Attacks Foiled on West Coast-More Info Today

IdahoMom

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'll update this story after the speech.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/02/09/D8FLLGU80.html

snip

The president will speak this morning at 9:55 a.m. ET at the National Guard Memorial Building in Washington.

In an address last October, Bush said the United States and its allies had foiled at least 10 serious plots by the al-Qaida terror network in the last four years, including plans for Sept. 11-like attacks on both U.S. coasts.

The White House initially would not give details of the plots but later released a fact sheet with a brief, and vague, description of each.

Three targets cited were in the United States, including plans to use hijacked airplanes to attack the West Coast in mid-2002 and the East Coast in mid-2003. The White House said at least one planner of the West Coast attack was a key figure behind the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon on Sept. 11, 2001. The Washington Post has reported that the West Coast plot targeted the tallest building in Los Angeles, since renamed the US Bank Tower, and involved Malaysian militants and Khalid Sheik Mohammed, the mastermind of the Sept. 11 attacks, who was captured in

Thanks, IM, for posting that. Waiting to hear more! I'm not the least bit surprised. Not at all.

I'm glad the government is making this public. Too many people forget the events of 9/11, we can never forget so many want to kill us.

But I am a Democrat damn it......the attacks should have been allowed to happen because the rights of Americans were being trampled on and they were prevented by illegal wire taps. What? Neither the people caught or the people calling weren't Americans by birth or conversion? Well, damn it don't both me with such trivial details. I demand that those buildings targeted to be destroyed in the busted up terror polts be filled up with people and a plane flown into them. These Americans who were spied on deserve relief under the law so those buildings must go and the people in them must die. Again, don't bother me with that non-Amrerican bull....they were here. I am initiating a lawsuit partnered with by the ACLU to destroy the buildings mentioned and every person who would have been at work in these buildings at the time of the intended attack will be executed. However, since I am against the death penalty in the US, we will hand these people over to Al Zarqawi to have their heads sawed off. It's my version of a win-win situation.

Great logic.

Cal

If people are looking at the way that many Muslims are acting over a cartoon right now, calling for beheadings and now wanting to murder Americans (what the hell did we do this time?).... then they should not at all be shocked at what these maniacs are capable of doing or desire to do. And, whomever leaked our listening in on terrorist phone calls should really be ashamed of themselves. Tell all of the terrorists our plans to foil them, why don't we?

I think that the terrorists will stop at nothing to kill. Their God promises them riches and a better life after this one. What kind of God does that other than one I've heard of named Satan? Worship him and you'll get whatever you want. But you must kill and hate and do all sorts of evil. That's the devil's work.

I find it amazing that it was ok to some in the government to read Michael Brown's emails and show them to the public about how he was more worried about what he was wearing than supposedly cleaning up things with FEMA after Hurricane Katrina, a natural disaster. That was ok, because he was supposed to be working on a natural disaster.

YET, here are some working with Bush - a man who isn't perfect but is at least trying to do something to work on a natual disaster called "terrorism" - to listen in on suspected, overseas and on American soil telephone conversations. And we're more worried about the terrorists' rights than Michael Brown's!

I am no Michael Brown fan and perhaps that was a lame comparison, but I just see a double edged sword here.

Some things are ok, but others are not depending on whether or not you do or do not like the person being attacked, e.g. Michael Brown, George, Bush, etc.

Anyway ... I am watching Fox News right now and this is all very interesting.
I think it's pretty neat that we kept this quiet for so long so as not to brag about it or scare people, yet we have to hear arguing every single day on the news between parties about this whole wire taping issue.

I don't know about you, but man I hope my tax dollars are being utilized on something more than televising the political b*tching back and forth. Is that all they do everyday? LOL
Damn, I hope they get some work done. Republicans and Democrats alike are always on TV b*tching, fighting. Are they working? Can they get along at all?
LOL.

On a better note, at least a top terrorist operative has been apprehended by an unnamed nation AND Neil Entwistle has been arrested :clap:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,184324,00.html

SNIP

...The Washington Post has reported that the West Coast plot targeted the tallest building in Los Angeles, since renamed the US Bank Tower, and involved Malaysian militants and Khalid Sheik Mohammed, the mastermind of the Sept. 11 attacks, who was captured in 2003.....

I guess they planned to use the Malaysian militants so they could catch authorities off guard. They want to use people that do not look Middle Eastern. I have read before they have recruited Russians, too.

You know the real shame is that Bin Laden and Zarqawi and Omzabombza budsza muhammed over there plotting against us must just be sitting back laughing at us. They gotta be thinking "I am plotting with sleepers in America and the Democrats are fighting the President over listening to our calls. It is going to be a good year".

I think we need to play a game of who said it. I will pull all of Osama bin laden's tapes, Zarqawi, Zwahiri's speeches and then edit out pieces of it. Then you gotta tell me who said it....Ted drown em all Kennedy, Nancy Pelosi, Jimmy Carter, or the terrorists. It should be eye opening. Now Osama is quoting and elluding to the anti-war sentiment in his messages. That's telling.

Cal

Well, Bush is staying on task as best he can.

He is being undermined left and right by the very people that will cry "Why didn't you do more" if/when their cities are hit or loved ones killed.

It is a matter of time before some sleeper cell slips through the cracks and it will be 9/11 all over again....imo, of course.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/02/09/D8FLMIE86.html

SNIP

According to Bush, Mohammed recruited volunteers from Southeast Asia to hijack a plane using a shoe bomb. The target was the US Bank Tower, then known as Library Tower.

Bush said the plot was broken up after a raid by a Southeast Asian country he didn't name.

The raid is one of many reasons al-Qaida is badly "weakened" and "fractured," Bush said.

Bush has referred to the plot before, but he provided more specifics details Thursday. In an address last October, Bush said the United States and its allies had foiled at least 10 serious plots by the al-Qaida terror network in the last four years, including plans for Sept. 11-like attacks on both U.S. coasts.

This is simply Bush is trying to make a commotion to justify his need to wiretap at his discretion, and circumvent the law which was put in place to prevent illegal wiretapping, and unbridled authority by the presidential office.

Why publicize the accomplishments of the FBI, and CIA, with respect to terrorism. Why notify the terrorists as to how much we know?? Doesn't this compromise the effectivenesss of the FBI, and CIA, in combatting terrorism?? I thought FBI, and CIA, operations, were mean't to be kept SECRET. Oh that's right, they are to remain SECRET, only if they can't be used by the President, for PR.

Bush is creating his own laws, and overstepping the authority of the office.

So much for the checks, and balances.

Buzzm1 said:
This is simply Bush is trying to make a commotion to justify his need to wiretap at his discretion, and circumvent the law which was put in place to prevent illegal wiretapping, and unbridled authority by the presidential office.

Why publicize the accomplishments of the FBI, and CIA, with respect to terrorism. Why notify the terrorists as to how much we know?? Doesn't this compromise the effectivenesss of the FBI, and CIA, in combatting terrorism?? I thought FBI, and CIA, operations, were mean't to be kept SECRET. Oh that's right, they are to remain SECRET, only if they can't be used by the President, for PR.

Bush is creating his own laws, and overstepping the authority of the office.
Oh, ok ... lol.
I guess everyone of the Democrats are going to come out today and say "he's lying"? There were no terrorist attacks :rolleyes:
Haa haa. I'll be waiting ...

He has to now answer for why he was wire tapping. Is not that obvious?
But anyone in the country who hates him is not going to buy it.

Come election time, who will people want in the oval office?

A republican who takes national security seriously
or a wimpy democrat who exposes all our plans to terrorists of what we plan to do to catch them?
Do the democrats even have a plan for national security?
What is it? I'd like to know.

PS ... He is not creating his own laws. The President has the authority to authorize changes in the event of an emergency to speed things along. That comes with the job title.

PrayersForMaura said:
Oh, ok ... lol.
I guess everyone of the Democrats are going to come out today and say "he's lying"? There were no terrorist attacks :rolleyes:
Haa haa. I'll be waiting ...

He has to now answer for why he was wire tapping. Is not that obvious?
But anyone in the country who hates him is not going to buy it.

Come election time, who will people want in the oval office?

A republican who takes national security seriously
or a wimpy democrat who exposes all our plans to terrorists of what we plan to do to catch them?
Do the democrats even have a plan for national security?
What is it? I'd like to know.
I think you are missing the point.

Buzzm1 said:
I think you are missing the point.
Ok, then. Can you please clarify your point, because I didn't see one other than Bush bashing.

The point is that the real crime is someone listening to the phone calls of terrorists! Forget death, pandamonium, and economic ruin.....the information was obtained by listening to wire taps....OMG

Cal

PrayersForMaura said:
And, whomever leaked our listening in on terrorist phone calls should really be ashamed of themselves. Tell all of the terrorists our plans to foil them, why don't we?

I agree. There are some things I think should be kept Top Secret. A former Navy "high up" that I know made a statement to me about the wiretap issue - he said there ARE some things that the government (now and in the past, not just current administration) would want and need to keep from Congress, that there are certain details that Congress really has no need to know about, for national security purposes. That there are some details that should not be included in a search warrant. IMO, that's probably true. We, the people, do not need to know every little bit of information. And in the wrong hands, can do more harm than good. JMHO.

Kinda reminds me of the hours and days after 9/11 - the "where's the President and VP now?" Some had this 24/7 mentality of demanding to know. Ya know what, I, as "joe citizen" really didn't NEED to know that - I need to be more concerned that wherever they are, they're doing whatever they need to do to keep us safe and secure, and hunt the bad guys down.... JMHO. I don't want the bad guys to know too many details of who does what and where after such a tragedy. They aren't dumb.

I also don't expect a President (any President) to have to tell EVERYTHING to the media and/or the public. It should be who has a need to know the top, utmost, sensitive information. And the way the leaks go, I hate to see such sensitive information leaked. That bothers me. And that rings true for both parties.

Dang, I'm probably going to get blasted for that, but it is my opinion (for now, LOL!)

calus_3 said:
The point is that the real crime is someone listening to the phone calls of terrorists! Forget death, pandamonium, and economic ruin.....the information was obtained by listening to wire taps....OMG

Cal

Don't forget that other real crime......taking pictures of them as prisoners in embarassing situations. Forget that they are beheading people left and right.

DEPUTYDAWG said:
I agree. There are some things I think should be kept Top Secret. A former Navy "high up" that I know made a statement to me about the wiretap issue - he said there ARE some things that the government (now and in the past, not just current administration) would want and need to keep from Congress, that there are certain details that Congress really has no need to know about, for national security purposes. That there are some details that should not be included in a search warrant. IMO, that's probably true. We, the people, do not need to know every little bit of information. And in the wrong hands, can do more harm than good. JMHO.

Kinda reminds me of the hours and days after 9/11 - the "where's the President and VP now?" Some had this 24/7 mentality of demanding to know. Ya know what, I, as "joe citizen" really didn't NEED to know that - I need to be more concerned that wherever they are, they're doing whatever they need to do to keep us safe and secure, and hunt the bad guys down.... JMHO. I don't want the bad guys to know too many details of who does what and where after such a tragedy. They aren't dumb.

I also don't expect a President (any President) to have to tell EVERYTHING to the media and/or the public. It should be who has a need to know the top, utmost, sensitive information. And the way the leaks go, I hate to see such sensitive information leaked. That bothers me. And that rings true for both parties.

Dang, I'm probably going to get blasted for that, but it is my opinion (for now, LOL!)
I won't blast you! :)
I agree! ;)

Yeah, if this is a big judicial issue, why didn't all of government just keep it ALL underwraps including the wiretaps and fight it out amongst themselves in court. What can I do about it now? Be pissed?
They people who are making a huge issue of this in Congress (and they know who they are) are attempting to again divide the public and make themselves look good. Only now that the truth comes out - and it has to to justify what was done - they have egg on their face. It will be nothing but a bunch of back pedaling.

ALL of this information did not need to be released to us at all, really. It should've been kept secret so that the terrorists couldn't get their hands on it. But it's all over the Internet now and anyone can read about how divided we look as a nation. What BETTER of a time to make an attack than NOW that our attention has shifted and our nation is divided? :banghead:

These terrorists HATE us. They will not stop until they kill more of us.
I don't want any more of my fellow Americans killed, regardless of what party they may be a part of. And as long as the people elected are keeping us safe, I don't need to know what they do 24 hours a day including the times they decided to take a dump. I'd prefer they keep all that to themselves.

Lesleegp said:
Don't forget that other real crime......taking pictures of them as prisoners in embarassing situations. Forget that they are beheading people left and right.

I used to work with the brother of Mr. Bigley (I can't remember the slain man's first name, but I remember my co-worker's name), who was beheaded in November or December, 2004, I believe. He was one of the U.K. workers beheaded. I have noooo sympathy for those terrorists' plights. You're right, Lesleegp, how dare we take photos of prisoners. They're such law-abiding characters, aren't they? Worried so much about the fate of their fellow man. :razz:

PrayersForMaura said:
I won't blast you! :)
I agree! ;)

Yeah, if this is a big judicial issue, why didn't all of government just keep it ALL underwraps including the wiretaps and fight it out amongst themselves in court. What can I do about it now? Be pissed?
They people who are making a huge issue of this in Congress (and they know who they are) are attempting to again divide the public and make themselves look good. Only now that the truth comes out - and it has to to justify what was done - they have egg on their face. It will be nothing but a bunch of back pedaling.

ALL of this information did not need to be released to us at all, really. It should've been kept secret so that the terrorists couldn't get their hands on it. But it's all over the Internet now and anyone can read about how divided we look as a nation. What BETTER of a time to make an attack than NOW that our attention has shifted and our nation is divided? :banghead:

These terrorists HATE us. They will not stop until they kill more of us.
I don't want any more of my fellow Americans killed, regardless of what party they may be a part of. And as long as the people elected are keeping us safe, I don't need to know what they do 24 hours a day including the times they decided to take a dump. I'd prefer they keep all that to themselves.

Yay! That makes 2 of us, that's a start, LOL! :woohoo:

calus_3 said:

Cal
Which wiretaps were involved in exposing the plots?? Legal, or illegal??? These are plots from three years ago. Perhaps Bush will divulge that information.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752
Back