Identified! CA - Sacramento, BlkFem 328UFCA, 16-30, burned in dumpster, Jun'01 - Parrean Gray

PonderingThings

Former member
Reaction score
http://doenetwork.org/cases/328ufca.html

More photos at link

Unidentified Female

* The victim was discovered on June 29, 2001 in an industrial area off 18th Avenue and Power Inn Road in Sacramento, California.
* Cause of death is from a fire. Remains were badly burned.

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 16-25 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5’0" - 5'6"
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Undertermined race due to damage from fire. Thin to average build. The victim has had a broken nose in the past.
* Dentals: The victim had no dental cavities and her teeth were very well cared for. All teeth have had plastic sealants applied. She had porcelain caps on her teeth- The victim is missing all of the first bicuspids, #5, #12, #21, and #28. She has had orthodontics or preparation for orthodontics and all four of her wisdom teeth are present. The lower wisdom teeth are not fully erupted.
* Clothing: Victim may have been wearing "Structure" brand jeans or jean jacket.
* Other: DNA available

Case History
The victim was found in a burning trash dumpster on June 29, 2001 in Sacramento, California. The victim's hair color and style along with her eye color are unknown. Viewers of the reconstruction are asked to concentrate on the teeth which are real and very well cared for.
**Note: Photo of teeth at link.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/e/evans_angelina.html

evans_angelina.jpg

Angelina Joy Evans

Above Images: Evans, circa 2001

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
# Missing Since: May 21, 2001 from Sacramento, California
# Classification: Endangered Missing
# Date Of Birth: January 2, 1975
# Age: 26
# Height and Weight: 5'10; 108 lbs
# Distinguishing Characteristics: Reddish blonde hair; green eyes. Evans has a tattoo of the name "Chino" on her left ring finger. She also has the name "Elayna" tattooed on her right ankle.
# Medical Conditions: Evans was eight months pregnant at the time of her May 2001 disappearance. Her due date was sometime during June 2001. Evans may have been depressed at the time of her disappearance.

Details of Disappearance
Evans was last seen at approximately 12:30 a.m. on May 21, 2001 in Sacramento, California on May 21, 2001. She was in the vicinity of Fruitridge Road and Stockton Boulevard at the time of her disappearance. Witnesses saw Evans get into a pickup truck painted black with primer. Evans was wearing a black leather jacket, black bellbottom pants, and sandals at the time. Evans' family members told authorities that it is uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning.

A baby was abandoned shortly after Evans was reported missing, leading to speculation that she was the child's mother. That theory has never been confirmed.

Evans's family says she was associating with a rough crowd at the time of her disappearance. She is a Hiram Johnson High School dropout who left behind five children when she disappeared. Police say Evans was on welfare and worked as a prostitute. She was living in a motel on Stockton Boulevard at the time of her disappearance. Some agencies may list "May 22, 2001" as the date of Evans' disappearance.

Possible Match?:

1. There is a strong resemblence between the reconstruction of Jane Doe and the photo of Angelina.
2. The age estimate is 16-25. Angelina was 26 when she disappeared.
3. Angelina is listed as weighing only 108 lbs- even though she was 8 months pregnant with her 6th child??? Jane Doe was thin to average build.
4. Angelina disappeared May 21st or 22nd, 2001. Jane Doe was found one month later in June 2001. Could she have had her baby in this time and it is indeed the abandoned child?
5. Jane Doe is estimated to be 5'-5'6", Angelina is listed as 5'10" <<discrepancy
6. Jane Doe was found in Sacramento, and Angelina disappeared from Sacramento.

Because both Jane Doe and Angelina are Sacramento cases, it is assumed that they have check out the possibility before and this is NOT a match... however the reconstruction looked so much like Angelina I had to post it.

bumping this thread. Someone knows this girl. I'm going to go through all the TX women missing in that timeframe and see if I come up with anything.

What do you think?

http://doenetwork.org/cases/328ufca.html

The Doe Network: Case File 328UFCA
Unidentified White Female
The victim was discovered on June 29, 2001 in an industrial area off 18th Avenue and Power Inn Road in Sacramento, California.
Cause of death is from a fire. Remains were badly burned.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 16-25 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5&#8217;0" - 5'6"; 90 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Dark hair; Dark eyes. Light complexion. Thin to average build. The victim has had a broken nose in the past.
Dentals: Available. The victim had no dental cavities and her teeth were very well cared for. All teeth have had plastic sealants applied. She had porcelain caps on her teeth. The victim is missing all of the first bicuspids, #5, #12, #21, and #28. She has had orthodontics or preparation for orthodontics and all four of her wisdom teeth are present. The lower wisdom teeth are not fully erupted.
Clothing: Victim may have been wearing "Structure" brand jeans or jean jacket.
Other: DNA available
---------------------------------------------------------------
Case History
The victim was found in a burning trash dumpster on June 29, 2001 in Sacramento, California. The victim's hair color and style along with her eye color are unknown. Viewers of the reconstruction are asked to concentrate on the teeth which are real and very well cared for.
The victim may have been wrapped or carried in a comforter.
It was reported that, just prior to the fire, a Seventies-era, orange Datsun 240Z or 260Z with a primer gray left front fender was seen in the area.

========================================================
http://www.nampn.org/cases/turney_alissa.html

Alissa Marie Turney

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance:
Missing Since: May 17, 2001 from Phoenix, Arizona.
Classification: Endangered Runaway
Date Of Birth: April 3, 1984
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 140-145 lbs.
Hair Color: Light Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: 1/2" scar on chin. May have blonde
highlights in her hair.
Clothing: Possibly wearing a blue shirt, baggy blue jeans
and black shoes.
Case #: 01-10922334
NCMEC #: NCMC912562
NCIC #: M-751576587
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/turney_alissa.html
From the Charley Project: She has previously fractured her nose.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Details of Disappearance
Alissa was last seen at her residence in the vicinity of 34th St. and Bell Rd. in Phoenix, AZ. Alissa left a note saying she was running away to California.

Alissa:
turney_alissa.jpg
Sketch of the Unidentified Female:
328UFCA.jpg

Alissa:
Missing from: 5/17/01
Weight: 140-145
Hair: Light brown (may have colored it)
Eyes: Brown
Previously broken nose

Unidentified Female:
Found: 6/29/01
Height: 5'0" - 5'6"
Weight: 90 lbs
Hair: Dark
Eyes: Dark
It also says: "The victim's hair color and style along with her eye color are unknown."
Previously broken nose

That has got to be a match. I always think that when they are so obvious like this one, that they have already been submitted, but man that sure seems like a match. You should submit that for sure.

That has got to be a match. I always think that when they are so obvious like this one, that they have already been submitted, but man that sure seems like a match. You should submit that for sure.
Everything loks good except the weight is really off, by about 50 pounds. But I guess she could have been on the streets and gotten thinner between the time she left and her body was found. Go for it.

Everything loks good except the weight is really off, by about 50 pounds. But I guess she could have been on the streets and gotten thinner between the time she left and her body was found. Go for it.

Thanks. I did notice the weight discrepancy. But everything else seemed to match, so maybe that is a mistake?

Also...if her body was badly burned then the weight they put with the UID was probably a guess. I would think it could easily have been off by that much with the condition the body was in.

I came across an old packet I printed off of rule-outs and this was one of them. Apparently Alissa Turney was ruled out by dentals by the Phoenix PD. What a shame, it seemed to be a match. :confused:

I came across an old packet I printed off of rule-outs and this was one of them.
Apparently Alissa Turney was ruled out by dentals by the Phoenix PD. What a shame, it seemed to be a match. :confused:

Jules19...I believe someone in the Phoenix PD dept. made a mistake. The fire would have damaged the body somewhat. After leaving home she likely lost a lot of weight.
The timing and the picture as well as the previous broken nose convinces me it's a match. Let's not overlook, she left a note saying she was leaving for California.
She had to have a 'reason' to go to California at age 17, a guy would be my first guess. She likely left with/ or left to meet, the person that killed her 5 weeks later.
Can they do a DNA test?...:waitasec:

I came across an old packet I printed off of rule-outs and this was one of them. Apparently Alissa Turney was ruled out by dentals by the Phoenix PD. What a shame, it seemed to be a match. :confused:

Jules, where did you find the rule-outs? I checked everything I knew to check before posting. (Still learning...)

Thanks.

Kiva-

I can't remember what website it came from. I think it was Lighting the way home, but I can't recall b/c it was a long time ago. Anyway, they used to have a list in Microsoft Access that you could download of any rule-outs. It was updated often, but I downloaded and printed a list quite a while back and kept it in a folder at work in case I didn't have time to go to their site, etc. Anyway, I haven't ever been able to find the downloadable list again, but I still have the old one. It's pretty long even for it being old. If you want to PM me your e-mail address I can scan it at work and e-mail it to you. I wish I could find exactly where I got it from, but I've had no luck. I'm not at work at the moment but I think there were 3 or 4 rule outs for this particular UID. Anyway, let me know...I wish this would have been a match. It seemed so good!

What do you think?

http://www.doenetwork.org/

The victim was discovered on June 29, 2001 in an industrial area off 18th Avenue and Power Inn Road in Sacramento, California.
Vital Statistics
Approximate Height and Weight: 5&#8217;0" - 5'6"; 90 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Dark hair; Dark eyes. Light complexion. Thin to average build. The victim has had a broken nose in the past.
Dentals: Available. The victim had no dental cavities and her teeth were very well cared for. All teeth have had plastic sealants applied. She had porcelain caps on her teeth. The victim is missing all of the first bicuspids, #5, #12, #21, and #28. She has had orthodontics or preparation for orthodontics and all four of her wisdom teeth are present. The lower wisdom teeth are not fully erupted.
Case History
It was reported that, just prior to the fire, a Seventies-era, orange Datsun 240Z or 260Z with a primer gray left front fender was seen in the area.

========================================================
http://www.nampn.org/cases/turney_alissa.html

Alissa Marie Turney

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance:
Missing Since: May 17, 2001 from Phoenix, Arizona.
Classification: Endangered Runaway
Date Of Birth: April 3, 1984
Weight: 140-145 lbs.
Hair Color: Light Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: 1/2" scar on chin. May have blonde
highlights in her hair.
Clothing: Possibly wearing a blue shirt, baggy blue jeans
and black shoes.
Case #: 01-10922334
NCMEC #: NCMC912562
NCIC #: M-751576587
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/turney_alissa.html
From the Charley Project: She has previously fractured her nose.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Details of Disappearance
Alissa was last seen at her residence in the vicinity of 34th St. and Bell Rd. in Phoenix, AZ. Alissa left a note saying she was running away to California.

Alissa:
turney_alissa.jpg
Sketch of the Unidentified Female:
328UFCA.jpg

Alissa:
Missing from: 5/17/01
Weight: 140-145
Hair: Light brown (may have colored it)
Eyes: Brown
Previously broken nose

Unidentified Female:
Found: 6/29/01
Height: 5'0" - 5'6"
Weight: 90 lbs
Hair: Dark
Eyes: Dark
It also says: "The victim's hair color and style along with her eye color are unknown."
Previously broken nose

I am closing this thread and changing title to "Ruled Out". I will start a new thread for this UID and a thread if there is not one for Alissa.

Here are links to each.

Alissa Marie Turney -Missing-Phoenix, AZ 5/17/01

328UFCA White Female- Found 6/29/01, CA
[URL="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2938982#post2938982"]

http://www.doenetwork.org/

Vital Statistics
Approximate Height and Weight: 5’0" - 5'6"; 90 lbs.
Case History

What about the 1970's orange Datsun with "Datsun 240Z or 260Z with a primer gray left front fender was seen in the area"
that should be an easily traced car. How many of them were around in that color? Maybe the DMV can take a look at who the owner may be? He was either connected to or a witness to who may have dumped the body & set it afire; if he didn't do it himself.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back