1095 users online (256 members and 839 guests)  

Websleuths News

NJ - Robert Reldan-serial killer/poet

Has anyone heard of Robert Reldan? In 1974 and 1975 he murdered eight girls. He liked to pick them up in pairs. I found that unusual. He is now in prison in Trenton NJ and has had his poetry published.

Where was he from? Could he be a suspect in a case such as the Lyon sisters? The pair of them disappeared in 1975 from Maryland.

He was from North Jersey. I can't find a whole lot of information on him. Makes me wonder abouth the Lyon sisters too.

Lyon Sisters...

Quote Originally Posted by mere
    He was from North Jersey. I can't find a whole lot of information on him. Makes me wonder abouth the Lyon sisters too.
    He is included on the Suspects/Persons of Interest topic of the Lyon Sisters Thread in the Featured Cases Section.

Regarding this guy, the write up in the link is somewhat contracictory. It tells of him having been suspected of these double abductions and murders between 1974 and 1975, yet it also states that he was in prison from sometime in the early 1970's until his Parole in May 1975. If he was actually in prison until that time, then it would tend to rule him out of some of the NJ double abductions and out of the Lyon Case (March 1975). Besides, his known/believed victims were older than the Lyon sisters.

I do not believe that he was actually convicted of any of those "double abductions/murders.

I would like to hear more about him, although I think I might pass on his poetry. What would he write about anyway? "My Best Friend - My Knife"?

Serial Killer Reldan now a millionaire...

But for how long? Victims are suing...

... Robert Reldan has come into a fortune while serving a life sentence for multiple homicides and other crimes.

Reldan is the lifetime beneficiary of an $8.9 million trust set up under the will of his late multimillionaire aunt, Lillian Garis Booth of Alpine, N.J. -- who, ironically, he once tried to have killed.....

Source:

Serial Killer receives Booth inheritance - DailyStrength

LINK:

http://www.dailystrength.org/groups/...sages/10693997