908 users online (165 members and 743 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 129
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,061

    A good read - Black Tape and other interesting bits

    http://www.geocities.com/Area51/nebu...explained.html
    Scroll down til you see Fleet Whites picture, then just above that is where you find this bit.

    There was tape residue found on the blade of Burke's Swiss Army Knife near the body, but none noted on the body.

    *

    I don't believe I ever knew this tidbit, but possibly had forgotten it, don't think I would have forgotten this, IF I had read it before.

    This link will enlighten new readers to the forum. LOTS of stuff pertaining to the case. Information listed by topic.

    If you scroll on down to the Kennedy family info. This was information about how JR behaved, that I had either forgotten or never knew. It is going on ten years since it happened.

    Maybe WE=WS'ers need to read everything written by EVERYONE who has written about this cas, all over again.

    After nearly ten years, it would probably give us all a new mindset.



    .
    Opinions expressed by me, are mine, based on life experience, and known facts of any given case.





    """I am just a pixel in the universal plan."""

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,795
    Sorry, too many errors, rumors, unsourced statements and off-the-wall claims to give it any value for me. Might as well put stock in Alan Yu's website claiming JonBenet was killed by Chiang Kai-Shek's "invisible agents."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,061

    Wellllllll

    Quote Originally Posted by tipper
    Sorry, too many errors, rumors, unsourced statements and off-the-wall claims to give it any value for me. Might as well put stock in Alan Yu's website claiming JonBenet was killed by Chiang Kai-Shek's "invisible agents."



    I will say that Cyril Wecht, Dr. Lee, BPD Chief Becker, Douglas the FBI profiler, Steve Thomas, JR/PR, FBI, and countless others have their side of the truth and know MORE truths than any of us posters on WS which certainly include myself and most likely you as well. JR/PR know the truth for certain, imop.

    The link I posted has value imop, for learning the whole ball of wax as it was melted and pitched at the public, which includes WS'ers as well.

    PS: Tipper could you post a source to discount Cyrils note that traces of tape were found on Burke's knife? Thank you.


    .
    .
    Opinions expressed by me, are mine, based on life experience, and known facts of any given case.





    """I am just a pixel in the universal plan."""

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Camper
    http://www.geocities.com/Area51/nebu...explained.html
    Scroll down til you see Fleet Whites picture, then just above that is where you find this bit.

    There was tape residue found on the blade of Burke's Swiss Army Knife near the body, but none noted on the body.

    *

    I don't believe I ever knew this tidbit, but possibly had forgotten it, don't think I would have forgotten this, IF I had read it before.

    This link will enlighten new readers to the forum. LOTS of stuff pertaining to the case. Information listed by topic.

    If you scroll on down to the Kennedy family info. This was information about how JR behaved, that I had either forgotten or never knew. It is going on ten years since it happened.

    Maybe WE=WS'ers need to read everything written by EVERYONE who has written about this cas, all over again.

    After nearly ten years, it would probably give us all a new mindset.



    .
    I was reading the Crime Library (www.crimelibrary.com) story on JonBenet, which totally takes the stance that the parents were rightly vindicated. They usually aren't so one-sided in an unslolved case, and if anything tend to side with public oppinion. Anyone have insight into why this might be the case? Funding? Fear of lawsuits? Author bias? Or do they have ligitimate points?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,670
    Quote Originally Posted by SchnauzerMom
    I was reading the Crime Library (www.crimelibrary.com) story on JonBenet, which totally takes the stance that the parents were rightly vindicated. They usually aren't so one-sided in an unslolved case, and if anything tend to side with public oppinion. Anyone have insight into why this might be the case? Funding? Fear of lawsuits? Author bias? Or do they have ligitimate points?
    I find the crime library website to be very biased in many criminal cases. It's the same with Jeffrey MacDonald, the rightly convicted killler of his family. But from reading that site one gets the impression that all this was a huge miscarriage of justice. But MacD is right where he belongs, sentenced to life.
    Therefore I'd suggest reading the "info" on that site with great caution, and always checking out other sources too.

    And btw: the Ramseys were not vindicated at all. They have never been eliminated as suspects.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    maryland
    Posts
    1,832
    I really must be "lagging behind", I thought the knife found was not the one that had been put away by LHP, and was never sourced to Burke?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by rashomon
    I find the crime library website to be very biased in many criminal cases. It's the same with Jeffrey MacDonald, the rightly convicted killler of his family. But from reading that site one gets the impression that all this was a huge miscarriage of justice. But MacD is right where he belongs, sentenced to life.
    Therefore I'd suggest reading the "info" on that site with great caution, and always checking out other sources too.

    And btw: the Ramseys were not vindicated at all. They have never been eliminated as suspects.
    I do understand that they weren't vindicated, believe me.
    I'm not even trying to play devil's advocate.
    I aspire not to take anything I read, especially on the internet, without "a grain of salt".
    I was more interested in whether anyone could advise me as to the nature of their bias, since it seems to be total and completely contrary to everything else I've read.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,061

    Hmmm

    Quote Originally Posted by sissi
    I really must be "lagging behind", I thought the knife found was not the one that had been put away by LHP, and was never sourced to Burke?




    My only recollection sissi is that the R's never owned up to it being Burkes. IF it was not B's knife, then it might have had a perps fingerprints on it.

    Burke could most likely have told by looking at it whether it 'might' have been his knife. I doubt that B would ever have had a chance to inspect it.

    I would suspect it might have had some forensic evidence within the 'housing' of its blades, wood dust or tiny pieces that possibly would have matched the paint brush handle wood. Fingerprints on it, er not ala - cleaning of the knife, cleaning of the batteries in the flashlight by our 'perp'.

    The R's never owned up to complete ownership of the flashlight on the kitchen counter either. EVen though they owned one, WE=WS'ers never knew if the R's found the one they did own that was like the one on the kitchen counter, IF IF my memory is correct.

    I also wonder if LHP had an opportunity to look at the knife as well, WE=WS'ers donut know that either.


    SchnauzerMom, I would suspect that the R's attorney played BOO so often that many folks decided to not get involved in looking HARD at the Ramnesia and semi known facts or non facts of the case.

    I am also stricken by the facts in this case that a Swiss Army knife is unidentified as one the R's owned, and that the flashlight was unidentified as theirs either. How often do we find vital clues/items in a murder case that are IDENTICAL to items that the murder victims family owned, but could not locate em? Hmmm. Ramnesia set in early.


    .
    Opinions expressed by me, are mine, based on life experience, and known facts of any given case.





    """I am just a pixel in the universal plan."""

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    2,996
    Camper!!
    How the devil are ya?? Unfortunately, I have relapsed! (Will PM you when I get a min - at work!)

    Back on topic - RAMNESIA!! LOVE IT!!! you rock!!
    Above is my opinion only

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Camper
    I will say that Cyril Wecht, Dr. Lee, BPD Chief Becker, Douglas the FBI profiler, Steve Thomas, JR/PR, FBI, and countless others have their side of the truth and know MORE truths than any of us posters on WS which certainly include myself and most likely you as well. JR/PR know the truth for certain, imop.

    The link I posted has value imop, for learning the whole ball of wax as it was melted and pitched at the public, which includes WS'ers as well.

    PS: Tipper could you post a source to discount Cyrils note that traces of tape were found on Burke's knife? Thank you.


    .
    .
    I have no idea whether duct tape residue was found on the knife. I do know Patsy didn't "purchase that tape and cord weeks before her daughter was murdered" since it was shown to be manufactured in late November.

    I know that JonBenet's eyes were green and not blue.

    I know that when John said Patsy "was able to throw up" he was describing the things the American public thought they were able to do. J. RAMSEY: The American public has been led to believe that while we went to bed that night after a wonderful Christmas, brutally beat JonBenet, sexually molested her, strangled her, went to sleep, wrote a three-page ransom note, called the police, sat around the house for four hours, then I went downstairs and discovered her body, and was able to act distraught. Patsy was able to throw up that morning because of gut-wrenching anxiety. She fainted. Help me understand that. Where is our common sense as a society as a race of people?

    I know that when the police arrived they didn't find several friends already there.

    I know that when he found the body John did not walk directly to the wine cellar when he went downstairs.

    These are new to me:
    *Much later we learned that Patsy Ramsey had a habit of drawing hearts.

    *The Ramsey Family liken themselves to the J.F.Kennedy Clan.

    *The housekeeper said that she occasionally saw JonBenet's panties "soaking" in the sink.

    *He placed his daughter on the floor near the entry way began CPR. Why did John Ramsey wait until he carried his daughter upstairs to begin CPR?

    This is an internet story that I have never seen sourced:
    Patsy Ramsey told us that JonBenet was not feeling well on Christmas Day. She was confined to her bedroom to rest. We hear rumors that JonBenet had guests in her "sick room" that day. Her friends were allowed to visit her in her room. Is it true? It has never been confirmed.
    If anyone has that interview I'd like to read it.

    The press coined the word "duct tape".
    Really?
    http://www.duct-tape.com/

    Duct Tape


    10 mil Shurtape #618 or,


    9 mil Shurtape #600

    I know that Patsy's parents could not have remained in Atlanta and refused "to personally comfort their daughter when they heard of JonBenet's murder?" and at the same time moved into the Stine's house with them.

    I know the author did not feel the need to include Pan Paugh's description of them that night at the Fernie's:
    PAUGH: She had been taken to the home of some of their dear friends, and I laid eyes on her first when I came in the door, and they had her very heavily sedated and lying on the floor on an air mattress with pillows engulfing her entire body.

    KING: Did you speak?

    PAUGH: I went to her. I held her. She was not able to speak much, but she kept opening her eyes and looking at me and saying, "who would have killed my baby? Who would have done this?" And she said, "you know, somebody killed my baby." And I said "yes, I know. And we wile find out who has done this."
    PAUGH: He was a grief-torn man. I had seen him in that light one previous time and that was during the death of his eldest daughter, Beth. He was at some times standing on his feet, at other times, pacing the floor, crying, just so distraught that there was nothing that I knew I could do to relieve his pain at that point.

    I know I could set up a site that asks things like: Why did Steve Thomas choose to settle out of court rather than defend his book? He knows the truth is a defense against libel. If his book was the truth he would not have been forced to settle. I could claim psychic abilities and go on and on about how in my communications with Ruth she felt so bad because of her erroneous accusations and now that she and JonBenet are together she knows the parents were totally innocent.

    If you want a good overall view, read the Rocky Mountain News article that presents both sides of the story. Not a collection of rumor, error, innuendo, and propaganda.

    On a slightly different subject:
    My recollection is the Crimelibrary site was once anti-Ramsey. Now they have gone in the other direction. Perhaps they feel it balances things out. Or maybe they feel it is closer to the truth. It would have been better if they had started out with an even-handed article.

    Last edited by tipper; 02-11-2006 at 11:10 PM.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    8,871

    Black/Duct Tape

    Or picture framing tape, whatever.

    Now on the subject of the knife, if BlueCrabs theory is 60% correct then BR's fingerprints should be on that handle or blade, and if its been forensically cleaned , just as the flash-light was, then no evidence means no proof, but that does not deny us the ability to suspect who cleaned it and why e.g. an intruder would have brought their own knife, even only as a defensive weapon.

    From all that I have read about the tape, it appeared to be an ad-hoc addition to JonBenet's staging in the wine-cellar. Anyone with access to a roll of tape who intends to silence someone, will, I guess, wrap it around the head, covering the mouth, at least once.

    There was something pertinent or odd about the tape on her mouth, so much so, Fleet White went back to examine it!

    Whats curious about this is we have a corpse, and all FW wishes to do is inspect the tape mmm?

    I could speculate but it would not be fair on FW!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    207

    Hee

    Ramnesia ought to be put in every Funk and Wagnells in the country. Classic.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,061

    Thank you

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorkim
    Ramnesia ought to be put in every Funk and Wagnells in the country. Classic.





    I am proud of the NEW word I created so many years ago. I did another one, called sexnesia on the Wal Mart forum on the morning after pill squabble. A sexnesia pill would cause people to forget the phys ed part of their date, and just get to know each other mentally, before they create another human being.


    Tippers post said this: "This is an internet story that I have never seen sourced:
    Patsy Ramsey told us that JonBenet was not feeling well on Christmas Day. She was confined to her bedroom to rest. We hear rumors that JonBenet had guests in her "sick room" that day. Her friends were allowed to visit her in her room. Is it true? It has never been confirmed."



    Donut know about confirmation of 'visitors', but pore old Mr. Barnhill saw one approach the house Christmas Day that he said was JAR, then the R side of the show convinced Mr. Barnhill of his 'visual error', said nopey nope twarent JAR.

    Tipper you say in most of the references in your post that 'You Know' specific thingies as fact. Well I would suspect and possibly know that most likely your comments of fact were gleaned from various sources of good and or bad information found in the media.

    Thats sorta like picking the florets from the dish of broccoli, and pitching the stalks out cuz one does not like stalks.

    WE - as WS'ers, do not have ALL of the information that most likely was or is the truth, that still sits in the hands of law enforcement and the do nothing ex DA in Boulder.


    .
    Opinions expressed by me, are mine, based on life experience, and known facts of any given case.





    """I am just a pixel in the universal plan."""

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,389
    Quote Originally Posted by tipper
    I have no idea whether duct tape residue was found on the knife. I do know Patsy didn't "purchase that tape and cord weeks before her daughter was murdered" since it was shown to be manufactured in late November.
    You do? Could you post a source for that? My understanding is that a receipt for McGuckins which showed the purchase of an item which *could* have been the duct tape (same price) - but that unfortunately the receipt wasn't itemised so they were not able to tell for certain.

    Do you know for certain that this receipt was dated prior to the manufacture of the duct tape? If you can prove this is so, it should be in the Facts and fiction thread.

    I know for a fact that a manufactured item can be on a store shelf the day after manufacturing and even within a week if the goods go via a distributor. I know this from experience. I would therefore only conclude that the item on the bill was NOT the duct tape if the receipt was dated prior to the day after manufacture.


    This is only my opinion

    Let the focus be on Madeleine




    Together we can make a difference





    Alert Viewer in Scotland

    Member of Websleuths since April 2000

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,053
    The only source I can come up with was a 10/21/01 post by BraveHeart on the BB forum that included this paragraph:

    "Detectives Thomas and Trujillo later traveled to the Shurtape manufacturing plant in Hickory, North Carolina, where the tape was made. Based on fiber content and type of adhesive they were able to place the date of manufacture sometime in late November, 1996, which meant the tape traveled from plant to crime scene in 4-5 weeks."

    I don't know where BraveHeart sourced that from.

    BlueCrab

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Interesting Read
    By heavenlydaze in forum Darlie Routier
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-01-2004, 10:29 AM