Superbowl Wedding Party

Lili

My opinion only.
Reaction score
Steelerwedding.jpg
The new Mr. and Mrs. Kirk (Debby Schreckengost) Whitehouse exchanged wedding vows Sunday at the Moose Club just before Sunday's Super Bowl. The couple received an extra-special wedding gift by the end of the evening: A win by the Steelers - and an extra wedding ring, for the thumb - in Super Bowl XL. (Photo by Tom Chapin)

PUNXSUTAWNEY - The bride wore white, but the guests wore black and gold.

With the groom's uncle, Matt Taladay, playing the Steelers' fight song on acoustic guitar, Debby Schreckengost walked to her groom, Kirk Whitehouse, as the couple wed Sunday just two hours before Super Bowl XL, pitting her beloved Steelers against the Seahawks. “Her exact words were, ‘The next time the Steelers go to the Super Bowl, we'll get married,'” said Kirk, wearing a black tuxedo complete with a bow-tie and vest bearing Steelers helmets. “She's the biggest fan.”

The bridal party wore Steelers jerseys. The groomsmen wore Steelers jerseys. Ninety-nine percent of the friends, family and well-wishers who had gathered at the Moose Club along Route 436 wore Steelers jerseys.

The only person in the wedding who was not wearing a Steelers jersey was District Judge Douglas Chambers, although his yellow necktie complimented his black judicial robe. Continued.....

http://www.punxsutawneyspirit.com/articles/2006/02/06/news/news1.txt

Lili said:
Steelerwedding.jpg
The new Mr. and Mrs. Kirk (Debby Schreckengost) Whitehouse exchanged wedding vows Sunday at the Moose Club just before Sunday's Super Bowl. The couple received an extra-special wedding gift by the end of the evening: A win by the Steelers - and an extra wedding ring, for the thumb - in Super Bowl XL. (Photo by Tom Chapin)

PUNXSUTAWNEY - The bride wore white, but the guests wore black and gold.

With the groom's uncle, Matt Taladay, playing the Steelers' fight song on acoustic guitar, Debby Schreckengost walked to her groom, Kirk Whitehouse, as the couple wed Sunday just two hours before Super Bowl XL, pitting her beloved Steelers against the Seahawks. “Her exact words were, ‘The next time the Steelers go to the Super Bowl, we'll get married,'” said Kirk, wearing a black tuxedo complete with a bow-tie and vest bearing Steelers helmets. “She's the biggest fan.”

The bridal party wore Steelers jerseys. The groomsmen wore Steelers jerseys. Ninety-nine percent of the friends, family and well-wishers who had gathered at the Moose Club along Route 436 wore Steelers jerseys.

The only person in the wedding who was not wearing a Steelers jersey was District Judge Douglas Chambers, although his yellow necktie complimented his black judicial robe. Continued.....

http://www.punxsutawneyspirit.com/articles/2006/02/06/news/news1.txt

No offence to anyone named Schrechengost, but it looks like Debby won in the new name department also.

At least not many other people will have that name at restaurants or at the PTA meeting ;)

I kind of know what you are saying, though. Kirk looks to be an easier name to live with and spell over the phone. I wonder how badly people butcher the name Schreckengost, though?

Gmommy said:
At least not many other people will have that name at restaurants or at the PTA meeting ;)

I kind of know what you are saying, though. Kirk looks to be an easier name to live with and spell over the phone. I wonder how badly people butcher the name Schreckengost, though?

That's what I was thinking. Some names folks just look at and don't have the foggiest how to pronounce it. lol

:rolleyes: Schreckengost and some variations is a very common name in this area.
At least any children won't have a problem learning to spell "Whitehouse" or they won't have to specify S"c"h or no "c". Variations are with and without the "c" and also the "ck" is sometimes just "k" or just "c."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back