1118 users online (178 members and 940 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 11 of 75 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 4SAM View Post
    Very strange, as son doesn't even list him as a father. Lists his mom and other family member. Also did you notice how he "likes" his own posts..?
    I did notice that. And the son never likes any of TM's posts. Either the son is never on FB or they are estranged IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by LaborDayRN View Post
    I'm thinking the same thing. It appears his grown son may life in CA. (according to Terry Miles FB page)
    I'm very familiar with the general area his son lives in. Lots of crime, lots of meth-heads in certain areas. Not implying anything about him or his family re drugs, just commenting because I think it's an easy area to get lost in, look kinda rough, etc.
    Last edited by kkdj; 01-02-2018 at 02:54 PM.
    IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    There have been sightings of them with him:

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/amber...dren/503887389
    I don't go by sightings as proof anymore. Not only did I learn that from here and other places that information like this can be wrong, but it can also be very misleading as well. Please know that I am not attacking you or your post- but I can't tell you how many cases where I've read "they were spotted at a gas station in Tinker's Cove, ME" only to find out once the case was solved, that this wasn't the case or folks simply called in similar cars with a man and two kids in it, thinking it was them.

The reason why I asked if there was absolute proof that he took them is because for all that we know, whoever did this to the mother might have killed him as well and took the kids. That's why I was asking if somebody- a neighbor, for instance, actually saw them get in the car with him before they took off, or if there is a video of them doing so.

I'm just skeptical due to other cases where well meaning folks reported seeing something similar and later on, it turned into a false lead. Thanks for your reply, though- much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by HIM_Darling View Post
    I don't think its "let" as in allow, but let as in if I told my bf I was moving in the another man he would end the relationship. Especially if the other man had a history of abuse, was a complete stranger and I had 2 young daughters. I'm pretty sure I would get told I can do what I want, but he would be no part of it. If the man was a friend or relative and had no violent past, and no children were in the picture I could see a bf being trusting, but all factors together just seems unusual.
    This is exactly what I was getting at, thanks Darling. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Steelslady View Post
    I don't go by sightings as proof anymore. Not only did I learn that from here and other places that information like this can be wrong, but it can also be very misleading as well. Please know that I am not attacking you or your post- but I can't tell you how many cases where I've read "they were spotted at a gas station in Tinker's Cove, ME" only to find out once the case was solved, that this wasn't the case or folks simply called in similar cars with a man and two kids in it, thinking it was them.

The reason why I asked if there was absolute proof that he took them is because for all that we know, whoever did this to the mother might have killed him as well and took the kids. That's why I was asking if somebody- a neighbor, for instance, actually saw them get in the car with him before they took off, or if there is a video of them doing so.

I'm just skeptical due to other cases where well meaning folks reported seeing something similar and later on, it turned into a false lead. Thanks for your reply, though- much appreciated.
    Sure, anything is possible, and eye witness sightings can be wrong, but there is a reason police issued the Amber Alert and believe the girls to be with him. We don't know what the sightings are based on-- did a license plate reader or HWY camera pick up the car? Was there a report of them in a store and cameras show a similar looking trio? Did someone report seeing 3 matching the descriptions? We don't know how specific or credible the sightings are. However, LE wouldn't name him as a suspect if they didn't believe he had taken them, JMO. It has been several days now-- if he was murdered elsewhere, why wouldn't he have been found by now? Whomever murdered the mother apparently did not take time to hide her body, so why would they take time to hide his? And if he is alive but elsewhere and not with the girls, he should have come forward by now to clear his name.

The latest reports say the girls are in "Extreme Danger":
    https://patch.com/colorado/across-co...ld-be-colorado

He got 2 years in San Bernadino County in 2002 inflict corporal injury on spouse/ cohabitant but got off on an associated rape charge.

http://www.sb-court.org/Divisions/Ci...ionOnline.aspx
    Go to linked page bottom and click on Accept criminal/traffic...

Note: Calcasieu Parsh, La. criminal records are a pay subscrption site. Pass.

Sure, anything is possible, and eye witness sightings can be wrong, but there is a reason police issued the Amber Alert and believe the girls to be with him. We don't know what the sightings are based on-- did a license plate reader or HWY camera pick up the car? Was there a report of them in a store and cameras show a similar looking trio? Did someone report seeing 3 matching the descriptions? We don't know how specific or credible the sightings are. However, LE wouldn't name him as a suspect if they didn't believe he had taken them, JMO. It has been several days now-- if he was murdered elsewhere, why wouldn't he have been found by now? Whomever murdered the mother apparently did not take time to hide her body, so why would they take time to hide his? And if he is alive but elsewhere and not with the girls, he should have come forward by now to clear his name.

So concerned about these girls! Does TM have any military background to know how to survive in the wilderness?
    IMO

Quote Originally Posted by watergirl62 View Post
    He got 2 years in San Bernadino County in 2002 inflict corporal injury on spouse/ cohabitant but got off on an associated rape charge.

San Bernardino county is the county his son was raised in and still resides.
    IMO

Quote Originally Posted by watergirl62 View Post

He couldn't see his own children!!!

From the court site

HEARING RE: REVIEW FCS REPORT CC CV
    10/18/2006 - 8:30 AM DEPT. V11

DAVID R PROULX PRESIDING
    CLERK: VICKY GAITAN
    REPORTER: VICTORIA VILLEGAS
    BAILIFF: P BUSH
    -
    APPEARANCES:
    PETITIONER SHERRY RAMSEY PRESENT
    PARTIES NOT PRESENT: TERRY MILES
    -
    PROCEEDINGS:
    STIP FOR APPOINTMENT OF COURT COMMISSIONER AS JUDGE PRO TEM FILED
    WRITTEN REPORT RECEIVED FROM FAMILY COURT SERVICES.
    WITNESS -- SHERRY RAMSEY IS SWORN AND EXAMINED.
    -
    THE COURT FINDS IT HAS JURISDICTION TO MAKE ORDERS REGARDING CHILD CUSTODY UNDER THE UNIFORM CHILD CUSTODY JURISDICTION AND ENFORCEMENT ACT.
    CUSTODY AND VISITATION ORDERED
    PURSUANT TO FAMILY CODE SECTION 3048, THE COURT HAS JURISDICTION TO MAKE ORDERS REGARDING CUSTODY UNDER THE FAMILY CODE AND THE UNIFORM CHILD CUSTODY JURISDICTION AND ENFORCEMENT ACT.
    NOTICE AND OPPORTUNITY TO BE HEARD WAS GIVEN TO THE PARTIES/RESPONDING PARTY AS PROVIDED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA.
    THE COUNTRY OF HABITUAL RESIDENCE OF THE CHILD/CHILDREN IS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
    SOLE PHYSICAL AND LEGAL CUSTODY OF THE MINOR CHILD/CHILDREN SHALL BE AWARDED TO SHERRY RAMSEY.
    THE NON-CUSTODIAL PARENT SHALL HAVE PHYSICAL CUSTODY AS FOLLOWS:
    THE COURT ORDERS THAT THE RESPONDANT FATHER SHALL HAVE NO VISITATION WITH THE MINOR CHILD/CHILDREN.

ACTION - COMPLETE
    === MINUTE ORDER END ===

Also he was last served by personal service in 2007. So, at most, he's only been out of the San Bernardino County area for 10 years. Do we know when he moved to Louisiana?
    Also, thru the DVRO he was drug tested per court order. Note also the restraining order has no expiration date.
    http://openaccess.sb-court.org/OpenA...etype=VFL&dsn=
    Last edited by kkdj; 01-02-2018 at 03:40 PM.
    IMO

With that picture they have Iím guessing one of the toll readers in Austin picked up the tag and gave them an idea of where he was headed initially. Houston has a bunch of tag readers too which made me think he was over here on his way to Louisiana but if theyíve been spotted in CO area maybe just the Austin reader. Could be just a recent shot of her vehicle too if she used the toll tags.

Itís weird that those records are pay, bored at work so Iím going to snoop around a bit.

Ugh. This just gets scarier.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Steelslady View Post

There was a case where a male babysitter was accused of abducting two children.
    He was pegged as a child molester immediately because he was babysitting.
    Oh he was vilified like you would not believe. Was a suspect.
    Someone else had taken all 3 and murdered them all and stolen the car.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ck+mac+girdner

NOT defending him just pointing it out.
    Last edited by MsFacetious; 01-02-2018 at 03:49 PM.

Confused.

WHY was he living with the victims?

She had a well paying job. She had been in nursing school, but looks like she flunked out. There's a crowd sourcing for money link that she started wanting money to hire an attorney to try to get her back into nursing school. She had a boyfriend who is not the same man they are looking for. If she needed money, why take a trip to NY? Doesn't add up.

Was this perp suppose to have moved out why she was in NY? She comes home, he's still there? How long had she known him? Was he related to her? I can see if you're helping family and letting them move in. With this man's history though, even if family, he ain't moving in with me.

Where's the father to the kids?

Not related really, but I was looking at each girl's name, WOW, imagine having to learn how to spell all that when you're in kindergarten!
    Fibromyalgia Fog at it's finest! Temporary loss of vocabulary may occur at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFacetious View Post
    There was a case where a male babysitter was accused of abducting two children.
    He was pegged as a child molester immediately because he was babysitting.
    Oh he was vilified like you would not believe. Was a suspect.
    Someone else had taken all 3 and murdered them all and stolen the car.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ck+mac+girdner

NOT defending him just pointing it out.
    Thank you for your well thought out and helpful post. Just like that case you posted the link to, we have seen similar cases where the obvious answer isn't the right one.

Also, by now, if TM or whoever has them is smart criminal, they may have already switched cars and changed their looks around a bit {wigs, colored their hair, different make up, etc}

Like you, I am not defending that sick creep, I was just wondering how we knew for a fact that he has the girls and not someone else. I can see why he's the main POI, but he might not be the only creep out there.
    Last edited by Steelslady; 01-02-2018 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Hope4 View Post
    Confused.

WHY was he living with the victims?

She had a well paying job. She had been in nursing school, but looks like she flunked out. There's a crowd sourcing for money link that she started wanting money to hire an attorney to try to get her back into nursing school. She had a boyfriend who is not the same man they are looking for. If she needed money, why take a trip to NY? Doesn't add up.

Was this perp suppose to have moved out why she was in NY? She comes home, he's still there? How long had she known him? Was he related to her? I can see if you're helping family and letting them move in. With this man's history though, even if family, he ain't moving in with me.

Where's the father to the kids?

Not related really, but I was looking at each girl's name, WOW, imagine having to learn how to spell all that when you're in kindergarten!
    Yep, it's kinda confusing. From the current known timeline, more at the link:

Saturday, Dec. 30, 2017 10:36 a.m.: Officers went to 2321 Leslie Court for a welfare check that was called in by Bates’ coworker. They didn’t find anything suspicious at the time and left.

Saturday, Dec. 30, 2017 8:30 p.m.: Bates’ boyfriend called the Round Rock Police Department worried because Bates’ wasn’t responding and neither were her two daughters. Officers went back to the home and once again didn’t find anything of suspicious nature. RRPD said there wasn’t a vehicle at the house and no one opened the door to the home.

Sunday, Dec. 31, 2017 noon: Last time the girls were seen in Round Rock.

http://kxan.com/2018/01/02/timeline-...mothers-death/

This article states Miles was only a roommate:

Banks added that from what authorities currently know, Mile was "just a roommate" to the girls' mother and there was "no relationship that we know of between him and Tonya."
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-death-n834051

From Tonya's FB it appears that she also had ties to Louisiana so maybe she knew Miles there? The house she lived in is a duplex and initially I thought maybe Miles rented the other half but that's not the case - LE clearly calls him her roommate. So what's the connection? And this:

“They asked me about her and the kids, and I didn’t know too much,” Reid said. “And then when I told them there was an actual man who lived there with them, I guess that’s when they had more police come in to look around and stuff.”

Several neighbors said the house had even more attention two weeks ago. “The complex people actually did come down here because they had a call come in for a domestic dispute, and they thought it was us,” Reid said. “I was like it’s not us, so I guess it was next door.”
    https://kxan.com/2018/01/01/neighbor...ock-abduction/

So there was a police call for a domestic dispute earlier. It does sound like Tonya was trying to get Miles to vacate the house - or maybe the other way around? In an article posted last night someone - maybe the neighbor - said Tonya moved into the house in August and the wording sounded like she moved in with Miles. I'm looking for that link so I can't confirm right now. Maybe someone recalls it too?

ETA: I found one reference. It looks like Tonya, the girls and Miles all moved in together.

KVUE spoke with next-door neighbors who said the girls, their mother and the man moved in about two months ago.

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/amber...dren/503887389
    Last edited by MsMarple; 01-02-2018 at 04:11 PM.

Page 11 of 75 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast