FL - Zachary Bennett, 5, stomped to death, Key West, 15 April 2003

aussiegran

Reaction score
KEY WEST, Fla. -- A Florida man has been convicted of murder and child abuse in the death of his young son.

A jury deliberated just two hours before finding Christopher Bennett, 31, guilty of stomping his 5-year-old, Zachary, to death in April 2003. The boy died of a ruptured liver, a bleeding brain and broken ribs.

A report from Florida's social service agency said the boy never should have been placed in his father's care. Bennett has a long arrest record for battery, domestic violence and selling cocaine.

After less than two hours of jury deliberation, Bennett was found guilty of first-degree murder and aggravated child abuse.

Bennett's sentencing phase begins April 4.
http://www.ksat.com/news/7041064/detail.html
:banghead: :banghead: I hope he gets DP

OMG, that poor little boy. What an SOB !! I would lvoe to see Bubba stomp on him when he gets to prison!

Acts such as this are quickly making me into a very "uncivilized" person...I'm beyond anger...I'm becoming physically sick (mentally). I know longer want to know "why"...'nough said. This is the second post I've read in the last 3 minutes about killing a child....:furious:

cathieq said:
Acts such as this are quickly making me into a very "uncivilized" person...I'm beyond anger...I'm becoming physically sick (mentally). I know longer want to know "why"...'nough said. This is the second post I've read in the last 3 minutes about killing a child....:furious:
I totally agree with you! This is getting out of hand and something needs to be done to stop these b*stards! :behindbar

I want to know why the little boy was with his father. Was the mother worse then the father?? I wonder if Child Protective Services had ever investigated this home. I can't stand to think of the terror that little guy went through at the hands and feet of his father. Oh I hope this guy gets just what he deserves in prison. I mean beat to a pulp everytime he turns around...broken bones and everything else....but he lives to feel the next beating.

From the Article

"In 2004 the mother and great-grandmother of Zachary Bennett settled a civil suit with the Department of Children and Families for $160,000 after the agency placed the boy in the care of his father despite the man's long, violent criminal record"

Sounds to me like a custody dispute and DCF sent the child with the father anyhow despite his past.

With this kind of trauma, it happened so fast, the stomping that he probably went numb and didn't feel any pain, and died pretty quick...at least i hope, i mean WTF!!!!

~wildangel~ said:
With this kind of trauma, it happened so fast, the stomping that he probably went numb and didn't feel any pain, and died pretty quick...at least i hope, i mean WTF!!!!
I pray that you are correct. That poor, poor baby. May this man get what he deserves!

Christopher L. Bennett

Housed: Dade Correctional Institution
Sentence Date: 05/22/2006

Offense: 1st Degree Murder/Commission of a Felony
Sentence: Life

Offense: Aggravated Child Abuse
Sentence: 30 years

Current Release Date: Sentenced to Life

Why, oh WHY!?!?! How the hell can someone STOMP a child to death? What is WRONG with people? Grrr. I honestly can't help but feel like stomping him myself!!! I can only hope that he doesn't do so well in prison and yet, I feel guilty for feeling this way. Ugh...

Why, oh WHY!?!?! How the hell can someone STOMP a child to death? What is WRONG with people? Grrr. I honestly can't help but feel like stomping him myself!!! I can only hope that he doesn't do so well in prison and yet, I feel guilty for feeling this way. Ugh...

why feel guilty? i might now feel like i could shoot robbers in the back or kill baby killers myself but i dont condemn those who would.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back