667 users online (86 members and 581 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

MI - Woman Tied Up, Assaulted By Robbers, Detroit, 2006

Homeowner Tied Up, Assaulted By Robbers

One Suspect In Custody

Police are searching for two men who they say broke into a home in West Bloomfield Township, then tied up and assaulted the homeowner.
    Around 9:30 a.m. three black men armed with a hammer broke into the home near Walnut Road and Inkster Road, according to the Farmington Hills Police Department.
    The men allegedly tied up and assaulted the female homeowner, then stole her Porsche SUV, according to police.

More: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/7158915/detail.html
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

Interesting that you mention this. We got a memo from management that says in part....Do Not Open Your Door To Anyone You Don't Know, Keep Your Door Locked At All Times, Incidents Are Happening In Surrounding Communities, Call 911, As Soon As We Get More Detail We Will Let You Know..WTH?

So, they know more but aren't sharing. When we had car breakin's they shared. Now isn't a good time?

I am not worried because someone's knuckles would bleed before I opened the door. It must be home invasion type things...or not.

Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson
    Interesting that you mention this. We got a memo from management that says in part....Do Not Open Your Door To Anyone You Don't Know, Keep Your Door Locked At All Times, Incidents Are Happening In Surrounding Communities, Call 911, As Soon As We Get More Detail We Will Let You Know..WTH?

So, they know more but aren't sharing. When we had car breakin's they shared. Now isn't a good time?

I am not worried because someone's knuckles would bleed before I opened the door. It must be home invasion type things...or not.
    Pardon my nosiness - do you live near Detroit?
    Because I just read about 3 or 4 similar stories on their news web sites.
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura
    Pardon my nosiness - do you live near Detroit?
    Because I just read about 3 or 4 similar stories on their news web sites.
    No, I live in N. Fulton County, Georgia but I butt heads along a county line with Gwinette County. The home invasions have been ongoing and pervasive.They kill the people...sounds a lot like gangs so this is new to me. The only thing I can think of is that the usual areas are being monitored and the criminals have moved westward. The AJC is our only regular newspaper and they don't always report everything going on. The metro Atlanta area is huge...my daughter is having home invasions in Dekalb County, Georgia. These aren't killing people but stealing when no one is home.Scruffy blond haired, thin guy has been reported in those instances but never in the news.
    Only in neighborhood news watches.