831 users online (172 members and 659 guests)  

Websleuths News

CA - Identity thief who stole name of kidnapped child gets prison

OAKLAND, Calif. This identity thief probably wishes he had picked somebody else's name to steal.

Behzad Mofrad will serve time in prison after pleading guilty in November to passport fraud.

Mofrad admitted to taking the name of Kevin Andrew Collins -- a name he found on an online directory of missing children. Investigators say the 40-year-old East Bay used the name to try to establish a bogus identity.
    Mofrad didn't make a connection with Kevin Collins, but it did with some other people.

More: http://www.kesq.com/Global/story.asp?S=4483947
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

"A State Department clerk remembered the name when Mofrad used it to apply for a passport."

From your link above.

This is another example of an individual who was alert while doing their job!
    Hopefully this will be a big red flag and all agent will be watching for this con.

I looked Collin's case up on Charleyproject. Today is the 22nd anniversary of his disappearance.