1181 users online (232 members and 949 guests)  

Websleuths News

Wife says, MIne Survivor Has Spoken

Wife of Mine Survivor Says He Has Spoken

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. - The lone survivor of the Sago Mine disaster has said a few words, and is interacting with family members through his eyes, sounds, movements and facial expressions, his wife said. Anna McCloy said her husband, Randal McCloy Jr., did not initially connect with relatives but now does so about a third of the time. "It's like he's in a fog and this fog has to disappear," she told USA Today for a story in Thursday's editions. "As it disappears little by little, more pieces of Randy come through."

McCloy, 26, was among 13 miners caught in a Jan. 2 explosion at Upshur County's Sago Mine. Officials have said one miner died in the blast and 11 others slowly died from carbon monoxide poisoning. Rescue workers carried McCloy out of the mine more than 41 hours after the explosion. He was treated for kidney, lung, liver and heart damage, and now undergoes two hours of physical therapy and one hour of speech therapy at daily a rehabilitation hospital. McCloy is showing progress, moving his limbs, tugging his hair and making "purposeful movements," said Dr. Russ Biundo, medical director of HealthSouth Mountain View, the rehabilitation hospital where McCloy is being treated.

http://tinyurl.com/9qjyg

Prayers for Randal. I hope he can recover from this and live a long happy life watching his children grow up.
    Some people can have all the lights on and still be in the dark. - Maxine
    Justice for Riley!

He spoke and said "Honey, quit suing my brother." JOKING!!!!
    Last edited by Jeana (DP); 02-09-2006 at 06:09 PM.

Bahahahahahahahaha!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    He spoke and said "Honey, quit suing my brother."

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    He spoke and said "Honey, quit suing my brother."
    too funny

I bet his wife about fainted when she heard him say that! It is too funny, but also too wonderful at the same time. It means his brain is tracking and retaining info and able to create a response that is meaningful. I think Randy is going to be just fine. It is the best news yet, except for the fact he lived.

He wrote a note to her too, telling her he loved her, didn't want her to mourn too long and that he wanted her to have a happy life. I bet most of the guys did this, and they probably talked about doing this together when they realized they were doomed and wouldn't make it out.

Scandi

Ahhhh?! That is what he really said? I thought it was just a joke...wow! ok but still funny...

Quote Originally Posted by scandi
    I bet his wife about fainted when she heard him say that! It is too funny, but also too wonderful at the same time. It means his brain is tracking and retaining info and able to create a response that is meaningful. I think Randy is going to be just fine. It is the best news yet, except for the fact he lived.

He wrote a note to her too, telling her he loved her, didn't want her to mourn too long and that he wanted her to have a happy life. I bet most of the guys did this, and they probably talked about doing this together when they realized they were doomed and wouldn't make it out.

Scandi

Quote Originally Posted by Mygirlsadie
    Ahhhh?! That is what he really said? I thought it was just a joke...wow! ok but still funny...
    No, I was just joking!!!

interesting article...

Fog lifts for Sago Mine survivor http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/200...gominesurvivor
    Freethought is a philosophy not a policy-
    "The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of my employer, not necessarily mine, and probably not necessary."