Bar mitzvah comes 63 years later for Holocaust survivor

LinasK

Verified insider- Mark Dribin case
Reaction score
Rite of passage was not held at age 13 because he was struggling to stay alive in concentration camp, where he met future wife
Posted on Sat, Feb. 18, 2006
By Denise M. Bonilla

NEWSDAY

MINEOLA, N.Y. - It was "beshert."

The Yiddish term signifying "meant to be" was the word that often passed through the lips of those in attendance at Herman Rosenblat's bar mitzvah this week.

They were referring not only to the celebration -- an event 63 years in the making -- but to his wife, Roma, and the amazing story of how they got together.

Rosenblat, formerly of Long Island and now living in Florida, celebrated a bar mitzvah at Congregation Beth Sholom Chabad on Thursday with more than a dozen well-wishers in attendance.

At age 76, he was one of the oldest to celebrate the event at the temple.
More at link:http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/news/13904835.htm

That is a story to make one smile and also cry. How wonderful for this family.

What a wonderful story. I am sitting here with tears running down my face, and I still say that!

O.K. I told this story to my oldest 14 years old and even he said AHHHH that is so nice. Those two people were really meant to be together.

I can't believe that I even got that from him, we both thought it was very nice and touching.

What a beautiful and touching story. I'm saving it. It is nice to read something special once in awhile. What a joyful event for such a deserving family. :clap:

Gozgals

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back