GUILTY SC - Sharon Stone, 46, brutally murdered, Chesterfield County, Jan 2006

PonderingThings

Former member
Reaction score
http://www.morningnewsonline.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=FMN%2FMGArticle%2FFMN_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1137834041444&path=!news

[font=verdana,arial,sans-serif][font=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Dismembered woman died of two-gun shot wounds to head

Preliminary autopsy results show a decapitated and dismembered woman died of two gunshot wounds to the head, Chesterfield County Coroner Donnie Baker said Saturday.

The coroner’s office ruled the death a homicide, Baker said. The type of gun used hasn’t been determined, but it wasn’t a shotgun, Baker said.
“We’re still working on exactly why the body was dismembered, whether it was animals or something else,” he said.

Reporting officers retrieved the woman’s entire body, which was sent Friday to Newberry for an autopsy, Chesterfield County Sheriff’s Maj. James Dixon said Friday.

Baker said he could only describe the woman as “a relatively short, blonde-haired female” based on what he knew so far.

The State Law Enforcement Division is trying to get fingerprints from the woman to identify her, Baker said. If that fails, investigators will create a reconstruction of her skull, he said.

The Chesterfield County Sheriff’s Office began a homicide investigation after finding the body north of Jefferson at 9:30 a.m. Friday morning, Dixon said Friday.

A Kershaw man discovered the body as he was walking along Peach Orchard Road picking up aluminum cans for recycling, Dixon said.

He noticed something off the roadside near Peach Orchard Road’s intersection with S.C. 151, took a closer look and realized it was a body, Dixon said.

The man then went to the police station and told authorities about the body, which lay 50 yards from the road, Dixon said.

Police responded to the scene and found the body between the road’s guard rail and a small pond, according to sheriff’s office reports.
Authorities don’t know how long the woman had been dead, Dixon said.[/font][font=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif][/font]
[/font]

http://www.morningnewsonline.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=FMN%2FMGArticle%2FFMN_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1137834026302&path=!news

This article says the woman appeared to be white.

The only match I could come up with, based on these few details:

Race: White
Hair Color: Blonde
Height: Relatively Short

is Crystal Soles. She went missing in January 2005 is listed as blonde haired and 5'5".

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200502728S

I am doubtful that it is Crystal though as it would mean the body was exposed for a year - unless she was held for a time.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/observer/news/local/13930035.htm

Corpse may give clues on 2 killings

Officials seek links to unsolved Union cases

MIKE DONILA

mdonila@charlottobserver.com

MONROE - Union County authorities are looking into a possible connection between a woman found dismembered in Chesterfield County, S.C., and two unsolved N.C. killings.

The Chesterfield County Sheriff's Office on Feb. 9 found a decapitated and dismembered body near S.C. 151 in Jefferson, 25 miles south of Monroe.

A Kershaw man found it while picking up aluminum cans. Authorities don't know how long the woman had been dead, but said she was shot twice in the head. Union County Sheriff Eddie Cathey told the Observer on Tuesday that S.C. authorities "think they have got her identified, but not positively, 100 percent identified."

"We're certainly looking at this case to see if there's a connection," Cathey said.

He said he expects identification in the next couple of days.

Cathey said his office is investigating possible ties with two bodies found in Union County, one in 2004, the other in 1997.

In early 2004, Christina Parker's body was found in a creek under a bridge on Hopewell Church Road in the northern part of the county. In 1997, Sharon Pressley's body was found in the wooded area by the creek. Both had been shot in the head.

Authorities said there was no proof the women are victims of the same killer.

Both had prior drug convictions, and Pressley was charged with prostitution seven months before her death, records show. Neither was reported missing before her death.

Authorities aren't sure where either woman was killed, but suspect their bodies were dumped after they were killed elsewhere.

Union County authorities today identified a woman's dismembered body found recently in Chesterfield County, S.C., and said a two-state law enforcement task force would investigate possible links to two similar ones in Union County in the past nine years.
The woman whose body was found Feb. 9, dismembered and decapitated, was identified as Sharon Tucker Stone, 46, of 77 Kathy St., Monroe. She had been shot twice in the head.

Union County Sheriff Eddie Cathey said she was last seen around Jan. 1, but he would not say who saw her. Cathey said no one had reported Stone missing.

More info found here:
http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/13943787.htm

Wouldn't it be more helpful if they provided some kind of pics of these women? Drawings or reconstructions, descriptions of clothes, jewelry, tattoes anything really that they can to jog someones's memory? None of these women were reported missing and I don't recall reading about the other two but if I did certainly don't remember anything about it.

Decapitated body identified as North Carolina woman

...The woman was identified through DNA testing as 46-year-old Sharon Tucker Stone of Monroe, N.C., Chesterfield County Coroner Donnie Baker said.
Her case bears similarities to those of two women found dead in North Carolina's Union County, Union County (N.C.) Sheriff Eddie Cathey said.
"The bodies were found abandoned in areas of low traffic or creeks," he said, adding that the three women had "similar lifestyles."

...Authorities said they also hope to determine whether the women were killed by the same person. The two other women were found dead in 1997 and 2004, Cathey said.

Sharon House Pressley, 36, was found dead in September 1997 near the the border of Union and Cabarrus counties in North Carolina, Cathey said.

Christina Parker, 33, was found dead in January 2004 only a quarter of a mile from where Pressley was found, Cathey said.

More: http://www.morningnewsonline.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=FMN%2FMGArticle%2FFMN_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1137834315531&path=!news

A man was arrested today for this murder:

Authorities today said a state transportation department road crew worker who outwardly led "a regular life" has been charged with three counts of murder in the deaths of three women whose bodies were found over nine years in two states.
Scott Wilson Williams, 42, of Clontz Long Road, Monroe, was arrested about 1:30 a.m. today at his home, Union County Sheriff Eddie Cathey said at an afternoon press conference.

Cathey said Williams had no prior record and never been a suspect for anything in the past.

"He lived a regular life, worked a job, went to work every day," Cathey said. "He lived a normal life except for these three or four occasions."

Cathey was hesitant to describe the suspect as a "serial killer." He said the slayings weren't his original intent but developed from other actions. He would not elaborate.

more at link:
http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/14058095.htm

:furious: I would call him a serial killer. 3 murders and 1 attempted murder is a serial killer IMO.Glad they solved the cold cases for the families.

aussiegran said:
:furious: I would call him a serial killer. 3 murders and 1 attempted murder is a serial killer IMO.Glad they solved the cold cases for the families.
I would call him a serial killer too! That ticked me off.
Normal life? Oh, he led a normal life 'cept for these 2 or 3 times he jsut felt like killing some women from the streets! What kind of statement was that? :doh:
Oh, and the slaying weren't his "original" intent. What, then? He was just picking them up off the streets for jolly good time and then they wanted some money and he refused so he thought he'd kill them? Or what? What was his original intent? Russian roulette and he didn't know the gun was loaded? :doh: After thos STUPID statements,
I was wondering if the cops were in on it! Sheesh!

There's a discussion thread I started on this in the missing/located discussion forum. I bet there are more victims. This spanned over 9 years, right? How many missing women fit this profile who are unaccounted for?
I would bet there are at lest a few more.

I too would call him a serial killer. How many women does a person have to murder before he is considered a serial killer or is he just considered a serial killer if the women aren't hookers... in the eyes of this law enforcement officer? It sounds like this cop is making excuses for this killer. Doesn't he realize that these women are the loved ones of someone?

This man may have outwardly lived a normal life but he isn't normal. I wonder if he was married with children?

I'm glad that he was caught and would like to know just how that came about.

From July 2008:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article8994179.html

In a plea bargain with prosecutors Friday, serial killer Scott Wilson Williams was sentenced to life without parole in the shootings and dismemberment of three Charlotte-area women between 1997 and 2006...

Superior Court Judge Richard Boner handed Williams three consecutive life sentences. They involved the deaths of Sharon House Pressley in 1997, Christina Outz Parker in 2004 and Sharon Tucker Stone in 2006. Their bodies – mutilated in similar but increasingly gruesome ways – were found off rural roads in Union County and Chesterfield County, S.C.

Williams also entered Alford pleas to first-degree charges of kidnapping, rape and sexual offense against two more women in 1995 and 2000. Williams let both women go.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back