She cut her own throat

beesy

myspace.com/beesy_boo
Reaction score
When did Darlie decide to cut her throat? Do you think Darin was with her by then? The blood on her feet, it came from her? Why was she trying to clean up the footprints? What was her original plan? The halted cleanup seems to show there was another plan. If she stopped cleaning up the footprints because she realized she was just bleeding on the same spot as she was cleaning, what was bleeding? Her neck? If so why was she cleaning up the floor after her neck was cut? I know why she cleaned up the sink, but why worry with bloody footprints? Or maybe she hadn't cut her throat yet and had to change her plans? Do you think her arm was cut during a struggle with the boys? Suppose Darin tried to get the knife away from her, is there a chance it was cut then? Am I asking too many Q's hee hee thanks girls

I think she attacked the boys, did her little attempt to stage the scene and then sliced the neck, realized Devon was trying to crawl to the door and did the second attack.

I agree with the second attack theory. I also think that Darlie thought there was too much blood in one place so she attempted to clean it up. If you are struggling and get cut...it isn't just in one place..it is kind of spread all over, so I believe that she figured that out and was trying to make it look like a struggle. I also think that Darin was the one that did the arm stab. She had to be injured in some way...and you KNOW she wasn't going to let anything happen to those *advertiser censored*! I think the neck cut was planned. I think she thought the neck slit would be the easiest thing to fix with plastic surgery when all this mess had blown over. And yes...I think Darin was there the whole time.

deandaniellws said:
I agree with the second attack theory. I also think that Darlie thought there was too much blood in one place so she attempted to clean it up. If you are struggling and get cut...it isn't just in one place..it is kind of spread all over, so I believe that she figured that out and was trying to make it look like a struggle. I also think that Darin was the one that did the arm stab. She had to be injured in some way...and you KNOW she wasn't going to let anything happen to those *advertiser censored*! I think the neck cut was planned. I think she thought the neck slit would be the easiest thing to fix with plastic surgery when all this mess had blown over. And yes...I think Darin was there the whole time.

If he was, why do you think she has kept quiet about it all these years? She doesn't strike me as the type to go down alone for this crime. I think she would have rolled on Darin immediately if he planned it with her.

I'm in no way as qualified as most posters who have researched this case for so long, but just thinking of the type person that Darlie seems to be, I don't think that she originally planned to slit her throat. Unless she actually planned a murder suicide, I believe that cutting the throat would be just too risky and could get infected and leave a bad scar. I think Darlie was only going to bruise herself, and stab her arm which would look like defense wounds. After the stabbings, Darlie probably freaked out and decided that she needed more wounds. I can't see her bruising herself or stabbing her arm after the neck slash since she'd know that she'd need quick attention for that

cami said:
If he was, why do you think she has kept quiet about it all these years? She doesn't strike me as the type to go down alone for this crime. I think she would have rolled on Darin immediately if he planned it with her.
I don't and I will tell you why. The poor child thinks that she is going to get a new trial, and become free again. Now if she spills on Darin..then all bets are off. So, she must keep quite for her own sake. It will be interesting to see if she spills when the time comes for her little shot!:crazy:

txsvicki said:
I'm in no way as qualified as most posters who have researched this case for so long, but just thinking of the type person that Darlie seems to be, I don't think that she originally planned to slit her throat. Unless she actually planned a murder suicide, I believe that cutting the throat would be just too risky and could get infected and leave a bad scar. I think Darlie was only going to bruise herself, and stab her arm which would look like defense wounds. After the stabbings, Darlie probably freaked out and decided that she needed more wounds. I can't see her bruising herself or stabbing her arm after the neck slash since she'd know that she'd need quick attention for that
She had been bleeding longer than just 5 minutes. You can tell by the amount of blood on her shirt and all of her blood all over the house. The arm wound probably contributed most of the actual drops but the neck wound almost had to cause the bloody footprints as it eventually streamed down her body. If that is not correct, what was feeding blood to the bottoms of her feet to keep them making bloody footprints over and over again? Not her arm wound,that is for sure. There is no evidence that she stepped in the children's blood pools and even if she did, the carpeting would have or should have absorbed it before she ever got to the kitchen's vinyl floor.

I don't think suicide was ever in the picture. She just wanted to do something dramatic enough to make people think she couldn't possibly have done it herself. It would have been too easy to cut herself deep enough to get the job done if it had been a serious suicide attempt. But you have to give her credit. It is dramatic and makes people doubtful at first. It just doesn't go far enough when you have two dead children with deep and very fatal stab wounds.

deandaniellws said:
I don't and I will tell you why. The poor child thinks that she is going to get a new trial, and become free again. Now if she spills on Darin..then all bets are off. So, she must keep quite for her own sake. It will be interesting to see if she spills when the time comes for her little shot!:crazy:
Well if she doesnt get a new trial i wonder if she will ever realise she isnt getting out and i wonder if she will start to talk??

michelle said:
Well if she doesnt get a new trial i wonder if she will ever realise she isnt getting out and i wonder if she will start to talk??
Good question. Right now I think she thinks there is still hope she can beat the system. Maybe when this current appeal is finalized, she will rethink that.

Goody said:
Good question. Right now I think she thinks there is still hope she can beat the system. Maybe when this current appeal is finalized, she will rethink that.
And that might be our only chance at ever hearing the truth.

deandaniellws said:
And that might be our only chance at ever hearing the truth.
Or at least close enough to it that we can figure it out.

Goody said:
I hope that one day somebody talks. You know how they say a killer usually always talks because they cant hold it in. I hope that is the case here if they are actually guilty, like i said i am still a fence sitter :D .

I have just gone back this morning and did some reading to refresh my memory and i swear, i cannot for the life of me understand how darlie acted when the officers got to her house, how they said she wouldnt help them hold lay the towels across damon. I mean its just crazy, as a mother i would do anything, i dont care if i was butchered up myself, and let me tell you, the whole intruder thing now that i have gone back and re read some stuff isnt adding up. Why on earth would an intruder mount her, but first stab her kids first, and not steal a thing. It doesnt make sense! If there was an intruder for real what was his motive since he didnt steal a thing? Was it to just kill a couple of kids and mount their mom?And give her the least deadly wounds, since we all know she is the main one i think someone would want dead over a child.:doh: I dont know i am just rambling this morning, its really got me thinking again.

michelle said:
I find Darlie's constant denials of her guilt very interesting. We've discussed elsewhere on this forum as to whether or not she's already confessed (I think it was to a pastor? I could be wrong), and I often wonder if, when the end is in sight, she will finally admit what she did...I don't know. Some people go to their executions still protesting their innocence- the man who was electrocuted (sorry, forget his name) and who was recently proven to have been guilty is one that springs to mind...

Poor Drake, either way he will suffer when his mother dies. If he has been led to believe she is innocent he will have the rage and anguish that the state murdered his mother. If he knows she is guilty, he has to come to terms with the fact that his mother stabbed his two brothers to death. There are no winners.

britgirl said:
I find Darlie's constant denials of her guilt very interesting. We've discussed elsewhere on this forum as to whether or not she's already confessed (I think it was to a pastor? I could be wrong), and I often wonder if, when the end is in sight, she will finally admit what she did...I don't know. Some people go to their executions still protesting their innocence- the man who was electrocuted (sorry, forget his name) and who was recently proven to have been guilty is one that springs to mind...

Poor Drake, either way he will suffer when his mother dies. If he has been led to believe she is innocent he will have the rage and anguish that the state murdered his mother. If he knows she is guilty, he has to come to terms with the fact that his mother stabbed his two brothers to death. There are no winners.
We always hear that alot of people will make the peace or whatever and confess, but i dont think darlie will if she did do it. I know the man you are talking about, he was so convincing and here all along he was the murderer. I guess only time will tell, but if i was darlie and i did it, i would be praying to God for all the forgiveness in the world!

michelle said:
We always hear that alot of people will make the peace or whatever and confess, but i dont think darlie will if she did do it. I know the man you are talking about, he was so convincing and here all along he was the murderer. I guess only time will tell, but if i was darlie and i did it, i would be praying to God for all the forgiveness in the world!
Indeed! Especially when you saw the gurney.

michelle said:

If she does confess her sins to a minster before her execution, there's no reason to believe that we'll ever hear it.

Jeana (DP) said:
If she does confess her sins to a minster before her execution, there's no reason to believe that we'll ever hear it.
Thats true. Unless they plan on writing a book about it :D .

Jeana (DP) said:
I can't imagine her putting her mom and the rest of the family through it, the fight for her new trial, appeal, all the efforts Mama Darlie has done. She knows the people who love her would have loved her guilty too. Why put up such a fight if guilty. This is what I don't get.

The evidence that a not so perfect crime scene investigation was done, is proof in the forensic questions we want answered like jeans, shirts, cast off, tool mark experts, some of the pieces don't seem to fit. The tool mark expert Frosch himself testified that he found distinct marks on the wounds of Devon that were not present on his brother Damon. This screams two knives to me but I seem to be ignored on this point.

The cast off you described and the sites and their links even say that a blood spot of 9mm, remember I did the math conversion for us, is too big to be cast off. This is the sites posted by goody and beesy too. Is this a mixture ? If so the direction of the blood being flung upon the shirt really can't be determined. Cast off has a very distinctive pattern to the droplet as blood tends to form a spherical shape as it travels. The blood should give a directional view of how the blood came to be on the shirt. If it is mixed with darlies blood on top of or below then the pattern cannot be detected, only guessed at.

michelle said:
I have just gone back this morning and did some reading to refresh my memory and i swear, i cannot for the life of me understand how darlie acted when the officers got to her house, how they said she wouldnt help them hold lay the towels across damon. I mean its just crazy, as a mother i would do anything, i dont care if i was butchered up myself, and let me tell you, the whole intruder thing now that i have gone back and re read some stuff isnt adding up. Why on earth would an intruder mount her, but first stab her kids first, and not steal a thing. It doesnt make sense! If there was an intruder for real what was his motive since he didnt steal a thing? Was it to just kill a couple of kids and mount their mom?And give her the least deadly wounds, since we all know she is the main one i think someone would want dead over a child.:doh: I dont know i am just rambling this morning, its really got me thinking again.
Is it spin
the story I heard about an officer arriving and getting sick in the bathroom.
I heard that Darin says this and Darlie confirms it. I do not know if it is in the testimony or some of the evidence that came to light after the trial. Thats why I'm asking.

I do not wish to defame the name of this officer as I would be sickened as well, he most likely had children too. Who could not be sickened by this even a hard core seen everything police officer from the worst city in the usa (fill in the blank using your own opinions ) would be sickened. I find it more likely than not that he did indeed get sick, being a Texas man , never would admit it.

This is what makes me question the validity of that particular fact, is it a fact or do you call it defense spin?

Does it really seem so strange that the officer sees Darlie as a victim ar first. He is heard on the 911 tape telling her to sit down or lay down right at the end. Are you thinking that he wants her to get back up after the 911 recording ends? The ambulance was how soon after that.

I also heard that Darlie fell apart at the house and was the last to be taken out as she wanted Damon to be saved, and wouldn't accept Devon as dead too. She didn't want to go till both boys had gone. She was risking bleeding to death if this is true. Have you heard this or is it more spin?
I don't understand why the operator didn't offer some medical advice too. I mean the 911 show we all watched showed operators helping to save lives by getting the right information to the caller even little kids and rescue dogs who called. Why not here as soon as the operator knew she had stab wounds why wasn't she asking questions about where the boys had been stabbed so she could help. This kinda upsets me as 911 is the lifeline to all victims.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back