FL FL - Ali Gilmore, 30, Tallahassee, 3 Feb 2006

cdt0283

Reaction score
State employee goes missing
No answers yet in disappearance of pregnant woman

It wasn't like Ali Gilmore to not show up to work - let alone not call. When Gilmore didn't show up Friday or Monday, her supervisor called the police department around 8 p.m. Monday. After talking to neighbors, co-workers and family members in her hometown of West Palm Beach, police are calling it a missing-person case, according to Tallahassee police Lt. Edward Smith, head of the criminal investigations unit.

"At this point, we don't know if there's foul play," Smith said. "But, we're ruling it as suspicious."

continued....
http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060208/NEWS01/602080326/1010

Oh Lord, another one. The pregnant female is right up there with gang murders.She probably won't be found safe as they are almost never found safe. We have got to dig further.

concernedperson said:
Oh Lord, another one. The pregnant female is right up there with gang murders.She probably won't be found safe as they are almost never found safe. We have got to dig further.

My thoughts exactally. Well so far we have a husband and wife who are seperated with the wife 4 months pregnant. I wonder why the couple are seperated and how long they've been seperated. Was there a boyfriend in the picture? Hate to say it but I hope LE take a good long look at any men in this gals life. It sure would be nice to get some good news instead of the way these cases usually turn out.

ALI has been missing since Feb 3.....

There are few clues in this case according to LE.

There's almost no information in those articles - she works at the Health Department, and Publix grocery store, and was well-loved by family and co-workers, and was pregnant.

No word about whether her car is missing, her purse, who the father of her baby is, when she was last seen, etc.

Prayers for her safe return.

She didn't just up and leave. She has family and steady work. Lots of friends too it seems.

Anything new on Ali?
We are hoping for a safe return Ali! You are in our prayers.

Search for Gilmore continues
TPD offers $10,000 for information on missing woman

February 23, 2006

After three weeks of receiving few clues into the disappearance of a pregnant Tallahassee woman, the Tallahassee Police Department is offering $10,000 for information leading to her whereabouts.

Police are hoping that someone will come forward with solid information on 30-year-old Ali Gilmore, who worked for the Florida Department of Health and Publix.

This is the first time TPD has offered a reward in a missing-person investigation. Crime Stoppers also will pay $1,000 for information.

"We're going to give a 100-percent effort," TPD Chief Walt McNeil said. He said police have been working "around the clock" and looking into any leads.

Police are calling the case suspicious and now think there may be foul play involved because of how long Gilmore's been missing.

"You never have enough (tips), because you always want more," TPD spokesman John Newland said. "Until we find her, we're not going to let it go."

Her disappearance has triggered a strong, emotional reaction from friends and co-workers. More than 150 people attended a vigil in her Wilson Green neighborhood days after she was reported missing. Last Saturday, friends headed out to south-side neighborhoods and handed out fliers, hoping that their effort would generate information.

Gilmore and her husband, James Gilmore, were separated at the time of her disappearance. Newland said he's been cooperative during the investigation, but no one has been ruled out as a suspect.

Continued:

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060223/NEWS01/602230322/1010

concernedperson said:
:( I agree she has been missing to long now.I hope they find her soon either way.Our list is growing much longer .

This case is very strange. She seems to have just vanished. I saw the billboard today over in the area where she lives. Hopefully they can get some more up and possibly create some leads.

South Florida firm helps

Originally published March 9, 2006

Efforts to get tips on Ali Gilmore's disappearance have trickled to her hometown of West Palm Beach.

In addition to the local Crime Stoppers' reward pool, another reward fund has been created by Catalfumo Construction and Development of Palm Beach Gardens. Gilmore's father, Carl McLawrence, works for the company. So far, employees have collected $2,200 for the reward, and they continue collecting money for travel and lodging expenses as the family goes from West Palm Beach to Tallahassee.

Continued at link with more information on reward and how to contribute:

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...330/1010/NEWS01

:( I feel so sorry for her family ,its been so long since she dissappeared .

So many women have just disappeared into thin air never to be seen or heard from again. I feel so bad for all of the families who have missing loved ones. It has to be so horrible not knowing where your loved one is and having all kinds of horrible things running through your mind day in and day out. I just don't know how the families get through it. I don't know if I could without just losing it altogether.

Anyone have any ideas about this husband? I listened to an interview with him and it sounded like they were working on getting back together. They were supposed to meet for couseling the morning she disappeared but he said he over slept and she didn't show. When he said that I thought....well if you were trying to put your marriage back together how could you over sleep? Didn't you set your alarm? I would have thought the appt. would have been pretty important. He said he didn't call the therapist after he woke up around 10:00-10:30 a.m. so he wasn't aware that Ali hadn't shown up either.
I guess I always suspect the husband, etc, because it usually is them.

Posted: April 4, 2006

<snip>

The Klaas Kids Foundation is coming to Tallahassee to help organize a massive search for Ali Gilmore. Gilmore has been missing for two months now, and friends and colleagues are hoping hundreds of people will turn out this weekend to help them search for clues.

Ali Gilmore's co-workers at the Florida Department of Health will pull on boots and gloves Saturday and join as many as 300 others in scouring the southside woods for signs of their friend.

The community search is being organized by the Klaas Kids Foundation, which is named after 12-year-old Polly Klaas who was kidnapped and murdered in California more than a decade ago. Foundation members now travel the country and coordinate searches primarily for missing children.

The Klaas Kids Foundation will begin its search at 9 a.m. Saturday morning with a second wave Saturday afternoon, and it'll do it all again on Sunday.
Continued:

http://www.wctv6.com/home/headlines/2578386.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer