1147 users online (275 members and 872 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

VT - udge rejects 3 month sentence

A judge has rejected a plea-bargained three month prison sentence for a Morristown man accused of attempting to sexually assault a teenage girl. Last fall 41-year-old Michael Draper was charged with fondling--slapping--and making death threats to a 13-year-old girl he allegedly lured into his mobile home. Draper pleaded innocent to attempted aggravated sexual assault which carries a potential life sentence. Draper's lawyers argued that the incident occurred because Draper was unable to afford his psychiatric medication. This week District Judge Dennis Pearson REJECTED a proposed plea deal that would have sent Draper to prison for 88 days followed by probation and violence counseling. Pearson was reportedly concerned that the charge was too severe and the punishment too lenient. He asked the state and Draper's lawyer to work on a new deal.

http://tv3.wcax.com/n/tue6p.htm

The charge was too severe? What else would you call it when a guy attempts to assault a 13 year old child? Though I can agree 88 days is too lenient a sentence!
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    The charge was too severe? What else would you call it when a guy attempts to assault a 13 year old child? Though I can agree 88 days is too lenient a sentence!
    Hi Mysteriview,
    I thought the same as you.

I think that the judge was agreeing that the charge was severe....to severe for the man to just get 88 days in jail. That is how I understood it when I heard about it last night. The judge told the Pros and defense attorney that he didn't care what agreement they had decided...it wasn't going to happen. He wants a tougher sentence for this pervert. This judge is one of the good guys.

On the other side of town there was a judge who gave a man a 4 yr sentence
    for performing sodimy on his little girl...over and over. 4 lousy years??!! This judge is one of the bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel
    I heard about it last night.
    Hi Bobbisangel,
    How are you doing?
    Where did you read this on monday?They only had it on our news tuesday at 6pm.They really did not say much on it,just what I posted.If you have a link,that would be nice.
    I am sure that Mysteriew knew what was being said.

Quote Originally Posted by dark_shadows
    Hi Bobbisangel,
    How are you doing?
    Where did you read this on monday?They only had it on our news tuesday at 6pm.They really did not say much on it,just what I posted.If you have a link,that would be nice.
    I am sure that Mysteriew knew what was being said.
    I actually hadn't heard about it, until I read the article you posted.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I actually hadn't heard about it, until I read the article you posted.
    Hi Mysteriew,I was responding to the post that Bobbisangel posted for youright after my reply to you.