687 users online (118 members and 569 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sago Mine Survivor UPDATES THREAD

CHARLESTON, W.Va. - The survivor of the Sago Mine disaster is slowly learning to speak again, answering questions and learning to articulate words at a rehabilitation hospital, a family spokeswoman said Wednesday.

Randal L. McCloy Jr., 26, sometimes responds with a single word, but also uses phrases to answer relatives and therapists, said Aly Goodwin Gregg, a spokeswoman for McCloy's family. Some of his communication is clear, but much is still difficult to understand.

link to article
    Freethought is a philosophy not a policy-
    "The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of my employer, not necessarily mine, and probably not necessary."

Aww he's getting better, that's wonderful. I wonder if he knows what happened to him.

Quote Originally Posted by indigomood
    CHARLESTON, W.Va. - The survivor of the Sago Mine disaster is slowly learning to speak again, answering questions and learning to articulate words at a rehabilitation hospital, a family spokeswoman said Wednesday.

Randal L. McCloy Jr., 26, sometimes responds with a single word, but also uses phrases to answer relatives and therapists, said Aly Goodwin Gregg, a spokeswoman for McCloy's family. Some of his communication is clear, but much is still difficult to understand.

link to article

Anna McCloy Breaks Her Silence

http://www.wtrf.com/story.cfm?func=v...y&storyid=9069

Posted 2/28/2006 06:21 PM

Exclusive: In an interview you'll only see on 12 News, Anna McCloy, wife of lone Sago Mine survivor Randal, says her husband remembers the disaster and occasionally talks about it.
    "The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of my employer, not necessarily mine, and probably not necessary."

Bless his heart, I wish him and his family
    peace and love!
    Against The Wind....

Thumbs up Transcript of Interview with Anna McCloy and Russell Biundo, M.D.

EXCLUSIVE:Transcript of Interview with Anna McCloy and Russell Biundo, M.D.
    Posted 3/1/2006 05:53 PM

*snippet*

Dr. Russell Biundo (Randy McCloys Doctor)

Hows Randy doing?

Hes progressed amazingly well. I think hes shocked almost everyone whos been involved in his care. And he continues to shock all of us. His recovery has been unparalleled. Weve never seen anyone with that degree of brain injury recover so quickly.

Can you give me specifics? What things are you seeing from him that are so shocking and amazing?

First and foremost, hes able to speak. Hes able to articulate.

His kidney function has improved back to normal. His respiratory status is normal. His breathing tube has been removed.

Is he having to relearn how to do simple things? Or is that part of memory that hes kept?

He has difficulty maintaining a full conversation like you and I are, but hes moving in that direction. For example, Ill walk into the room and Ill say hi Randy, and hell say hi Dr. B.

Hes able to remember things from a day to day basis. Thats important because hes starting to form memory, which he couldnt do before.

This is like a new life for him. Its like a renaissance. Its like a resurrection basically. Hes a new person, a different person. The way hes thinking now, the new memories hes forming.

Some of the old memory. Im not certain how much he remembers. Its difficult to tell at this point, especially in regard to the accident and all that. Were not clear on that.

link to article

Doctors Predict Complete Recovery for Miner

Randal McCloy Doesn't Know He Is the Only Person Who Survived Sago Mine Blast

March 2, 2006 Randal McCloy, the sole survivor of the Sago Mine explosion, can now make conversation and joke around, and his doctors are predicting a complete recovery in a year. He knows he is a miracle

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Mine/story...s0312&gma=true

His story is amazing! He was saved for a reason, IMO. God bless him and his family!

I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours.

He doesn't know about the others

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/wireStory?id=1678092

In the two months since the blast at Sago Mine, lone survivor Randal McCloy Jr. has emerged from a coma and is learning to walk and talk again. Though he knows he is called a miracle, he hasn't been told why.
    He knows it was an explosion that left him with brain damage and other injuries. But he has never asked about the fate of his 12 fellow miners, and wife Anna has not told him that they perished, most slowly succumbing to carbon monoxide poisoning as they awaited rescue.

"We're just going to wait until he basically comes around completely before we come out and tell him, you know, that he's the only one," Anna McCloy told The Associated Press Tuesday.

Arrow Randy McCloy, KC8VKZ is a licensed ham radio operator

Well-wishers have been sending cards and QSLs to McCloy at PO Box 223, Philippi, WV 26435...

scroll down page for article...

http://www.arrl.org/

Also from QRZ.com...
    KC8VKZ
    Randal L McCloy, Jr
    PO BOX 223
    Philippi WV 26435
    USA

He's doing great - had a 3 hour visit at his home! Ate a good meal. That's wonderful news.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n1404476.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by Details
    He's doing great - had a 3 hour visit at his home! Ate a good meal. That's wonderful news.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n1404476.shtml
    That is great news!!!!!! Wow!

CHARLESTON, W.Va. The sole survivor of the Sago Mine disaster is expected to be released from a rehabilitation hospital and return home Thursday after more than two months of therapy, a family spokeswoman said Tuesday.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,189419,00.html

Awesome news.....what a miracle!

Quote Originally Posted by indigomood

link to article
    Indigomood,
    I appreciate this post.
    I have a great respect for the family and everyone else in contact with this man for not disclosing the fact that he was the sole survivor.

Matt Lauer is going to interview him tomorrow morning (I think) in a segment titled "Buried Alive."

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassygerl
    CHARLESTON, W.Va. The sole survivor of the Sago Mine disaster is expected to be released from a rehabilitation hospital and return home Thursday after more than two months of therapy, a family spokeswoman said Tuesday.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,189419,00.html

Awesome news.....what a miracle!

Wonderful! Truly a miracle survivor!

I pray that Randall, Anna and the children's lives continue to be blessed!

There's no place like home!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast