1049 users online (156 members and 893 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Mick Fletcher

Mick Fletcher murdered his pregnant wife Leann

In response to the slaying of Leann Fletcher who was pregnant at the time, the Michigan Legislature revised its penal code regarding assaults that result in the death of fetus.
    Freethought is a philosophy not a policy-
    "The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of my employer, not necessarily mine, and probably not necessary."

Charles Stuart murdered wife Carol Stuart, 8 months pregnant 1989 Boston, MA

In 2000, Raymond Wood shot to death his wife, Tina Wood, and shot her six young children (18 months to 10 years). The two youngest children survived.

Does Robert Blake qualify in this category?

DICKIE F. WIMMER

On the evening of January 15, 1979, the appellant, Dickie F. Wimmer, who was separated from his wife, and who had been drinking, visited an apartment where his wife and two infant children were staying with friends. After the appellant entered the apartment his wife's friends left, leaving her and the children alone with the appellant.

At around 9:00 p.m. a neighbor heard four or five shots coming from the apartment. Some fifteen minutes later an excited man, who was later identified as the appellant, appeared at another neighbor's door and asked the neighbor to call an ambulance. Upon arriving at the scene the ambulance driver found that the appellant's wife and two infant children were dead, apparently due to gunshot wounds. At around 9:30 p.m. the Chief of the Oceana Police arrived at the scene, and at that time, the appellant spontaneously told the chief, "I shot them all."

<snip>

In investigating the murders further, the police obtained other evidence tending to implicate the appellant. For instance, the appellant's girlfriend indicated, and later testified, that the appellant had told her that he had purchased a gun to kill his wife because he didn't want another man raising his children. His brother-in-law indicated that the appellant had threatened to kill his family about a week before the murders had occurred. The appellant's foreman at work stated that the appellant had told him about three weeks before the shooting that he was going to kill his wife. The appellant had repeated this about a week before the murders. A co-worker testified that the appellant, after receiving divorce papers, had become very upset and had threatened to kill his wife and her lawyer in court. The co-workers's wife testified that the appellant had again threatened to kill his wife on January 7, eight days before the killings occurred.

The above information is taken from THE SUPREME COURT OF APPEALS OF WEST VIRGINIA , STATE OF WEST VIRGINIA EX REL. DICKIE F. WIMMER

This case never got National attention as so many don't. I can't even find any old newspaper articles though I know it was in the local news. Mr. Shadow205, was the first Police Officer to arrive on the scene and what he found haunts him to this day. I remember him telling me that the babies were so cute, bathed & dressed in their jammies for the night. There are just some things that you never forget.
    Retired 08/03/03

Fred Tokars

'nuff said!

Quote Originally Posted by blueclouds
    not familiar with Jeff Anderson, elaborate?
    husband who just killed wife and she was found shot and stuffed in tool box of pickup....thread on board

Andrew Byrne strangled his wife, Leona Caramanica in about 1992. He was convicted twice of first degree murder and sentenced twice to life in prison. Both convictions were overturned because of evidentiary issues. He has since pled guilty to third degree murder, and will be released from prison in a few more years. At the time of the murder, they had a two year old daughter and a 4 month old son. As part of the plea agreement, he relinquished all parental rights to the children, who have been raised by Leona's mother.

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat1
    The other Peterson in Durham. Killed his wife by pushing her down the stairs.

Michael.

Eve

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat1
    Help me out here . . . what is that guys name who lived in Colorado and killed his wife and child? It was just recently in the news. Maybe he was in the army?
    Michael Blagg? Wife was found in landfill, little girl has never been found.

http://www.timewarner.com/corp/newsr...666850,00.html

* The Mary Ann Powell Case - In the spring of 1996, a year and a half after a pregnant Mary Ann Powell was reported missing by her husband Warren, her body turned up in a bag embedded in an ice chunk floating in the Hudson River. Performing the autopsy, Dr. Barbara Chaitin determined that she had been strangled. Inside the bag were 90 pounds of rocks, as well as maple seed pods that Dr. Norman Weeden (an associate professor of plant genetics at Cornell) determined came from a tree at the apartment complex where the Powells lived. After Dr. Martin Glicksman discovered ribbed marks on a family boat seat matching those on the bag, Warren Powell was arrested. The professor for the criminal justice class Warren Powell had been taking at a community college remembered telling his class about a "perfect" crime: One fisherman kills another, weighs down the body, and waits for fish to devour the evidence. Warren Powell was found guilty of second-degree murder and sentenced to 25 years to life.

Ralf Panitz

Ralf Panitz murdered ex wife Nancy Campbell

Nancy Campbell Panitz
    Beaten to death in her home July 24, 2000,
    following her appearance on The Jerry Springer Show.
    Sarasota, Florida

A complicated love triangle may have been the subject of a segment on the controversial "Jerry Springer Show," but the show hardly compared to the drama that followed.

Less than three months after Ralf Panitz appeared with his wife, Eleanor, and ex-wife, Nancy Campbell, on the Chicago-based program, Nancy was found brutally murdered.
    "The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of my employer, not necessarily mine, and probably not necessary."

Quote Originally Posted by indigomood
    Ralf Panitz murdered ex wife Nancy Campbell

Nancy Campbell Panitz
    Beaten to death in her home July 24, 2000,
    following her appearance on The Jerry Springer Show.
    Sarasota, Florida

A complicated love triangle may have been the subject of a segment on the controversial "Jerry Springer Show," but the show hardly compared to the drama that followed.

Less than three months after Ralf Panitz appeared with his wife, Eleanor, and ex-wife, Nancy Campbell, on the Chicago-based program, Nancy was found brutally murdered.
    I hate that show...

Quote Originally Posted by michelle
    I hate that show...
    Me too!! I hate all of them including, Maury Povich, Jenny Jones etc

Quote Originally Posted by indigomood
    Me too!! I hate all of them including, Maury Povich, Jenny Jones etc
    They provoke people too much, they set them up, i think it should be against the law!!

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast