1245 users online (216 members and 1029 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 123
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,356

    OK - Jones, WhtFem 255UFOK, 18-25, by river, dime embedded in body, Apr'80

    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/255ufok.html

    Unidentified white female
    Found on April 18, 1980, on a bank of the Canadian River near Jones, 20 miles NE of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma County, Oklahoma.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-21-2013 at 09:24 PM. Reason: updated link

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,077
    I wonder if she might be:

    Kristy Lynn Booth
    Missing since February 2, 1980 from Midland, Midland County, Texas.
    Classification: Endangered Missing
    Link:
    http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/704dftx.html

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    NE Oklahoma
    Posts
    58
    There seems to be a difference in the distinguishing marks of the two. Of course, I guess one could get a tattoo after they go missing! It's really hard to tell looking at Kristy's picture and that of the Jane Doe reconstruction.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,077

    Kristy's Link corrected...

    Quote Originally Posted by gingersnap
    There seems to be a difference in the distinguishing marks of the two. Of course, I guess one could get a tattoo after they go missing! It's really hard to tell looking at Kristy's picture and that of the Jane Doe reconstruction.
    The origional link that I provided was to a different case. I have corrected it and it should be good now.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,715

    reddish?

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    I wonder if she might be:

    Kristy Lynn Booth
    Missing since February 2, 1980 from Midland, Midland County, Texas.
    Classification: Endangered Missing
    Link:
    http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/704dftx.html
    Is it just me or does that hair look like it has a red tint to it? My wife also said it looks that way to her.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,356
    The Oklahoman
    October 31 1982

    ........white woman whose nude body was found April 18, 1980 on the East bank of the Canadian river near Jones.She was shot three times with a .45 caliber revolver.
    This victim is 19-21 years old, is about 5-foot-7 and weighs about 120 pounds.She had light reddish-brown hair and a fair complexion. She had a red and blue heart-shaped tattoo above her left breast...........

    As you can see, it pointed out in this article that her hair did have a reddish cast. There were three drawings of this woman on this page, two of which show her as having kinky-curly hair and one that looks like the doe-network drawing, I guess just trying to cover all bases?? Anyone who is interested can p.m me and I'll e-mail article.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,715

    thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow
    The Oklahoman
    October 31 1982

    ........white woman whose nude body was found April 18, 1980 on the East bank of the Canadian river near Jones.She was shot three times with a .45 caliber revolver.
    This victim is 19-21 years old, is about 5-foot-7 and weighs about 120 pounds.She had light reddish-brown hair and a fair complexion. She had a red and blue heart-shaped tattoo above her left breast...........

    As you can see, it pointed out in this article that her hair did have a reddish cast. There were three drawings of this woman on this page, two of which show her as having kinky-curly hair and one that looks like the doe-network drawing, I guess just trying to cover all bases?? Anyone who is interested can p.m me and I'll e-mail article.
    Thanks for clearing that up for me. Good work.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,356
    The Oklahoman
    April 19, 1982

    It was two years ago Sunday when a fisherman found her body, covered with lime, on the banks of the Canadian river near Jones.
    Oklahoma crime agents are still looking for the murdererof the young woman who was shot to death.Her nude body was left on the bank of the river where it was found April 18, 1980.
    Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation spokesman Paul Renfrow said Sunday the agency is again appealing to the public for any leads that might solve the mystery.
    Attempts at identification, including fingerprint comparisons, the circulation of a composite drawing of the victim, and a facial reconstruction made with modeling clay sculptured over the scull, have failed.
    Renfrow said the case is one of the few in which the agency has made such extensive yet unsuccessful efforts at identification.
    The woman is described as being 18-25 years old, weighing 118-120 pounds. She has shoulder-length medium to light brown hair with a fair complexion and freckles. Her most unusual identifying mark, however, is a small red and blue heart-shaped tattoo over the left breast........

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,356
    I can't tell whether or not Kristy Booth has freckles.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    NE Oklahoma
    Posts
    58
    It is really hard to tell if Kristy has freckles. At first glance it would seem so, but then as you study the picture it seems to look as though it is just the film/picture.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    NE Oklahoma
    Posts
    58
    http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/MPCH/mpdetails.asp?id='M10/16/20014:53:27PM'

    Just another link, it has the same pictures, but one picture shows a little more.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,356
    The Oklahoman
    May 2, 1980

    ...She was described as 18-25 years old, with a tall, slender build and shoulder-length brown hair, investigators said she had been shot three times and then covered up with a white powder believed to be lime. The woman had freckles on her face and upper torso......

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,356
    Another article from August 7th, 1980 states that she was shot three times in the chest. I keep thinking, they got rid of her clothes, personal items and covered her with lime. Like they were going really all out to destroy her identity. makes me think if she were identified, it would be obvious who the killer was.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,356
    Quote Originally Posted by gingersnap
    http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/MPCH/mpdetails.asp?id='M10/16/20014:53:27PM'

    Just another link, it has the same pictures, but one picture shows a little more.
    She really does look like the unidentified woman in the picture with the shorter hair. She seems rather fair complected also.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,077
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow
    Another article from August 7th, 1980 states that she was shot three times in the chest. I keep thinking, they got rid of her clothes, personal items and covered her with lime. Like they were going really all out to destroy her identity. makes me think if she were identified, it would be obvious who the killer was.
    Another very likely possibility is that she was transported there from another state to keep legal jurisdictions confused.

    White powdered (Hydrated) Lime is used to cover the smell of decomposition, and to speed up the process. Someone familiar with raising animals in pens might know about obtaining and using lime.

    One site described the type of weapon as a .45 Revolver. A 45 Caliber Revolver - as opposed to a .45 Automatic Pistol - is chambered for the .45 Long Colt rimmed cartridge. It was the most popular cartridge for the Model 1873 Single Action Army Colt revolver which was made from 1873 to 1942. This is the type of revolver seen in all the old Western Movies. It is the kind of revolver which must be hand cocked for each shot.

    Those origional Colt "Peacemakers" are highly collectable today. In the mid 1950's Colt began making limited editions of the Peacemaker - usually commemoratives or presentation models, and prices were always high for them. While the .45 Long Colt cartridge has always been available, it had long been eclipsed by other more modern calibers and cartridges (such as the .357 Magnum, and the .44 Magnum).

    A few other companies began making clones of the Peacemaker, among them: Ruger, Hawes, Dakota, etc. These other companies offered a variety of calibers for these pistols, among them the .45 Long Colt cartridge. There is a fairly recent upsurge in popularity of the .45 as well as many other cartridges and firearms of the "Old West". Cowboy shooters, dressed in authentic period clothing and armed with (mostly) replica revolvers, shotguns, and rifles of the Old West compete in a lot of matches today. As a result of that current popularity, many companies today make revolvers chambered for .45 Long Colt. But back in 1980, it would have been fairly rare for someone to be carrying that kind of weapon and using it to commit a crime.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-30-2017, 01:53 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-23-2017, 11:22 AM
  3. Identified! IN - Gary, WhtFem skeletal in sand dune, Aug'10 - Sylvia Jones
    By Cubby in forum Identified!
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 03-19-2016, 09:28 PM
  4. NY NY - NYC, WhtFem, 40-50, in East River at Kips Bay, Mar'15
    By moochopper in forum The Unidentified
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-13-2015, 01:21 PM

Tags for this Thread