AZ AZ - Seligman, WhtMale 757UMAZ, 30-40, 'Marlboro' buckle, black boots, May'04

PonderingThings

Former member
Reaction score
http://doenetwork.us/cases/757umaz.html

757UMAZ.jpg
757UMAZ1.jpg

Unidentified White Male

* The victim was discovered on May 19, 2004 in Seligman, Yavapai County, Arizona
* Estimated Date of Death: May 15, 2004

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 30-40 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 76 inches ; 200 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Light brown hair.
* Dentals: Not available
* Clothing: Blue "Wrangler" jeans (size 36 x 36), 4" round "Marlboro" belt buckle, blue "Hanes" underwear, white socks, black great western boots (estimated size 8-9).
* DNA: Available

Case History
The victim was located on May 19, 2004 burned near Williamson Valley Road at Mile Marker 55 in Seligman, AZ.

http://www.nampn.doenetwork.us/cases/prough_robert.html

prough_robert.jpg

Robert Ralph Prough

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

# Missing Since: May 6, 2004 from Lakewood, California
# Classification: Voluntary Missing
# Date Of Birth: December 4, 1972
# Age: 31
# Height: 6'2"
# Weight: 140 lbs.
# Hair Color: Brown
# Eye Color: Blue
# Race: White
# Gender: Male
# Case Number: 004-33294-1322-400

Details of Disappearance
Robert was last seen on May 6, 2004 in Lakewood, California.

Possible match?:

1. There is a strong resemblence between the reconstruction of John Doe and Robert.

2. The age and hair color match.

3. John Doe is estimated to be 6'4" >>Robert is listed as 6'2"

4. John Doe is estimated to be 200 lbs and Robert is listed as 140 lbs <<This is a discrepancy Personally I find it odd as the pants found with the victim were 36"... its possible a 200 lb man would fit in a 36" waist but I find this odd.

5. Robert disappeared on May 6, 2004. John Doe was found a week later.

6. Robert was last seen in Lakewood, California. John Doe was found in Seligman, Arizona which according to Google is 7 hours away mostly by hiway. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&saddr=lakewood,+california&daddr=williamson+valley+road,+seligman,+arizona&ll=34.107256,-115.587158&spn=4.002047,7.492676

http://www.nampn.doenetwork.us/cases/brothers_thomas.html

brothers_thomas.jpg

Thomas Aaron Brothers

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

# Missing Since: March 15, 2004 from Suisun City, California
# Classification: Endangered Missing
# Date Of Birth: February 6, 1967
# Age: 37
# Height: 5'8"
# Weight: 180 lbs.
# Hair Color: Light Brown
# Eye Color: Hazel
# Race: White
# Gender: Male
# Medical Conditions: Unknown medical condition
# Clothing: Possibly wearing white athletic shoes
with purple laces, carrying a pink backpack
# Jewelry: Gold elastic band watch with gold face,
long pink beaded necklace
# NCIC Number: M-793931720
# Case Number: 04-0752

Details of Disappearance
Brothers was last seen at approximately 12:00pm riding his green bicycle in the vicinity of the 1700 block of Theresa Way in Suisun City, California.
Possible match?:

1. There is a resemblence between the reconstruction of John Doe and Thomas.

2. The age and hair color match.

3. John Doe is estimated to be 6'4" >>Thomas is listed as 5'8" <<discrepancy

4. John Doe is estimated to be 200 lbs and Thomas is listed as 180 lbs

5. Thomas disappeared on March 15, 2004. John Doe died about two months later, in May 2004

6. Thomas was last seen in Suisun City, California. John Doe was found in Seligman, Arizona which according to Google is 13 hours away mostly by hiway.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&saddr=Suisun+City,+california&daddr=williamson+valley+road,+seligman,+arizona

I didn't find a previous thread on this one...

This photo/reconstruction comparison is very close; age is good; height and weight are a match.

Perhaps Ben jumped ship, went AWOL and then ended up murdered several years later?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/757umaz.html

Doe Network: Case File 757UMAZ Unidentified White Male

The victim discovered on May 19, 2004 in Seligman, Yavapai County, Arizona

Estimated Date of Death: May 15, 2004

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 30-40 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 6'3" ; 190-200 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Light brown hair.
Dentals: Not available
Clothing: Blue "Wrangler" jeans (size 36 x 36), 4" round "Marlboro" belt buckle, blue "Hanes" underwear, white socks, black great western boots (estimated size 8-9).
DNA: Available

Case History
The victim was located on May 19, 2004, just off of Williamson Valley Road, 11 miles south of I-40 near Seligman, at Mile Marker 55 in Seligman, AZ. The body had been burned beyond recognition and no identification was found.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1532dmhi.html

Benjamin Robert Sjoberg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance:

Missing Since: October 18, 1996 from Hawaii
Classification: Missing
Date Of Birth: August 24, 1973
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 200 lbs.
Hair Color: Reddish Blond
Eye Color: Blue
Race: White
NCIC Number: M-979390441 OR M-975776243

Details of Disappearance:
Sjoberg was serving as a United States Navy hull technician third class in 1996. He was last seen aboard the USS Harper's Ferry (LSD-49) at approximately 11:00 PM on October 18, 1996. The ship was reportedly passing between the Hawaiian islands of Kauai and Niihau at the time, coming as close as 2000 yards from shore at one point during the evening. Sjoberg disappeared from the ship and has never been heard from again. He is originally from St. Louis County, Minnesota.

Investigating Agency

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Naval Criminal Investigative Service Headquarters
(NCIS)
202-433-9225
OR
800-479-9685

Attachments

• 757UMAZ.jpg
    757UMAZ.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 67
  • sjoberg_benjamin_robert.jpg
    sjoberg_benjamin_robert.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 69
Wow, that is a ten year difference. Since he was a navy marine he was probably very reliable. I would think that unfortunately, due to foul play or accidental circumstances he fell into the water since he was last seen on board the ship in the water. I just don't see him getting off the ship and wandering around ten years without telling his family. Since the UID was badly burned, even though these two pictures look similar, I wouldn't take it as too accurate. Maybe wait and see what others think, if you strongly feel it is a match then send it in...

D~

I agree and I am a firm believer that the majority of US military personnel are dependable, reliable, and honorable men and women, however, going AWOL or staging a death is not unheard of... The fact that the boat-to-shore distance was detailed makes me suspect that the Navy believes Ben could have gone AWOL, or they're at least implying that if he had fallen overboard he could have made it to shore.

For me though, it was the unusual height (6'3") of the UID, the age, and the striking likeness that piqued my interest.

I wonder what his family situation is/was... I'll try to dig deeper.

Based on the circumstances, I'd so no, but wow are those pics strikingly similiar. Because of the likeness of the photo's I'd submit. Who knows what kind of circumstances someone might create to walk away from their life. Maybe he did... and is the UID. I'd submit... Better to have a rule out than not give it a shot.

moo

I agree, I think the navy man may have fallen overboard or there was foul play perhaps?

FWIW: Seligman is a small town, sort of "off the beaten path" of I-40. It is not a big town, but it is one of the "sites" from the old Rt 66. Doe Network states that the Seligman UID was found 11 miles south, near Seligman, but Seligman is NORTH of I-40. When I checked online, I found that the total sq mileage of Selgman is approx 6 miles, so this UID "technically" was not found "in" Seligman. If he was found south of I-40, this area is really desolate desert area, so it is surprising that he was found so quickly (est time of death was May 15, he was found May 19th) The road he was found on is a direct route to Prescott, which then connects to 69 and then to I-17 going south to Phoenix or North to Flagstaff. I-40 goes east to Flagstaff and beyond and west to California, Nevada, etc.

He has a distinctive nose, as well as height, so hopefully we will be able to establish his identity. Not to be sterotypical, but he was wearing a Marlboro belt and cowboy boots, so I am guessing he may have been from either Arizona, Texas, New Mexico, or some other Southwest state.

The height is off, but could this be Robert Fisher? Similar nose... Maybe someone was hiding him for awhile but then decided not to anymore and killed him?

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/topten/fugitives/fisher.htm

I agree, I think the navy man may have fallen overboard or there was foul play perhaps?

FWIW: Seligman is a small town, sort of "off the beaten path" of I-40. It is not a big town, but it is one of the "sites" from the old Rt 66. Doe Network states that the Seligman UID was found 11 miles south, near Seligman, but Seligman is NORTH of I-40. When I checked online, I found that the total sq mileage of Selgman is approx 6 miles, so this UID "technically" was not found "in" Seligman. If he was found south of I-40, this area is really desolate desert area, so it is surprising that he was found so quickly (est time of death was May 15, he was found May 19th) The road he was found on is a direct route to Prescott, which then connects to 69 and then to I-17 going south to Phoenix or North to Flagstaff. I-40 goes east to Flagstaff and beyond and west to California, Nevada, etc.

He has a distinctive nose, as well as height, so hopefully we will be able to establish his identity. Not to be sterotypical, but he was wearing a Marlboro belt and cowboy boots, so I am guessing he may have been from either Arizona, Texas, New Mexico, or some other Southwest state.

The height is off, but could this be Robert Fisher? Similar nose... Maybe someone was hiding him for awhile but then decided not to anymore and killed him?

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/topten/fugitives/fisher.htm

I would love to see what comes of this, what Robert Fisher did to his family (not too far from my family home) was horrible.

The UID does resemble Fisher a bit... some poetic justice if it were Fisher.

Some More info on Sjoberg from the US Naval Criminal Investigative Service site:

He was known to be very athletic, an excellent swimmer, and outdoorsman who enjoyed living off
the land. He was said to be on the quiet side. Sjoberg also may have had a preference for exotic
looking women.

Definitely poetic justice, considering he killed then burned his family. I find it interesting that there have been absolutely no sightings of Fisher in the years he has been a fugitive. I wander if FBI has DNA for Fisher? Tamar, are you going to contact LE regarding the Navy guy? If so, see if the Seligman UID DNA has been entered into CODIS. It would not hurt to see if it possibly could be him, and you might get more info on the UID from LE.
The UID does resemble Fisher a bit... some poetic justice if it were Fisher.

Some More info on Sjoberg from the US Naval Criminal Investigative Service site:

He was known to be very athletic, an excellent swimmer, and outdoorsman who enjoyed living off
the land. He was said to be on the quiet side. Sjoberg also may have had a preference for exotic
looking women.

Yes, I'll contact NCIS. We'll see...

There was another doe that reminded me of Fisher... I think the dates were a little off, but because it was Fisher i.e. considering how deceptive he is/was I remember thinking that there might still be a chance. I'll try to (re)find the UID for comparison.

Ugh I remember when that Fisher incident happened...how horrible! I wonder if the FBI has any of his DNA at all to compare.

Originally posted by: NonDairy...

Does anyone know if a comparison between the UID John Doe 0028 found in Seligman, AZ May 2004 and Trevor Angell who went missing from Las Vegas in Sept 2000
UID John Doe 0028

NV - Trevor Angell endangered missing - 22 Sept. 2000
Trevor Angell - Endangered Missing

There is quite a height difference between the UID (6'4") and Trevor (5'11")

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back