1167 users online (223 members and 944 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

TX - Margaret Schlosser, 10 mos, arms cut off, dies, Plano, 22 Nov 2004 *Insanity*

Plano baby dies after arms cut off

02:42 PM CST on Monday, November 22, 2004

By JENNIFER EMILY / The Dallas Morning News

A 1-month-old baby died Monday after her arms were cut off, reportedly by her mother, Plano police said.

A 35-year-old woman called 911 Monday morning to report that she had cut off her infant’s arms. When authorities arrived, they found a 1-month-old child with her arms severed. Police said the woman was waiting calmly, with blood on her clothing, when they arrived.

The baby was taken to nearby Plano Medical Center about noon, where she died, Plano police spokesman Carl Duke said.

The name of the woman was not immediately released. Police were questioning her Monday afternoon.

Authorities said other family members, including two school-age children, live in the unit at the Fairway Apartments, just north of Plano Medical Center on Coit Road. However, none were in the apartment at the time.

www.dallasnews.com

(I don't even know what to say).

My sister lives in Plano. This is so sad. That poor little baby. How could a mother do that?
    KrisCo

I don't know what to say either

Did you see my thread on the woman who treated her 2 year olds gun shot wound with Tylenol and a nap?

I'll bet you next year's salary that she's going to come up with post partum depression/psychosis.

probably..

poor little baby, I still don't know what to say

I think I am going to be

How could she do that?

You are right Jeana! They will say it was Post-partum depression.

OMG, that made me instantly sick...That poor baby, I will never understand how someone could do this, let alone her mother. I feel ill now, shouldn't have read this, so sad.....

The hell and pain that baby went through makes me

I can't even think straight on this one. I hope someone gets ahold of her in jail. Sorry, I can't help but feel this way.

Sometimes I do despair of humanity

To consciously take a baby's arm and sever it, then to proceed, presumably without reflection and remorse, to severe the other arm. Something more sinister is at play here, something so awful it pains to even contemplate.

There must be a physiological and/or psychological explanation for a mother to suddenly snap like that, but to me it suggests that the post-partum depression was merely the precursor that somehow triggered a deeper psychosis that had hitherto lain dormant.

I would be interested to know of past violent behaviour as a child and/or if she has been a victim of abuse or violence -- the memories of which may have been repressed up to this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    I'll bet you next year's salary that she's going to come up with post partum depression/psychosis.
    You were right, Jeana. (What is it with Texas and Moms w/PPD killing their babies?)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,139326,00.html
    ďI know God wonít give me anything I canít handle. Sometimes I just wish He didnít trust me so much.Ē Elizabeth Smart

First Andrea Yates, now this...

This has got to be one of the most gruesome things I've ever heard about. I usually have a pretty strong stomach, but reading about this made me want to toss my Cheerios.

That poor baby.
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

GO STEELERS!

I just heard the Mother has a history of post partum depression/mental illness (so just like with Andrea Yates Im left asking "WHY HAVE ANOTHER CHILD???").
    I also heard the 911 call.Clearly the woman was in some sort of mental state as she had such a flat effect.
    This is a VERY ill woman who ,like Andrea,has likely been failed by family and the medical community.She should be held accountable for her actions but I do belive she is/was suffering from psychosis.
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

These are times when sterilization should be mandatory!

Reports of prior investigations due to episodes of PPD in the past.
    The police book-in photo is really creepy. The maniac mother is smiling.

So, the baby was 10 months old, not one month. Somehow that makes it worse. I didn't think it could get worse.

If her insanity defense doesn't work out, they could ask for the death penalty. Before Andrea Yates, I didn't think anyone that sick could actually be found competent, but now I'm not so sure. Could go either way.

Dasgal, that smile is very creepy.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast