Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Men Who've Murdered Their Wives: A Comprehensive List Compiled by Our Sleuthers

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorJ4
    Richard Crafts, an airline pilot from Newtown, Connecticut, murdered his wife, Helle Crafts in 1986 and disposed of her body by freezing it and then using a woodchipper....
    I grew up in Connecticut and was 14 yrs. old when this happened but I will never forget this case!

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Suspect in wife's murder is dead

Day after Dawn Roberts' body found in home, Kelly Roberts' body located in Vermont woods

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/sto...date=9/16/2006

http://www.stacyskids.com/recentnews62995601.aspx

Sep 23, 2006 - Green gets 90 years for killing wife, unborn son

CROWN POINT | For what David Green referred to as a "series of bad decisions" he'll be spending 90 years in prison.

A jury found Green, 31, guilty of murdering his estranged wife, Stacy Green, 29, and their unborn son, Nathanael, in their Griffith home Nov. 2, 2004. Stacy Green was days from delivering the child.

At his sentencing Friday, Green told Lake Criminal Court Judge Thomas P. Stefaniak Jr. his first bad decision was moving out in February 2003, when Stacy Green asked him to leave.

That was followed by having an affair, telling Stacy Green about it after having dinner with her and their two children Nov. 2, 2004, and fighting back when she attacked him with a knife, he said.

Upon sentencing Green, Stefaniak added to that list of bad decisions "clearly wiping the knife" off on his dead wife's sweat shirt, washing it and putting it back in the kitchen drawer, walking to the car and driving back to his mistress, leaving his two children, age 4 and 5, to discover their mother dead in a pool of blood.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15214489/

Former Police Officer Convicted Of Murder Sentenced To Life

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - A former Birmingham police officer convicted of murdering his wife was sentenced to life behind bars Tuesday. Augustus Lundy admitted he shot and killed Tarakisha Hodo on Mother?s Day in 2005. Lundy shot Hodo three times with a shotgun while their children were still in the house.

Lundy pleaded guilty to the murder in August, saying his wife refused to divorce him after she revealed she was participating in an extramarital affair.

Peter McFetridge murders girlfriend- August 1985

<Snip>
    Peter McFetridge in 1988 on charges of murdering his girlfriend in August of 1985 even though her body hadn't been found.

Goodfellow said the girlfriend had kicked McFetridge out of the house the day before she disappeared.

He said there was blood on the carpet of the home the couple shared on Telegraph Avenue in Oakland and there were bullet holes on the floor and wall that he believed came from a rifle that McFetridge owned.

Goodfellow said he also introduced a statement by McFetridge's mother that McFetridge had admitted to her that he had shot his girlfriend.

In a dramatic development in the trial, McFetridge, who was represented by veteran defense lawyer Tony Serra, claimed that he shot his girlfriend in self-defense and revealed that he had buried her 3 feet under their house.

His trial was halted for nearly two weeks while authorities dug up her body.

Goodfellow said the girlfriend's body had five bullet wounds, which he said destroyed McFetridge's contention that he had shot her in self-defense.

McFetridge, who died in state prison last year, was convicted of second-degree murder.

However, Goodfellow said he thinks McFetridge would have been convicted of first-degree murder if his girlfriend's body hadn't been found.

He said because the body was found, McFetridge was able to give jurors "a plausible story" that the shooting occurred during a heat of the moment boyfriend-girlfriend argument.

"His story was that there had been a confrontation," Goodfellow said.

http://cbs5.com/localwire/localfsnew...urces_bcn_html

Rick Williams

A friend of mine worked with Hetty Williams in the Grass Valley, CA area - I remember being horrified at the idea of being shot with a nailgun. So here's my contribution to this very long, sad list...

http://www.theunion.com/article/20060614/NEWS/106140135

How awful cins!

Here's another one for the list:

http://www.courttv.com/news/2006/1018/golden_ap.html

SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP) A youth minister who confessed to killing his wife and burying her body in the woods amid wild boar carcasses, pleaded guilty to murder and was sentenced to life in prison.

Eric Brian Golden, 36, entered the plea Tuesday in the death of DeeDee Marie Golden, who had been his high school sweetheart.

Lubbock Man Gets Life In Prison For Murder of His Wife

http://www.kamc28.tv/news/default.as...ownews&id=1924

Steven Lovato, 36, plead guilty to killing his estranged wife. He will now spend the rest of his life in prison.

Lovato stabbed Michelle Lovato on November 12, 2005. Her body was discovered in an van parked in a field near 106th Street and Chicago Avenue.

The Lovatos had three kids, but were separated at the time of the murder. Authorities say they don`t know why Lovato killed his wife and say they may never know.

s_finch is offline "Perpetrators on all levels strive for stealth"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mabel
    I wonder, in how many of these murders were there previous signs of violence by the husband? In many cases it's reported that no one had any idea there were problems in the marriage and the husband had never before been violent or even in trouble with the law.

Many of the Scotty supporters refuse to believe he's guilty because he was always known to be "kind and supportive" and had never had so much as a traffic ticket. How rare (or common) is that?
    To paraphrase from John Douglas, "If the perp's character doesn't seem to match the crime, then you just didn't really know his character." I'll try to find the exact quote.

s_finch is offline "Perpetrators on all levels strive for stealth"
    Seems like the main reasons husbands/boyfriends kill their wives/girlfriends are:

1- She's in the way and he wants out

2-She's pregnant and he doesn't want the burden of another child

3-Collecting on that life insurance policy is looking really good to him

4-She's decided to leave and he can't handle losing control of her (Kinda of like, "If I can't have her, no one else will")

I believe you've got it, s. finch.

Here's another one to add to the list:

http://www.wjactv.com/mostpopular/10188243/detail.html

NEW YORK -- A bitter husband with a shotgun hidden in his sweater sneaked up on his estranged wife as she was about to enter her new apartment Sunday.

As her new neighbors watched, the New York man shot his estranged wife in her head outside her apartment.

Witnesses said the man killed Karen Skellas while ignoring her screams for mercy. Neighbors said the husband, with his bleeding wife slumped at his feet, then shot himself in the face.

The couple had been in the process of getting a divorce. Skellas had lived in the apartment in Brooklyn for just a week.

and

Witnesses said they heard the 44-year-old woman screaming "No! No!" and then yelling in Greek while her husband, 48-year-old Ioannis Skellas, took aim at her head from inches away.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06309/735905-85.stm

Sunday, November 05, 2006

State police have identified a couple who died in apparent murder-suicide on Friday.

An autopsy determined that Tina M. Fluharty, 46, died of multiple gunshot wounds, police said Saturday. Ms. Fluharty was shot along with her father, William Bernadini, 70, and Trooper B.R. Henderson about noon Friday.

James P. Fluharty, 49, died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, police said. His body was found inside the couple's burned out home, which police believe James Fluharty set on fire.

Sam Sheppard

Domestic Violence Led to Preston Murder-Suicide

snips from the article:

In September, witnesses say Steven Donald showed up at his wife's workplace in Richmond, Utah threatening to shoot her and himself. Deputies took him to Portneuf Medical Center in Pocatello for a mental evaluation.

and

But Annette Donald did not leave. Preston police told us today in this statement, three days before Christmas, she asked to that the protective order be lifted. The couple went on a Christmas vacation and when it went sour, Mrs. Donald told police she didn't want any more contact with her husband.

By then, it was too late. Yesterday, police say Steven Donald shot his wife to death in her apartment then shot himself while on the phone with police.

Domestic violence experts say abusers need years of therapy. It's not going to get better in a few weeks or even a couple months.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=758205

Sam Sheppard has been exonerated.

But here are some who truly are guilty:

Wayne Guidry Jr
    killed gf Stephanie Pepper Sims

Jeff Krotine
    killed wife Ramona

Jim Barton
    killed wife Vickie

Dr. David Tipton
    killed wife Karen

Prof. Thomas Murray
    killed estranged wife Carmin

Jerry Jones Jr. thrice convicted of
    killing wife Lee

John Maloney
    killed wife Sandy

Robert Chambers
    killed gf Jennifer Levin

Lewis Joyner
    killed wife Ruby and her friend Halima Jones

Prof. Ed Sherman
    killed pregnant wife Ellen

Christian Longo
    killed his wife and three children

Jim Watson
    killed wife Beverly

Patrick Bradford
    killed gf Tammy Mohr

someone help me with the names of another case---
    wife walks dogs in woods, mother finds her body, shot to death
    husband convicted. "Marble man" finds the shell casings; husband gave wife's clothes to a coworker with a letter from the wife that he forged, it was called the "sweater letter" Can't remember the names!!
    Oh, and he had tried to kill her previously with a cement block dropped from the roof but she survived!

And Rabbi Fred Neulander's name needs to be on the compiled list.

But what about the women who have killed their husbands? There are plenty of them too, but they usually get less harsh sentences.

There is one here in town that is about to go on trial for the most brutal and disgusting murder of her ex-husband that you could ever imagine. Larissa Schuster was a biochemist who owned a chemical lab. She broke into her ex's house, stunned him with a stun gun, chloroformed him, stuffed him head first into a drum, and poured hydrochloric acid on him WHILE HE WAS STILL ALIVE. After rigor set in, his feet popped open the drum, so she then sawed off his feet with a hacksaw so she could re-seal the drum.

Her accomplice has already been convicted of 1st degree murder, so there is no doubt she will also be convicted, and guess what?

THE D.A. IS NOT GOING FOR THE DEATH PENALTY!

Ah, pepper--- it turns out that you started a thread on the very subject. I found it, bumped it up and added a few more names.

Update!!

This just in...

http://www.1010wins.com/pages/15306...ontentId=264670

Rabbi Fred Neulander's conviction has been upheld.

Adding...

Col. George Marecek
    killed wife Viperat

Fortunately and amazingly the wife survived this assault...

Joseph McLaughlin had hitmen
    run down his wife, Mary Ann, in a Boston garage

Richard Overton
    killed wife Janet
    a bigamist, he also poisoned previous wife Dorothy
    with silenium but she survived.

Dan Willoughby
    killed wife Trish
    sent children into the house knowing they'd find their mother's body

Bob Durrell
    killed wife Sherry

son of Episcopal bishop
    Stephen Beckham
    killed wife Vicki Landers

Mark Lundy - murdered his wife, Christine and 7 year old daughter Amber using a tomahawk. He was away on a business trip for the weekend, called home in the early evening to say goodnight to his wife and daughter, then drove home at high speed in the dead of night to murder both of them, before returning to his motel room and hiring a hooker to spend the rest of the evening with.

Brian Schlaepfer - murdered his wife, three sons, daughter in law and grandson and finally himself in 1992. The only survivor was his 9 year old grand daughter, who survived by hiding in a wardrobe during the massacre.

In Idaho---- December 26, 2006

Alofa Time, 51 years old, entered a guilty plea to first-degree murder for the beheading of his wife Teresa Time.

Gozgals

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast