PonderingThings

Former member
Reaction score
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/177ufin.html
177UFIN.jpg

(more pics at link)

Unidentified White Female

* Located on December 29, 1996 in South Bend, St. Joseph County, Indiana
* Cause of death hasn't been determined, but homicide is likely.
* Date of Death: 12-18 months prior to discovery (June 1995-December 1995).
* Skeletal Remains

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 20 - 35 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'3"-5'7"; 130 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Medium length brown hair. She had no previous broken bones.
* Dentals: She had excellent dental hygiene. No Upper Lateral Incisors (genetic trait).
* Clothing: Some pieces of clothing were found, but there were no other items.
* AKA: Authorities refer to her as "Madison"

Case History
The victim was located by hunters just 6/10 miles from US Highway 31 at the foot of a power pylon on December 29, 1996.
The terrain in this area is very rough and is only accessible by 4-wheel drive vehicles. This area is about three miles south of South Bend, Indiana.

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/1620dfks.html

BLPendell3.jpg

(more photos at link)

Bridget Lee Pendell - Williamson
Missing since *January 12, 1996 from Wichita, Sedgwick County, Kansas
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

* Date Of Birth: June 12, 1973
* Age at Time of Disappearance: 23 years old
* Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"; 120 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown or blonde hair; brown or blue eyes.
* Marks, Scars: Tattoo(s): "yellow rose" upper thigh / buttock unknown side; a light blue "cat" wearing a pearl neacklace on abdomen above genital area; bracelet/"tribal" design on left and right upper arms. Scars: Bilateral scars 1.5" long in antecubital area; under chin; Two 2" scars on inner arms on both left and right.
* Dentals: Available
* Medical: Heroin addict.
* AKA: Bridget Williamson

Circumstances of Disappearance
Pendell - Williamson was last seen in Wichita, Kansas on January 12, 1996. Bridget followed the Grateful Dead rock band for years and eventually ended up addicted to heroin. Her family has not seen or heard from her since December 1996.
She has been listed as an endangered missing person since 1997 through the FBI's National Crime Information Center (NCIC). She was last seen in Wichita, Kansas, but is known to travel between California, Oregon, Vermont, New York, and Arizona.
*NOTE: Different agencies give different dates and places of disappearance. I have used the earliest date found. Other dates and places of disappearances include: 12/96 Wichita, Kansas; July 7, 1997 in San Francisco, California.

There is a strong resemblence to the reconstructions (especially under the chin area), and the stats match, but it may not be Bridget as she may have actually went missing much later.

The location where they found Jane Doe would be likely if she OD'd and someone wanted to get rid of the body - also the cause of death not being determined.

Don't know.

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/1283dfmo.html

JAKinsey2.jpg

More pics at link

Jessica Ann Kinsey
Missing since December 26, 1995 from Union, Franklin County, Missouri.
Classification: Endangered Runaway

Vital Statistics

* Date Of Birth: February 16, 1981
* Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
* Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5" (165 cm); 160 lbs (73 kg)
* Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown straight hair; hazel eyes.
* Marks, Scars, Tattoos: She has a small scar on the inside of her left forearm near her elbow and may have a tattoo on her neck of the word "Capone". She wears eyeglasses. Pierced ears.
* Dentals: Dental X-rays available.
* Clothing: Hunter green scrunchie, green leather jacket, green Levi jeans, black tennis shoes and sweatshirt.

Kinsey disappeared from Union, MO on December 26, 1995. She was last seen entering Dollar Inn Motel, In Cloverdale, Indiana, in the early evening hours. She was in the company of two males. She checked into a room with one of the males. The police have been able to trace where he went after leaving the motel, and that he was alone. They traveled in a 1994-2-door-Aqua Blue- Chevy Cavalier. The car was reported stolen on December 27, 1995, from the motel parking lot.
The police believe she may be in the West Los Angeles area.

Possible match?:
1. There is some resemblence to the reconstruction... but you have to look really hard. The age progression photo of Jessica is more helpful IMO.
2. The stats match EXCEPT Jessica was only 14 when she disappeared.
3. Jessica was last seen 4.5 hours away from where Jane Doe was found. The man she was with stole a car from the motel and was seen leaving alone - could she have been inside the car? LE know which way he went... could he have driven to an area that he knew to dump the body?

Again... in the I don't know grouping....

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/1313dfca.html

CLLeama.jpg

Connie Lyn Leama
Missing since December 25, 1995 from the San Fernando Valley area, Los Angeles County, California.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

* Date Of Birth: February 3, 1964
* Age at Time of Disappearance: 31 years old
* Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'8"; 125 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; hazel eyes.

Leama was last heard from by her family on December 25, 1995 possibly from a halfway house in the San Fernando Valley area.

Possible match?
1. There is a strong resesemblence between the photos and the stats match.
2. Problem I have is what would she be doing in South Bend, Indiana in a remote area? Unless she went with someone to their home town to celebrate the holidays?

Don't know.

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/1285dfpa.html

ALDaley.jpg

Angie Lynn Daley
Missing since August 24, 1995 from Waynesboro, Franklin County, Pennsylvania.
Classification: Endangered Runaway

Vital Statistics

* Date Of Birth: November 28, 1977
* Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 years old
* Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'8" (142 cm); 100 lbs (45 kg)
* Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
* Marks, Scars, Tattoos: A 1 inch scar on her forehead and a cross tattoo between her thumb and forefinger.

Daley was last seen on August 24, 1995 in Waynesboro, PA. She visited a residence at Hawbaker Avenue in Waynesboro, PA. After leaving, she never returned home. The investigation into Daley's disappearance has been ongoing since her mother reported her missing on September 9, 1995. She had a history of running away from home and not returning for long stretches of time.
There is no indication that foul play was involved in Daley's disappearance. Some of Daley's friends who were interviewed after she disappeared reported family problems. Another friend mentioned that the night Daley vanished, she said she was planning to go on the road with a truck driver.
There may have been a possibility she was dabbling in drugs. Both parents confirmed they have not had any contact with her since August 1995.
Possible match?:
1. This is a WOW match to the new reconstruction on the Doe Network page.
2. Angie is listed as shorter and younger than the estimate for Jane Doe.
3. Angie is thought to have possibly went on the road with a truck driver. That might explain the 10 hour seperation of the two cities.

This is so close to the reconstruction I'm going to send an email.

Unidentified White Female
  • Located on December 29, 1996 in South Bend, St. Joseph County, Indiana
  • Cause of death hasn't been determined, but homicide is likely.
  • Date of Death: 12-18 months prior to discovery (June 1995-December 1995).
  • Skeletal Remains

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 20 - 35 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'3"-5'7"; 130 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Medium length brown hair. She had no previous broken bones.
  • Dentals: She had excellent dental hygiene. No Upper Lateral Incisors (genetic trait).
  • Clothing: Some pieces of clothing were found, but there were no other items.
  • AKA: Authorities refer to her as "Madison"

Case History
The victim was located by hunters just 6/10 miles from US Highway 31 at the foot of a power pylon on December 29, 1996.
The terrain in this area is very rough and is only accessible by 4-wheel drive vehicles. This area is about three miles south of South Bend, Indiana.
Authorities have checked the dentals and found this unidentified person not to be Peggy A Davis, 1336DFIL from Illinois, nor Cindy Lesko, 1072DFMI nor Margaret Sherman, 1316DFIN, nor Wendy R Smith, 1441dfon, nor Rene M Roof, 396dfca, nor Anjanette Piotrowski, 1504dfny, nor Melissa Crabill, 1281dftx, nor Brenda Snouffer, 1288dffl, nor Jodi Sue Huisentruit, 1326dfia, nor Melissa Clifton, 1335dffl. Info added at the request of police.

I guess the height rules out Dail Dinwiddie. To see her picture click the last link in my sig line.

Dail Boxley Dinwiddie attended a concert of the band U2 in Columbia, South Carolina with friends on September 23, 1992. The concert ended at approximately 11:15 p.m.; Dail and her group then stopped at Jungle Jim's, a nightclub in the Five Points' area of Columbia. She was last seen at approximately 1:30 am on September 24 by an employee at the club. Her friends lost track of her at the club and assumed she had a ride home; they left at approximately 1:00 a.m. Dail apparently spoke to the bouncer for 15 minutes before walking out the door between 1:15 and 1:30 a.m. She was last seen walking north on Harden Street and has never been seen again. She was wearing a long-sleeved olive green shirt, a bright blue LL Bean jacket tied around her waist, jeans and new white running shoes or brown boots at the time of her disappearance.

Dail was missed at 6:15 a.m. when her father saw that the lights and radio were on in her room and her bed had not been slept in. He called all of her friends and none of them knew her whereabouts, so he reported her missing at 8:30 a.m. The Columbia police treated Dinwiddie's disappearance as a kidnapping, since everyone who knew her said it would be very uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning. She is described as a cautious person who did not like to be out alone.

Date of Birth: April 12, 1969
Date Missing: September 24, 1992
From City/State: Columbia, SC
Age at Time of Disapperance: 23
Race: White
Height: 60 inches
Weight: 96 pounds
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Complexion: Medium
Identifying Characteristics: Pierced ears.
Clothing: Olive green long sleeve shirt, faded blue jeans, brown boots.
Circumstances of Disappearance: Unknown.
Investigative Agency: Columbia Police Department
Phone: (803) 233-8474
Investigative Case #: 92-31749
Dail Boxley Dinwiddie attended a concert of the band U2 in Columbia, South Carolina with friends on September 23, 1992. The concert ended at approximately 11:15 p.m.; Dail and her group then stopped at Jungle Jim's, a nightclub in the Five Points' area of Columbia. She was last seen at approximately 1:30 am on September 24 by an employee at the club. Her friends lost track of her at the club and assumed she had a ride home; they left at approximately 1:00 a.m. Dail apparently spoke to the bouncer for 15 minutes before walking out the door between 1:15 and 1:30 a.m. She was last seen walking north on Harden Street and has never been seen again. She was wearing a long-sleeved olive green shirt, a bright blue LL Bean jacket tied around her waist, jeans and new white running shoes or brown boots at the time of her disappearance.

Dail was missed at 6:15 a.m. when her father saw that the lights and radio were on in her room and her bed had not been slept in. He called all of her friends and none of them knew her whereabouts, so he reported her missing at 8:30 a.m. The Columbia police treated Dinwiddie's disappearance as a kidnapping, since everyone who knew her said it would be very uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning. She is described as a cautious person who did not like to be out alone.

Date of Birth: April 12, 1969
Date Missing: September 24, 1992
From City/State: Columbia, SC
Age at Time of Disapperance: 23
Race: White
Height: 60 inches
Weight: 96 pounds
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Complexion: Medium
Identifying Characteristics: Pierced ears.
Clothing: Olive green long sleeve shirt, faded blue jeans, brown boots.
Circumstances of Disappearance: Unknown.
Investigative Agency: Columbia Police Department
Phone: (803) 233-8474
Investigative Case #: 92-31749

If you believe you have any information regarding this case that will be helpful in this investigation please contact Columbia Police Department at (803) 233-8474.

The Kristen Foundation
2330 Bonnie Butler Way, Charlotte, NC 28270-4415
(704) 846-7408 Help@KristenFoundation.org

Looks like they added some information (since last I looked, been awhile) thought i'd put it here..

"Authorities have checked the dentals and found this unidentified person not to be Peggy A Davis, 1336DFIL from Illinois, nor Cindy Lesko, 1072DFMI nor Margaret Sherman, 1316DFIN, nor Wendy R Smith, 1441dfon, nor Rene M Roof, 396dfca, nor Anjanette Piotrowski, 1504dfny, nor Melissa Crabill, 1281dftx, nor Brenda Snouffer, 1288dffl, nor Jodi Sue Huisentruit, 1326dfia, nor Melissa Clifton, 1335dffl. Info added at the request of police."

22-years-ago, Amanda Fravel left the downtown Las Vegas area to run some errands and hasn't been seen since. She came to Las Vegas to start over and there hasn't been a trace of her since 1986.

Metro detective Pat Febbraro has dusted off Amanda's missing persons file after getting a call from law enforcement in Indiana. A skull and some bones were found there in 1996, but recently a possible match to Fravel showed up in a national crime database.

http://www.lasvegasnow.com/global/story.asp?s=7979459

Was looking at the namus cases in my state and ran across this one.... looks like they've added some more rule outs and seems to me there is a good chance she can be identified...

UPdated Rule Outs:
Veronica Blumhorst 1969 Illinois
Clarissa Culberson 1974 Ohio
Clarissa Culberson 1974 Ohio
Dail Dinwiddie 1969 South Carolina
Melanie Flynn 1952 Kentucky
Dawn Haines 1967 Kentucky
Nelda Hardwick 1959 Louisiana
Jodi Huisentruit 1968 Iowa
Deborah McCall 1963 Illinois
Dawn Miller 1970 Pennsylvania
Barbara Monaco 1960 Virginia
Eleanor Parker 1962 Louisiana
Dean Pyle Peters 1966 Michigan
Tricia Reitler 1974 Indiana
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
Tiffany Sessions 1968 Florida
Sharon Sons 1965 Kentucky
Heather Teague 1972 Kentucky
Carol Wood 1966 New York

Updated doe: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/177ufin.html

Authorities have requested that the following missing females be posted on this case file as being RULED-OUT as 177UFIN:
Peggy A Davis - 1336DFIL (dentals)
Cindy Lesko - 1072DFMI
Margaret Sherman - 1316DFIN
Wendy R Smith - 1441DFON
Rene M Roof - 396DFCA
Anjanette Piotrowski - 1504DFNY
Melissa Crabill - 1281DFTX
Brenda Snouffer - 1288DFFL
Jodi Sue Huisentruit - 1326DFIA
Melissa Clifton - 1335DFFL
Amanda Fravel - 2491DFNV

Interesting info about the possible spondylolysis on her 5th lumbar(spine). http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00053
Usually teenagers who are involved in gymnastics, football, or weight lifting have this condition.

Namus file: https://identifyus.org/cases/782

Namus lists her as being 110 lbs.

Well that is even more creepy, considering I was a gymnast at the time this doe was found. It was a very popular sport then, so it is possible.
The weight also matches, because gymnasts are very tiny.

The major clue for this jane doe is the bit about "No Upper Lateral Incisors (genetic trait)". This shoud be visible in smiling photographs.

I ran a screen for possible missing women going back 3 years from the date of discovery, and looked for woman with smiling photographs who appear to be missing the lateral incisors (i.e., 7 and 10).

It's a little difficult to tell because sometimes the canine teeth (which in this circumstance would be adjacent to her two upper-central incisors (8 and 9)) are difficult to distinguish from the lateral incisors. But I looked for women who, when smiling broadly, only show three teeth on each side of midline. Normally (my own unscientific observation), when people with a full set of teeth are smiling broadly, you can see at least 4-5 teeth on each side of the midline. When I smile in a mirror, I can see five teeth on each side of the midline.

So with that in mind, I looked for possibles not on the rule-out list and found ...
Terri Ann Fourcher
2956694990045078242S600x600Q85.jpg
___
2177489120045078242S600x600Q85.jpg
2953253140045078242S600x600Q85.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/fourcher_terri.html

It is difficult to tell from that photo whether the teeth adjacent to her 8 & 9 are canines (6 & 11) or lateral-incisors (7 & 10), but it looks to me like she is missing 7 & 10.

The timeline is a little narrow compared to the 1-2 year PM interval estimate. But her vital stats are in line, and she has a similar facial shape.

BTW, since the UID was described as having "excellent dental hygiene", I suspect that the messed up teeth in the facial reconstruction are a postmortem condition. I suppose that one can have "excellent dental hygene" and chipped and missing teeth, but that just seems inconsistent IMO.

FWIW, my oldest son (and my ex husband) are both missing 7 and 10. My son had braces, so his teeth are all touching. Other than the fact that the 2 teeth next to his front teeth are pointier than they would be normally, you wouldn't really know by looking at him that he is missing teeth. So I agree, it could be difficult to ascertain from a photo.

Having said that, the crooked smile on Terri seems consistent with the reconstruction in the middle and her brow line seems to match the one on the right. That's a good find, I think.

The major clue for this jane doe is the bit about "No Upper Lateral Incisors (genetic trait)". This shoud be visible in smiling photographs.

I ran a screen for possible missing women going back 3 years from the date of discovery, and looked for woman with smiling photographs who appear to be missing the lateral incisors (i.e., 7 and 10).

It's a little difficult to tell because sometimes the canine teeth (which in this circumstance would be adjacent to her two upper-central incisors (8 and 9)) are difficult to distinguish from the lateral incisors. But I looked for women who, when smiling broadly, only show three teeth on each side of midline. Normally (my own unscientific observation), when people with a full set of teeth are smiling broadly, you can see at least 4-5 teeth on each side of the midline. When I smile in a mirror, I can see five teeth on each side of the midline.

So with that in mind, I looked for possibles not on the rule-out list and found ...
Terri Ann Fourcher
2956694990045078242S600x600Q85.jpg
___
2177489120045078242S600x600Q85.jpg
2953253140045078242S600x600Q85.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/fourcher_terri.html

It is difficult to tell from that photo whether the teeth adjacent to her 8 & 9 are canines (6 & 11) or lateral-incisors (7 & 10), but it looks to me like she is missing 7 & 10.

The timeline is a little narrow compared to the 1-2 year PM interval estimate. But her vital stats are in line, and she has a similar facial shape.

BTW, since the UID was described as having "excellent dental hygiene", I suspect that the messed up teeth in the facial reconstruction are a postmortem condition. I suppose that one can have "excellent dental hygene" and chipped and missing teeth, but that just seems inconsistent IMO.

thanks for the explanation of the teeth Carl, but I think the perp was relatively local even if the victim was not as local. while we hear of cases where bodies are dumped on the side of an interstate, this UID was found in rugged terrain accessible only by 4 wheel drive vehicles.

I would think the person who killed her and dumped the body was familiar with the location and had the type of vehicle at his disposal. an interstate trucker is not likely to have a spare vehicle around to run a side job of dumping a body.

just my take on it.

thanks for the explanation of the teeth Carl, but I think the perp was relatively local even if the victim was not as local. while we hear of cases where bodies are dumped on the side of an interstate, this UID was found in rugged terrain accessible only by 4 wheel drive vehicles.

I would think the person who killed her and dumped the body was familiar with the location and had the type of vehicle at his disposal. an interstate trucker is not likely to have a spare vehicle around to run a side job of dumping a body.

just my take on it.

From Terri's narrative it says that she had a date with someone while at the Flamingo Hilton in Reno. It doesn't say that he was a trucker. And considering that Reno is a tourist destination for people all over the country, her "date" may have been from Indiana, and took her back there before killing her.

Certainly looks possible, and while the circumstances seem to be a bit of a stretch, there's nothing to rule it out, either.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back