1273 users online (248 members and 1025 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Grandparents leave toddler in car, so they can drink

Have you seen this yet? Look at the picture of the "Grandparents" Read the article, I dont believe the daughter/mother did not know.

http://www.wftv.com/news/7008504/detail.html

Quote Originally Posted by lostfaith
    Have you seen this yet? Look at the picture of the "Grandparents" Read the article, I dont believe the daughter/mother did not know.

http://www.wftv.com/news/7008504/detail.html
    I'm with you. The mother needs to be questioned. Where, exactly, did she think her baby was?

How could the mom not have known??? She was working at the bar...where did she think her child was! People really piss me off!

Grandma is only 41 - she looks 81.

Lots of people do this. In a nearby town a woman went drinking in winter and left her child in the car asleep. She became so drunk she walked home and forgot her car (and her daughter). Police noticed the little girl in the car. She was scared and cold (it was sub-zero) she was dressed warm and didn't suffer any frost bite.... but what are people thinking? Around here it can get as low as 40 below on the thermometer and feel even colder if there is a wind.

I guess these sort of people are alchohalics and they seem to care more about booze than they do about there kids.

Quote Originally Posted by bugs
    I have noticed that people with drinking problems often look way more aged than they should.

I once met a man that I would have guessed was 60 or even 70. He seemed like and old and fairly feeble man. He was a friend of my ex-husbands and was a heavy drinker.

Later I met the man again after he had quit drinking and was amazed at his appearance. I didn't believe it was the same man. He now looked about 40 which was his actual age....so I guess some of the bad effects can be reversed.

String the scumbags up.
    Above is my opinion only

WOW! You know.. as a dispatcher, I got so many calls about this... People leave their kids in the middle of the winter so they can go in the tanning booth, get their nails and hair done, go to the bar, and yes... while they're inside a crackhouse.... It's despicable. It always sickened me. One thing that job taught me... There's a whole lotta stupid people out there.

This was common in the 50s/60s. You could look out from the local beer joint and watch your kids while you had a "good" time. Most of the time the kids would play in hide-and-seek or bring board games to play. It was done - just not talked about. It was wrong then and is wrong now...I can almost say with a certainty that mom knew about it.

Oh, yeah...the mom totally knew what was going on. Stupid, stupid people!

Quote Originally Posted by bugs
    thats what I thought too-

Quote Originally Posted by cathieq
    This was common in the 50s/60s. You could look out from the local beer joint and watch your kids while you had a "good" time. Most of the time the kids would play in hide-and-seek or bring board games to play. It was done - just not talked about. It was wrong then and is wrong now...I can almost say with a certainty that mom knew about it.
    If she didn't know about it, she should still be arrested for neglect. If she didn't ask the grandparents to care for the child, it means she didn't have a notion where they were.
    Above is my opinion only

The mom had to leave her child with them - how could she claim to have no idea?? Please.. She needs to come up with a better story than that!!
    That poor lilttle guy... I just do not understand what is going through the minds of some of these people.. I just don't get it.

So these people if they were "not caught" were just going to get behind the wheel of a car, after drinking, at night with a two year old baby in the back seat.

So in essence, not only did he police save the baby from freezing, they could have saved the life of the baby, the "two grandparents" and other innocent people on the road.

After all they did drive to the bar to drink.........and they would have to leave the same way - driving.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenEyedGirl
    Oh, yeah...the mom totally knew what was going on. Stupid, stupid people!

Ditto.

Utterly stupid, uncaring, ignorant, people. Some people should not be allowed to have children.