OK OK - Charlotte Kinsey 13 & Cinda Pallett 13, Oklahoma City, 26 Sep 1981

Richard

Reaction score
Charlotte June Kinsey
Missing since September 26, 1981 from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma County, Oklahoma.
Classification: Non Family Abduction
Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: September 10, 1968
Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0; 100 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Shoulder lenght blonde hair; blue / grey eyes.
Marks, Scars: Kinsey has a small dot-shaped scar below her left eye. Her ears are pierced.
Dentals: Silver caps on lower front teeth. Dental X-rays not available.
Clothing: Maroon blouse with white strips, blue jeans, tennis shoes.

-----------------------------------------------------
Cinda Leann Pallett
Missing since September 26, 1981 from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma County, Oklahoma.
Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: May 13, 1968
Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0; 88 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Shoulder-length brown hair; brown eyes.
Marks, Scars: Pallett has a small scar below her left eyebrow. Healed collar bone.
Dentals: She wore a retainer behind her lower front teeth at the time of her disappearance. Dental X-rays Available.
Clothing: White jersey t-shirt with dark blue sleeves and ZZ Top on front and 81 on the back, jeans and Nike sneakers.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance

Charlotte June Kinsey, was last seen at the Oklahoma State Fairgrounds on September 26, 1981. She was accompanied by her friend, Cinda Leann Pallett. Kinsey called home to tell her family that she had secured a job helping a carnival worker unload stuffed animals. Neither Kinsey nor Pallett has ever been seen or heard from again. Foul play is suspected in both disappearances.

Three years and 11 months after they disappeared from the State Fair, Wyoming truck driver Royal Russell Long entered the state to be tried on murder and kidnapping charges. He was reportedly seen with the two girls when they disappeared. Long had been in Oklahoma City when the girls vanished, and two boys were positive he was the one who offered the girls jobs unloading stuffed animals. What's more, the former cross-country truck driver had a history of sexual violence toward young girls.

Police traced the Pontiac Grand Prix Long had rented in Oklahoma City, to a car lot in El Paso, Texas. The former rental car's make and model were significant Pallett and Kinsey were last seen driving away with a bearded man in a Pontiac Grand Prix.
It was in the car trunk that police found circumstantial, scientific evidence that became the foundation too the prosecution's case. There 13 scalp hairs were found. A police forensic chemist matched them with the hair of Pallett. Animal hairs found in the trunk matched those belonging to three dogs and a cat she played with.
A lock of hair found in Long's Wyoming trailer house could have come from Kensey, the chemist determined.

Three separate tests showed the car trunk mat once was bloody, according to expert testimony. The judge dismissed the kidnapping and murder charges because he found no evidence the girls were confined or that they were taken for the purpose of sex.

Long is still considered the prime suspect in their disappearance.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Kinsey's whereabouts, please contact:
Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigations 405-848-6724 or 405-427-5421
Or
Oklahoma City Police Department 405-297-1288
All information may be submitted on an anonymous basis.

Agency Case Number: 812730035 (Charlotte)
Agency Case Number: 812730034 (Cinda)
NCIC Number: M-075513330
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
California Department of Justice
The Doe Network: Case File 174DFOK

Link:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/174dfok.html

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/175dfok.html

Also, two other girls went missing that were at least headed to the Oklahoma State Fair three days after Cinda and Charlotte disappeared. Sheryl Vaughn, 16, Of Newalla, Oklahoma, and Susan Thompson, 16, of McCloud, left home for the fair on September 29, and promptly vanished. Their car was found on Interstate 40, east of town keys still in the ignition. I've never found any further information on these two girls.

http://www.geocities.com/verbal_plainfield/coldcases/oklahomacity.html

Hollow said:
Also, two other girls went missing that were at least headed to the Oklahoma State Fair three days after Cinda and Charlotte disappeared.On Sheryl Vaughn, 16, Of Newalla, Oklahoma, and Susan Thompson, 16, of McCloud, left home for the fair on September 29, and promptly vanished. Their car was found on Interstate 40, east of town keys still in the ignition. I've never found any further information on these two girls.

http://www.geocities.com/verbal_plainfield/coldcases/oklahomacity.html
Coincidentally enough another girl was headed to the State fair in 1992 by the name of Tonya Thompson, she too vanished. I also can't find any info about her.

26 September 2006 will mark the 25th Anniversary of the disappearance of Charlotte and Cinda. Remembering them...

At least the suspect is dead so he cannot harm any more girls. Seems to me there should have been enough evidence to try him for murder and kidnapping.

At least the suspect is dead so he cannot harm any more girls. Seems to me there should have been enough evidence to try him for murder and kidnapping.

One would think. But there may be more to the story. For instance, this guy operated in a number of different states, and there may have been jusisdictional issues or conflicting/competing district attorneys.

I have seen many times when a case is "closed" because law enforcement is sure that the perpetrator is jailed elsewhere and/or facing serious charges for other crimes.

Evidence rules might not have been met exactly, or there may have been problems with procedures and chain of custody.

How many other serial killers are currently locked away and awaiting release or parole, simply because they cannot be connected with other crimes that they have committed?

I have seen many times when a case is "closed" because law enforcement is sure that the perpetrator is jailed elsewhere and/or facing serious charges for other crimes.

Quite so. There's little point in prosecuting someone who's on death row or serving life without parole in another state. Randy Woodfield, the I-5 killer, was doing life without parole in Oregon, I think, when they tied him to some murders in California, but he was never charged with those killings because he was already doing LWOP in Oregon. Even the families of the victims agreed that it would be a waste of valuable time and resources.

This is a case which involved the disappearance of two young girls. Their photos appear often in articles or websites covering unsolved abductions. There have been no posts to this thread for quite a while.

Bump again.

This month will mark 29 years that Charlotte and Cinda have been missing. Come home soon.

Last September marked the 30 year anniversary of this double disappearance. Has anyone seen any recent articles about the case?

And where is Royal Russell Long and what is he up to these days?

:Welcome1:Welcome to Websleuths Cartersmina!

I am sorry for you loss of your sister. I saw you commented on the UID thread about the UID girl found in TN. I did notice that your sister wasn't on the rule out list in NamUs for the UID. The UID has mitochondrial DNA on file, which is: The biological mother should be profiled using mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA)typing • A match between mtDNA profiles will indicate a possible link betweenan unidentified person (UP) and the mother/maternal relative of the MP.
https://identifyus.org/cases/1577 I also saw that your sister profile in NamUS says that DNA tests are complete. Here is her NamUs link in case you didn't know about it. https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/6264/0/

It also says in the Charlotte's NamUs profile that her dentals are entered. Maybe you could contact the person at NamUs and see what they have on file since it has been reported that she had silver caps on her lower front teeth.

I hope you and your family get some closure so you can lay Charlotte to rest.

It has been at least 6 weeks since I called about 2 UI found in TN. I copied a portion of the email I got back below. I see a lot of family resemblance to the Campbell County UI facial reconstruction. I hope to find out something soon.

The DNA excluded Cheatham County, so the remains CANNOT be your sister. They were having trouble finding the information for our Campbell County case. So she has not been compared yet.

It has been at least 6 weeks since I called about 2 UI found in TN. I copied a portion of the email I got back below. I see a lot of family resemblance to the Campbell County UI facial reconstruction. I hope to find out something soon.

The DNA excluded Cheatham County, so the remains CANNOT be your sister. They were having trouble finding the information for our Campbell County case. So she has not been compared yet.

I am glad they got back to you. It can never hurt to call them again. I have seen that some Law Enforcement and people in charge of cases either are very helpful, or could give a care less. If you don't get an answer back, I would try a few other people. I found this article over on the Campbell County's UID thread. http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/jul/16/skeletal-mystery/

Authorities have DNA and dental records on file. Anyone with information as to the identity of the girl is urged to call 1-800-TBI-FIND.

Maybe you can get some information from them if you didn't go this route yet.

I ask about 2 UI when I called in. I'm a little confused as to how one was ruled out in a day and this one has taken weeks and we still know nothing. I also dont understand why she wasnt ruled out in 2008 when a member sent her name in as a possible match. Hope to hear something soon. Below is a portion of the I got in response to my request.

I contacted the lab at University of North Texas that houses the national DNA database. I asked him to compare your family DNA sample to our unidentified remains from Cheatham County as well as Campbell County. The DNA excluded Cheatham County, so the remains CANNOT be your sister. They were having trouble finding the information for our Campbell County case. So she has not been compared yet.

Maybe try this number 1-800-TBI-FIND. It says in the article from 2008 that they have the Campbell County's UID dentals and DNA on file...

Do you happen to know who your sister's dentist was? I know having dental records from over 30 years ago is a long shot, but it's worth a try...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back