At Least 2 Dead As Plane Hits Calif. House

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
ROSEVILLE, Calif. - A single-engine plane that appeared to have been performing an aerobatic stunt lost control and crashed into a suburban home Sunday, killing at least two people and sparking a fire that gutted the house, police said.
The crash left a gaping, smoldering hole in the two-story house it directly hit and set fire to an adjacent house, damaging the garage and attic, said Roseville Fire Marshall Dennis Mathisen. One body was visible in the wreckage.

Placer County Deputy Coroner T. Sinclair confirmed that two people were on the plane, and a teenage boy who lived in the house was unaccounted for. Neighbors said the boy's family was out of town for the weekend, and it was unclear if he was home at the time.

More: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060213/ap_on_re_us/plane_crash;_ylt=AqsqI_AOtlhRojHhkJvyqKCs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3MjBwMWtkBHNlYwM3MTg-

This is only about 1/2 mile from my home! We were outside and heard lots of sirens coming from all directions, so we knew it was something major. There were helocopters hovering over there too. We didn't noticed the plane go over us, but it's very possible it did. I'm very sorry for the loss of life in this tragedy.

gardenmom said:
This is only about 1/2 mile from my home! We were outside and heard lots of sirens coming from all directions, so we knew it was something major. There were helocopters hovering over there too. We didn't noticed the plane go over us, but it's very possible it did. I'm very sorry for the loss of life in this tragedy.
I am glad it wasn't your house gardenmom. It is really sad.

Thanks, I'm sure a lot of people are feeling that way. I am trying to find out if the son was ever located. I sure hope so! I went on mapquest to find out just how far away we are, and it is almost 2 miles. I am so bad at judging distance! I do have a friends that live very close to there though. So I am glad they are OK.

What the heck was the pilot thinking doing aerobatics over a residential area???!!? :doh:

How sad... :( If it had to hit a house, thank God it hit a house with no one home.. Hopefully the teenager wasn't home at the time...

PaperDoll said:
How sad... :( If it had to hit a house, thank God it hit a house with no one home.. Hopefully the teenager wasn't home at the time...

It happened at 11:30 on a weekend, if he is anything like my teens..He was still sleeping ;)

I wonder how old he is. A teen can mean anything from 13 to 19. Can you imagine how the parents are feeling?! Of all the things that could go wrong when you leave a teen at home alone, I bet they never expected this!

I hope he was out goofing around with his buds.

Oh, man, this young man is still not accounted for. They think he was asleep. Please pray for this family.

There was growing concern Monday that a 19-year-old man who lived in the home that was destroyed may also have been killed. A Roseville Police Department spokeswoman said the man has yet to be accounted for.

"No contact, no cell phone call ... (the family) couldn't get a hold of him after they heard about the plane. He was actually up late playing video games. The roommate and the father saw him in the morning, sent him to bed ... he probably went to bed early in the morning, so he was definitely sleeping," the family's attorney, Matt Haberkorn, said.

http://www.kcra.com/news/7015761/detail.html

It's been confirmed that a third body, that of the teenage son, has been found in the home. My daughter's friend lives on the other side of the cross street from where this happens and she was afraid to go to sleep last night because she was afraid this might happen again. How sad.

To see more go to www.news10.net

gardenmom said:
Gardenmom..I just now read this thread. I didn't know about this crash. Thank goodness all of you are alright. Wow, how scary! I am glad it wasn't closer to your home. How very sad for the family though. Take care! :blowkiss:

That poor boy. I just hope he never knew what hit him. Thoughts for his family.

Cypros said:
That poor boy. I just hope he never knew what hit him. Thoughts for his family.
The early news reports said that the pilot was performing acrobatics at a fairly low altitude, when he lost control. Apparently a number of people in that neighborhood were watching him as they intended to report him, as he was flying too low, and over a populated area, against FAA regulations.

Buzzm1 said:
The early news reports said that the pilot was performing acrobatics at a fairly low altitude, when he lost control. Apparently a number of people in that neighborhood were watching him as they intended to report him, as he was flying too low, and over a populated area, against FAA regulations.
Buzz, that is what we have heard from friends that were outside during that time. My son saw it too, but only saw it flying low, not doing tricks. My daugther's friend was outside and said it did three loop d loops and then heard a boom. Poor judgement, at an extreme cost. We were outside too, but I don't remember seeing a plane.

gardenmom said:
It's been confirmed that a third body, that of the teenage son, has been found in the home. My daughter's friend lives on the other side of the cross street from where this happens and she was afraid to go to sleep last night because she was afraid this might happen again. How sad.

To see more go to www.news10.net

:( :( prayers going out to family and friends

:( :( :( Prayers and concern for the family and friends of the 19 yr old boy. How very devestating.

:mad: :furious: For the utter lack of regard for safety and life displayed by the pilot.
Sadly, he/she and two other totally innocent people have died and countless people have to cope and deal with the outcome of this misjudgement. :( :(

Coming up on the 11:00PM news--they are going to tell us who the pilot may have been trying to impress. There must be someone in that general neighborhood that the pilot knew. That was the pilot's own neighborhood.

i am so sorry to here about this.

my thoughts for family, friends, aand the community.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back