1007 users online (109 members and 898 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 1061
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Oregonmama View Post
    Perhaps social services is involved with DN's and his wife. If they are, those hearings are private and not open to the public
    Aw yes. Their children are in state custody and have been since September, when DN was arrested. KN visits them but does not have custody back. It appears that she visits them in a classroom type setting so I'm guessing it's where children in state custody are taken for visitation purposes. We have one in my area. It is always monitored but a comfortable setting for the children to visit. I believe she (KN) is living in a shelter. I don't know why she doesn't have her children with her at the shelter.
    IMO

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    5,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajmommy View Post
    Does anyone believe DN could be the killer? I don’t believe that . Arrest would have been made.

    MOO
    I'm surprised there hasn't been an arrest (of DN) in the murder of Tim Watkins in Colorado. I've never thought he was the Delphi killer but the TW murder looked much more promising. But, I keep thinking there should be a ballistics match or not, by now.

    Link to that thread, if anyone is interested:

    https://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...1#post13833771

    moo
    Last edited by Jax49; 01-02-2018 at 11:30 PM.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Eastern Kentucky
    Posts
    646
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajmommy View Post
    Does anyone believe DN could be the killer? I don’t believe that . Arrest would have been made.

    MOO
    Many people believe that DN is the killer-probably more people believe he is than he is not (at least on this board, SM is a different story). I don't think there's been enough information released to determine one way or the other-and that goes for ANY POI-but I, personally, haven't seen any "evidence" that makes me think DN was involved.
    Find Brooke
    AGE: 19 HEIGHT: 5'1" WEIGHT: 110 lbs
    * Disappeared from a friend's house in Berea, Kentucky in June, 2013
    * Last text to a friend stated "I'm scared"
    * No other clues have been uncovered
    https://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ea-22-Jun-2013

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    24
    I just canít believe DN is the killer. Something doesnít seem right .

    MOO

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Eastern Kentucky
    Posts
    646
    Quote Originally Posted by kkdj View Post
    Yes. I believe DN could be the killer.
    They (LE) won't arrest him or anybody else in any murder case until they have all their ducks in a row for a strong prosecution.
    This actually depends on the DA. LE often makes arrests in murder cases before all the evidence is gathered. The job of the DA is to prosecute; the job of LE is to enforce safety. They don't always coexist in a collaborative manner. If LE finds evidence linking someone to a murder and they believe that the public's safety is at further risk, they WILL make an arrest. All they need is strong evidence to link the person to the kill-it's later up to the prosecution to give that evidence a narrative and for the defense to argue it away. It's better if the evidence is sound, because without strong evidence the amount of time they can hold a person is limited, but that doesn't mean they won't act first if they consider the person a danger to the public.
    Find Brooke
    AGE: 19 HEIGHT: 5'1" WEIGHT: 110 lbs
    * Disappeared from a friend's house in Berea, Kentucky in June, 2013
    * Last text to a friend stated "I'm scared"
    * No other clues have been uncovered
    https://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ea-22-Jun-2013

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    24
    I personally thought the photo of DN and the original sketch were eerily similar.

    But I donít recall hearing anyone stating the voices were similar. The voice on recording sounded deeper, like an older man.

    MOO

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,967
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnlites View Post
    This actually depends on the DA. LE often makes arrests in murder cases before all the evidence is gathered. The job of the DA is to prosecute; the job of LE is to enforce safety. They don't always coexist in a collaborative manner. If LE finds evidence linking someone to a murder and they believe that the public's safety is at further risk, they WILL make an arrest. All they need is strong evidence to link the person to the kill-it's later up to the prosecution to give that evidence a narrative and for the defense to argue it away. It's better if the evidence is sound, because without strong evidence the amount of time they can hold a person is limited, but that doesn't mean they won't act first if they consider the person a danger to the public.

    This is true, of course. Common sense for public safety would prevail.
    IMO

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajmommy View Post
    I just can’t believe DN is the killer. Something doesn’t seem right .

    MOO
    What doesn't seem right? I'm always interested in hearing further when I see comments like this. Sometimes my gut tells me things before I can see it so I relate when you say something doesn't seem right.
    IMO

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by BIC View Post
    Nothing new about POIs, but a small article about Christmas, and still trying to get more tips.
    http://fox59.com/2017/12/25/delphi-f...t-their-girls/
    My heart breaks.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajmommy View Post
    I personally thought the photo of DN and the original sketch were eerily similar.

    But I don’t recall hearing anyone stating the voices were similar. The voice on recording sounded deeper, like an older man.

    MOO
    I just couldn't tell. But we sure haven't heard too much about that connection. I think one of his (DN) former employers thought it sounded like him tho.
    IMO


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    591
    While celebrating the holidays, all I could think about was Libby's and Abby's families.
    How in the world did they "celebrate"? I pray for justice - almost a year - and nothing?

    I hope everyone here has a "Happy New Year", and that justice is coming for these innocent girls.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    116
    Hi! New to this case and glad it's open for posting. Newbie observations/MOO:
    -BG size doesn't seem to match DN. DN appears much slighter to me
    --audio of DN doesn't sound like the audio of "Down the Hill"
    --lots and lots if RSOs in that region. Many with the same circle Mustache as the sketch
    --BG may have seen the girls' posts in SM that day, had a fake profile, etc. otherwise it's strange young girls wouldn't be in school (unless crime of opportunity led to this).
    --DN is a deviant but I am not 100% convinced he is responsible for AS/LG.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by kkdj View Post
    How long was she on there? Wonder if DN was in cahoots with KN with this little scam. Rob the rich?
    Yeah, I didn't want to go down the rabbit hole BUT, SINCE YOU'RE FORCING ME TO!! LOL.

    Yeah, when I came across this, all sorts of things popped into my mind. I mean, maybe she's under his control and was participating in some sorta twisted fantasy that went sideways. Maybe she setup the meeting or did the catfishing. Maybe it was a botched robbery. Maybe it involved drugs.

    It is sad and is unfortunate what people will do for someone that they're in love with and don't want to lose. Of someone they think they're in love with. We all know how crazy this world can be.

    I could be wrong about all of this. It's possible that she's has already thrown him under the bus with the hope of maybe getting some money but has worked a deal that will give her, her kids back.

    *********************
    Also, can anyone out there figure the RL news out. I don't remember what it was exactly called but be has a hearing coming up to reduce his sentence. What in the world is that? Is that normal? Who requested it? Could it be that he worked a deal to provide additional data to reduce his sentence? I just need someone to help me with this one. I'm no lawyer but I've never heard of anything like that. I can't imagine that he'd be sentenced to one thing, start his sentence and then a few months later be going to a hearing to adjust his sentence. Seems wild.
    **********************

    Aloha!!

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,967
    Quote Originally Posted by GMF3 View Post
    Yeah, I didn't want to go down the rabbit hole BUT, SINCE YOU'RE FORCING ME TO!! LOL.

    Yeah, when I came across this, all sorts of things popped into my mind. I mean, maybe she's under his control and was participating in some sorta twisted fantasy that went sideways. Maybe she setup the meeting or did the catfishing. Maybe it was a botched robbery. Maybe it involved drugs.

    It is sad and is unfortunate what people will do for someone that they're in love with and don't want to lose. Of someone they think they're in love with. We all know how crazy this world can be.

    I could be wrong about all of this. It's possible that she's has already thrown him under the bus with the hope of maybe getting some money but has worked a deal that will give her, her kids back.

    *********************
    Also, can anyone out there figure the RL news out. I don't remember what it was exactly called but be has a hearing coming up to reduce his sentence. What in the world is that? Is that normal? Who requested it? Could it be that he worked a deal to provide additional data to reduce his sentence? I just need someone to help me with this one. I'm no lawyer but I've never heard of anything like that. I can't imagine that he'd be sentenced to one thing, start his sentence and then a few months later be going to a hearing to adjust his sentence. Seems wild.
    **********************

    Aloha!!
    I know people can get out early for good behavior. Idk what's going on tho. Maybe he gave some info about the case in exchange for a reduced sentence? Do you know when the hearing is?
    Just looked it up re the IN laws. A person can ask for a sentence modification. A defendant may only make 1 modification request per year and a total of 2 modification requests during the entire sentence. Does that sound like what's going on?
    Last edited by kkdj; 01-03-2018 at 01:31 AM.
    IMO

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    5,065
    Quote Originally Posted by GMF3 View Post
    Also, can anyone out there figure the RL news out. I don't remember what it was exactly called but be has a hearing coming up to reduce his sentence. What in the world is that? Is that normal? Who requested it? Could it be that he worked a deal to provide additional data to reduce his sentence? I just need someone to help me with this one. I'm no lawyer but I've never heard of anything like that. I can't imagine that he'd be sentenced to one thing, start his sentence and then a few months later be going to a hearing to adjust his sentence. Seems wild.
    **********************

    Aloha!!
    Snipped for focus. IAMAL, but the request for modification of sentence seems normal. It was mentioned in the 4/13 order.

    . Upon the filing of a petition the Court may consider a modification of sentence to Community Corrections.
    RL's defense attorney filed on 9/20. The modification hearing is scheduled for 1/9/18.

    moo

Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Found Deceased IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #57
    By KayElJay in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1013
    Last Post: 05-10-2017, 10:55 AM
  2. Found Deceased IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #49
    By KayElJay in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1018
    Last Post: 04-14-2017, 11:58 PM
  3. Found Deceased IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #44
    By KayElJay in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1013
    Last Post: 04-04-2017, 10:15 PM
  4. Found Deceased IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #14
    By KayElJay in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1066
    Last Post: 02-27-2017, 07:38 PM

Tags for this Thread