, Mom, they're breaking into the cockpit."

The following obituary by Gail Gibson was published by The Baltimore Sun:
Born in Baltimore, Honor Elizabeth Wainio grew up in Catonsville and went to college in Towson. A district manager in New Jersey for the Discovery Channel's retail stores, she was traveling on Flight 93 Tuesday morning from Newark for a meeting in San Francisco.

Ms. Wainio, who lived in Watchung, N.J., was 27.

A 1991 graduate of Catonsville High School, she earned a bachelor's degree in communications from Towson University in 1995. She had worked in retail stores during college and had developed a great interest in what it took to make a store successful, said her stepmother, Esther Heymann of Catonsville.

Ms. Wainio, who helped oversee the 1999 opening of the Discovery Channel Store at Harborplace in Baltimore, truly had a deep joy of living -- "joie de vivre," her stepmother said.

"She was just one of the most enthusiastic people," Ms. Heymann said. "She treasured and cherished her friends."

Besides her stepmother, Ms. Wainio is survived by her father, Ben Wainio of Catonsville, and her mother, Mary White of Port St. Lucie, Fla., a brother and a sister.

On Sunday, Ms. Wainio had returned from a two-week trip to Europe, where she had attended the wedding of longtime friends in Florence, Italy, and visited another friend in Paris. Ms. Wainio had told Ms. Heymann the trip was fabulous. "She said, 'After Paris, what else could there be?'"

I picked Colleen Fraser from flight 93 to honor. I spend alot of time choosing who I am going to profile. I know when it is the right person for me to honor, because that person just strikes something in me. Colleen was one MIGHTY woman. She went through so much in life to have it all just taken away so suddenly.

Article about her and her pictures

http://www.legacy.com/Sept11.asp?Page=TributeStory&PersonId=91614

some lines from the article...

Born with a form of dwarfism, Colleen Fraser stood less than 4 feet tall. She walked with a cane, which she would shake wildly to make a point.

Fraser fashioned her flaming red hair into spikes like a punk rocker and wore numerous earrings. She wore open-toed sandals with orthopedic lifts. She liked gothic novels and horror movies. She was a wood carver and loved to bake. She was also a passionate and tireless advocate.

Born with a condition that made her legs grow deformed, Colleen Fraser endured seemingly endless months in hospitals undergoing more than 30 painful operations to straighten them.

She certainly made the state look at how we treat disabled people," her sister said. "We tend to house them in institutions. Colleen showed them those types of things don't work."

Here is a really good article on Colleen

http://www.post-gazette.com/headlines/20011028flt93fraserbiop8.asp

despite her size, she was a very powerful woman, and it sounds like she had a powerful personality.

Thanks for doing this Idahomom. A very good idea. I really enjoy reading the profiles althought it's heartbreaking.

arielilane said:
lyles.jpg
CeeCee Ross-Lyles
34 years old
Fort Myers, FL

Mrs. Lyles was one of the flight attendants on board United 93. Before working as a flight attendant, she was a police officer for six years. She resigned because the airline industry offered more perks and less stress.

Mrs. Lyles husband, Lorne, a police officer, received a phone call that morning. She was surprisingly calm, he said, considering the screaming he heard in the background.

"Just hearing my wife saying she loved us through all that chaos on that plane is just embedded in my heart forever," he said. Mrs. Lyles' son Jerome Smith is 16 years old. "Everything that happened, the tragedy, was for a cause," he said.
I posted a memorial to CeeCee in the Remember 9/11 thread http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28982&page=2

I knew CeeCee personally. While at Ft Pierce Police Department she was a fellow Detective and worked with MrShadow205.

Rest in peace friend. You are not forgotten.

Thomas E. Burnett Jr., 38, of San Ramon, California, was a senior vice president and chief operating officer of Thoratec Corp. A woman in Minnesota found out years after the attack that Tom is her father....
LINK;Young Minnesota woman in search of birth parents learns her dad was a hero
Mariah Mills' birth father, Tom Burnett, was a leader of a group that fought hijackers on United Flight 93 before the plane crashed in Pennsylvania.

Today, Mills has developed a relationship with Burnett's widow, Deena, and other members of Burnett's family.

Here's a great story and picture about Christina

Passenger: Christine Snyder

With her long blonde hair and a deep beach tan honed from a lifetime in Hawaii, Christine Snyder often was underestimated by the people she came up against in her job as a certified arborist with the islands' oldest nonprofit environmental group.

http://www.post-gazette.com/headlines/20011028flt93snyderbiop8.asp

In remembrance of those whose lives were tragically and unfairly cut short. My thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends left behind.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueSmurf1
Back