IN - Elizabeth Bragg for causing injury to 4yo girl, Huntington County, 2005

shdbepaintin

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Just read this in my local paper, online.
Couldn't find that it had been mentioned here.
Stepmother sentenced for causing injury to 4-year-old girl

The Associated Press
February 7, 2006 12:33 PM

HUNTINGTON, IND. -- A judge sentenced a woman convicted of neglect to three years in prison for intentionally slamming on the brakes of a van and injuring her unbuckled stepdaughter.

Elizabeth A. Bragg, 23, of Huntington, pleaded guilty earlier to a charge of neglect of a dependent, while a battery charge was dropped as part of the agreement with prosecutors.

Bragg on Aug. 8 was driving her two stepdaughters and three nieces to visit her husband in Ohio. Prosecutors said she became upset with her 4-year-old stepdaughter because she had fallen asleep.

She told one of the other children to unbuckle the girl's seat belt, prosecutors said. She told everyone else to hang on, sped up, then slammed on the brakes, prosecutors said. The girl struck her head on the back of a seat.

Huntington County Chief Deputy Prosecutor Amy Richison said the girl fell asleep because she had been kept up all night standing in a corner for punishment. As part of that punishment, the girl was told not to sleep during the drive, Richison said during the sentencing hearing Monday in Huntington Circuit Court.
more at:
http://www2.indystar.com/articles/8/243143-2628-127.html

What a witch!!!:mad: My heart aches for the poor 4-year-old girl who had to endure her as a stepmother. That was cruel, the girl could have been severely head-injured or killed as a result of that woman's actions!!!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

LinasK said:
What a witch!!!:mad: My heart aches for the poor 4-year-old girl who had to endure her as a stepmother. That was cruel, the girl could have been severely head-injured or killed as a result of that woman's actions!!!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
She was sentenced to three years and is already on probation? Something is wrong here.

Was it three years suspended, or are they already setting up the terms of probation for after she is released?

Hope the children are placed with family members who will love them. What a loser b... this woman is.

Unbelievable! She asked the other girls to undo the buckle and intentionally threw this child across the car. She is lucky the girl wasn't killed. Three years is not enough for this horrid woman. I am glad that none of those children are hers.

They also need to make sure from now on that all the visits to the father's house are supervised. The article said the child had bruises on her from a belt! Where the h@ll is the father? This is so disgusting! She should have gotten at least 10 years because in my mind...this is attempted murder. She could have thrown that child out of the windshield or broken her neck. What a total WITCH! Making a child stand in the corner all night is child abuse.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back