1467 users online (255 members and 1212 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Jacques-need anyone's help in search of..

Does anyone know where I can find a picture of jbr with her
    little white bichon dog-jacques? I have looked high and low
    on all different sites and I can't find it, but it is really important
    to me to find. If anyone can help me out, I would be grateful.
    All 3 of my pups are bichons and I want to see which one of
    my dogs resembles jacques the most. I am absolutely fascinated
    with this breed of dog and I can't believe that Patsy would give
    him to the neighbor, even if he did pee on the carpet or that jbr
    didn't put her foot down. They really are lovely dogs. Anyone
    else on this board own a bichon?? Sorry if this is a boring thread
    or seems irrelevant to you all but I've been searching like crazy. I
    don't think I'm familiar with all of the important sites.
    Thanks,
    Ellen13

try this...

http://www.maketoast.com/newphotos/tabloidjonbenet.jpg

BTW, maketoast.com has the most extensive collection of photos surrounding this case, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ellen13
    Does anyone know where I can find a picture of jbr with her
    little white bichon dog-jacques? I have looked high and low
    on all different sites and I can't find it, but it is really important
    to me to find. If anyone can help me out, I would be grateful.
    All 3 of my pups are bichons and I want to see which one of
    my dogs resembles jacques the most. I am absolutely fascinated
    with this breed of dog and I can't believe that Patsy would give
    him to the neighbor, even if he did pee on the carpet or that jbr
    didn't put her foot down. They really are lovely dogs. Anyone
    else on this board own a bichon?? Sorry if this is a boring thread
    or seems irrelevant to you all but I've been searching like crazy. I
    don't think I'm familiar with all of the important sites.
    Thanks,
    Ellen13

I don't own a Bichon but am very interested in getting one. I'd love to ask you some questions and get some input from someone who already has one. Would you PM me with some info? Thanks a bunch!

[QUOTE=shopper]I don't own a Bichon but am very interested in getting one. I'd love to ask you some questions and get some input from someone who already has one.

Shopper-your inbox is full, sorry but I couldn't send you info.

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
    try this...

http://www.maketoast.com/newphotos/tabloidjonbenet.jpg

BTW, maketoast.com has the most extensive collection of photos surrounding this case, IMO.
    Thank you so much voice of reason-narlacat directed me to that site but I couldn't find it at first. I appreciate it!

In the Ramseys book, Death of Innocence, there is a very good picture of Jauques. It's a pic of Santa and JB and Santa is holding him in his lap. I'm sorry I don't know how to put it on here for you to see. Maybe someone who has the book can scan it or whatever they do so you can see it.

Also there is a better full size picture of him in the same book. Taken on JB's first day of school. I hope someone knows how to get it from book page to computer screen. I'm a dunce about this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by trixie
    In the Ramseys book, Death of Innocence, there is a very good picture of Jauques. It's a pic of Santa and JB and Santa is holding him in his lap. I'm sorry I don't know how to put it on here for you to see. Maybe someone who has the book can scan it or whatever they do so you can see it.

Also there is a better full size picture of him in the same book. Taken on JB's first day of school. I hope someone knows how to get it from book page to computer screen. I'm a dunce about this stuff.
    Thanks Trixie-I found what I was looking for but I appreciate your response!
    Ellen

Hi Ellen
    I've been meaning to message you about the doggy, anyway I found two pics yesterday, whilst looking for something else... at www.jonbenet-ramsey.com
    There's not many pics of him, the one that Trixie mention's on JB's first day at school and maybe one or two more.
    Go to the gallery and click on miscellaneous galleries, then click on images donated by members.

Quote Originally Posted by shopper
    I don't own a Bichon but am very interested in getting one. I'd love to ask you some questions and get some input from someone who already has one. Would you PM me with some info? Thanks a bunch!
    I have two bichons. The dog in that picture doesn't look very much like jacques. There's another photo that I've seen somewhere. If that is a photo pf Jacques, it doesn't look very much as though Patsy had him cut in the traditional lion-cut.
    This is only my opinion

Let the focus be on Madeleine

Together we can make a difference

Alert Viewer in Scotland

Member of Websleuths since April 2000

Thanks Everyone!

Thanks everyone for your help or input on Jacques. I printed one picture out and showed my husband. He looks so much like our "Poe." But, I'm going to continue looking through the sites you showed me.
    Thanks,
    Elllen

Our two Bichons are the same age and we got them at the same time - but they aren't from the same litter. We bought Larna from a top breeder in Scotland and Poppy from a puppy farm in England (long story). Poppy is about half Larna's size - she weighs 6 lbs. She also has a hole in her heart although it shrank and does not appear to be a problem.

Anyway, from a show-dog POV, Larna is a perfect specimen - she has the stance of a Bichon, thick curly hair, her fur is pure white all over, her nose is black and her eyes clear. The vet said she was top notch for showing or breeding. OTOH, little Poppy does not have the Bichon stance, her fur has a lot of "apricot", her nose is pinkish, her tail hangs down and doesn't curl on her back the way it should do and she has crooked back legs. Still, she has a lovely nature and is way more intelligent than Larna. She's a *real* lap dog and is so tiny that you are barely aware of her curling on your lap (or shoulder if she can get up there without being brushed off). She's quite feline actually.

well, looking at the photos of Jacques, he looks more like Poppy than Larna. The ramseys said they got their dogs from a pet shop. That is a strict "no-no" here in the UK. In fact, I don't even think pet shops sell dogs or cats anymore (I think they may not be permitted to). Jacque's tail is definitely down in one photo.

I know there are differences between American Bichons and British Bichons. The American dogs are bigger for a start off.

I think the Ramseys obviously didn't buy their dog with showing in mind. We have our dogs professionally clipped every two months and Larna looks like a calendar Bichon. No amount of professional clipping will ever make litle Poppy look like a calendar Bichon - she doesn't even look like a Bichon (maybe she isn't!) she looks more like a little poodle.

Then again - beauty is only skin deep. Poppy is much more endearing than Larna (who has about two brain cells).
    This is only my opinion

Let the focus be on Madeleine

Together we can make a difference

Alert Viewer in Scotland

Member of Websleuths since April 2000

<<I think the Ramseys obviously didn't buy their dog with showing in mind.>>

Obviously!
    They could barely look after it, let alone show it!

Thanks Jayelles!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles
    Our two Bichons are the same age and we got them at the same time - but they aren't from the same litter. We bought Larna from a top breeder in Scotland and Poppy from a puppy farm in England (long story). Poppy is about half Larna's size - she weighs 6 lbs. She also has a hole in her heart although it shrank and does not appear to be a problem.

Anyway, from a show-dog POV, Larna is a perfect specimen - she has the stance of a Bichon, thick curly hair, her fur is pure white all over, her nose is black and her eyes clear. The vet said she was top notch for showing or breeding. OTOH, little Poppy does not have the Bichon stance, her fur has a lot of "apricot", her nose is pinkish, her tail hangs down and doesn't curl on her back the way it should do and she has crooked back legs. Still, she has a lovely nature and is way more intelligent than Larna. She's a *real* lap dog and is so tiny that you are barely aware of her curling on your lap (or shoulder if she can get up there without being brushed off). She's quite feline actually.

well, looking at the photos of Jacques, he looks more like Poppy than Larna. The ramseys said they got their dogs from a pet shop. That is a strict "no-no" here in the UK. In fact, I don't even think pet shops sell dogs or cats anymore (I think they may not be permitted to). Jacque's tail is definitely down in one photo.

I know there are differences between American Bichons and British Bichons. The American dogs are bigger for a start off.

I think the Ramseys obviously didn't buy their dog with showing in mind. We have our dogs professionally clipped every two months and Larna looks like a calendar Bichon. No amount of professional clipping will ever make litle Poppy look like a calendar Bichon - she doesn't even look like a Bichon (maybe she isn't!) she looks more like a little poodle.

Then again - beauty is only skin deep. Poppy is much more endearing than Larna (who has about two brain cells).
    Jayelles, Thanks for sharing about your babies!!

A summary of our 3-they all get professionally groomed about every 6 weeks and they get the lion cut, but can look scraggly right before grooming-you're right-American Bichons are much larger than UK Bichons-
    1)Poe (male) is 20 pounds and looks a lot like Jacques, he's a beautiful boy-very loving, athletic, agile
    2)Potter (male) is 10 pounds and he's quite a little scamp-he's our little one man freak show, always barking and totally neurotic, but he makes life interesting!!!!! He likes to be held like a baby. He's our little genius!
    3)Pearl-she's our little princess, but a little overweight at 13 pounds. She's our little eater. She eats like she's never going to eat again.She was a rescue bichon and acts like a wild dog sometimes.
    I am absolutely crazy about my babies!
    Thanks everyone for responding with the Jacques info.

Right on, Narla

Quote Originally Posted by narlacat
    <<I think the Ramseys obviously didn't buy their dog with showing in mind.>>

Obviously!
    They could barely look after it, let alone show it!
    It's sad because they had such a neat dog! I wonder where
    Jacques is today. They live a long time!

[QUOTE=ellen13]
    Quote Originally Posted by shopper
    I don't own a Bichon but am very interested in getting one. I'd love to ask you some questions and get some input from someone who already has one.

Shopper-your inbox is full, sorry but I couldn't send you info.
    Sorry, it's cleaned out now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast