VT - Michael Draper for sexual assault of 13yo girl, Morristown, 2005

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
A judge has rejected a plea-bargained three month prison sentence for a Morristown man accused of attempting to sexually assault a teenage girl. Last fall 41-year-old Michael Draper was charged with fondling--slapping--and making death threats to a 13-year-old girl he allegedly lured into his mobile home. Draper pleaded innocent to attempted aggravated sexual assault which carries a potential life sentence. Draper's lawyers argued that the incident occurred because Draper was unable to afford his psychiatric medication. This week District Judge Dennis Pearson REJECTED a proposed plea deal that would have sent Draper to prison for 88 days followed by probation and violence counseling. Pearson was reportedly concerned that the charge was too severe and the punishment too lenient. He asked the state and Draper's lawyer to work on a new deal.

http://tv3.wcax.com/n/tue6p.htm

The charge was too severe? What else would you call it when a guy attempts to assault a 13 year old child? Though I can agree 88 days is too lenient a sentence!

mysteriew said:
The charge was too severe? What else would you call it when a guy attempts to assault a 13 year old child? Though I can agree 88 days is too lenient a sentence!
Hi Mysteriview,
I thought the same as you.

mysteriew said:

I think that the judge was agreeing that the charge was severe....to severe for the man to just get 88 days in jail. That is how I understood it when I heard about it last night. The judge told the Pros and defense attorney that he didn't care what agreement they had decided...it wasn't going to happen. He wants a tougher sentence for this pervert. This judge is one of the good guys.

On the other side of town there was a judge who gave a man a 4 yr sentence
for performing sodimy on his little girl...over and over. 4 lousy years??!! This judge is one of the bad guys.

Bobbisangel said:
I heard about it last night.
Hi Bobbisangel,:)
How are you doing?
Where did you read this on monday?They only had it on our news tuesday at 6pm.They really did not say much on it,just what I posted.If you have a link,that would be nice.
I am sure that Mysteriew knew what was being said.

dark_shadows said:
Hi Bobbisangel,:)
How are you doing?
Where did you read this on monday?They only had it on our news tuesday at 6pm.They really did not say much on it,just what I posted.If you have a link,that would be nice.
I am sure that Mysteriew knew what was being said.
I actually hadn't heard about it, until I read the article you posted.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back