German Girl Rescued After Dropping Notes

Meduza

Reaction score
BERLIN - German police said Thursday they rescued a 13-year-old girl and arrested an ex-convict accused of kidnapping and sexually abusing her after they followed up on a note the child managed to drop begging for help.

The girl's handwritten note was found by a man near trash containers in the neighborhood where she was held for five weeks only about a half-mile from her home. In it, the girl begged the finder to alert police and included the address where she was being held and the name of her kidnapper.

Christian Avenarius, a spokesman for city prosecutors, said the note read "this is no joke" and "it's a matter of life and death."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060216/ap_on_re_eu/germany_girl_rescued

Meduza said:
BERLIN - German police said Thursday they rescued a 13-year-old girl and arrested an ex-convict accused of kidnapping and sexually abusing her after they followed up on a note the child managed to drop begging for help.

The girl's handwritten note was found by a man near trash containers in the neighborhood where she was held for five weeks only about a half-mile from her home. In it, the girl begged the finder to alert police and included the address where she was being held and the name of her kidnapper.

Christian Avenarius, a spokesman for city prosecutors, said the note read "this is no joke" and "it's a matter of life and death."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060216/ap_on_re_eu/germany_girl_rescued
wow--- 5 weeks-
I dont know which is the most miraclulous---(sp)
that she is still alive,, or that someone took action when finding the note

Amazing!! Thank God for whoever took it seriously and what a smart girl to write notes and drop them. Thank God she is safe.

Yes she is so lucky that the man did take it seriously. I'm not sure if I'm being honest, that I would have taken it seriously - you would just assume that it was a kiddies game! Of course I would think twice after reading this post!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back