910 users online (172 members and 738 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 54
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Not Of This World
    Posts
    21,642

    Powerball Winner

    ONE ticket sold in Nebraska won this weekend's Powerball jackpot worth $365 MILLION!!!! WOW!


    Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

    Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

    10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

    Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

    Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,102
    I wonder if the winner knows yet!! WOW is right--you would never be short of money again, that is for sure.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,395
    Wow, that's lucky!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,983
    Simply Amazing!!! Congratulations winner..........

    To be soooooooooo lucky!!!!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    354
    Oh sure-after I move out of Nebraska something interesting happens there!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,970
    I have a funny feeling that I'm going to miraculously discover a long lost relative,whom I loved very dearly living in Nebraska!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,860
    Hopefully the winner is someone responsible who will do great things for his family and loved ones and not squander it all away.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Penns' woods
    Posts
    1,482
    Hummm...my cousin lives in Lincoln.

    Jules, love the siggy.
    I would rather hunt with Cheney than ride with Kennedy.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    5,335
    Well, my cousin Jellal,(her real name) lives there. DOING A SHOUT OUT TO YOU JELLAL! Don't forget us little folk!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,649
    I watched a show once following up on some lottery winners. One thing they had in common...they lost their friends and seemed lonely in their big, new homes. It was kinda sad.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    5,335
    As much fun as it is to think about winning, I think the old saying is true, Money can't buy you happiness. Some fun moment. I would not like to have to worry why are these people talking to me or my kids? Watch my kids so they don't ruin their lives over money or other stupid things related to winning. So I guess since I didn't win, I don't even have to worry about it. I think the secret of life is to live simply,don't have debt, don't have any bad habits, and be a nice decent person and you will have a great life. Maybe thats a little sugary, but that's my thought!



    Thanks for reading my post!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,533
    The lottery is nothing more than a tax on the poor. In GA, we have the hope scholarship that is funded with money from the lottery so it is kind of like letting the poor (who predominantly play the lottery more than any other group) pay for my kids to go to college. Since the poor essentially pay no taxes or very little it is a leveling device.

    As with Marine Mom, they did a study of the big winners of State lotteries and often the winners end up poor again and miserable.....often divorced and friendless. Kind of sad.

    Cal

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,076
    Quote Originally Posted by calus_3
    The lottery is nothing more than a tax on the poor. In GA, we have the hope scholarship that is funded with money from the lottery so it is kind of like letting the poor (who predominantly play the lottery more than any other group) pay for my kids to go to college. Since the poor essentially pay no taxes or very little it is a leveling device.

    As with Marine Mom, they did a study of the big winners of State lotteries and often the winners end up poor again and miserable.....often divorced and friendless. Kind of sad.

    Cal
    I've spent many days giving seminars to "poor" people. We try to teach them to invest rather than play the lottery. Hopefull they listen and can send their own kids to college someday

    The lottery is a joke, IMO. The odds of winning are so small. Too many people are stuck on "instant riches".

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,076
    Quote Originally Posted by julia
    I think the secret of life is to live simply,don't have debt, don't have any bad habits, and be a nice decent person and you will have a great life. Maybe thats a little sugary, but that's my thought!

    Soooooo True!!!

    Here's an interesting article on Jack Whittaker, the last big powerball winner. Worth the read if you have time!http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2005Jan25.html

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah
    I've spent many days giving seminars to "poor" people. We try to teach them to invest rather than play the lottery. Hopefull they listen and can send their own kids to college someday

    The lottery is a joke, IMO. The odds of winning are so small. Too many people are stuck on "instant riches".
    You know it is kind of funny but while stuck in line to pay for my gas purchases behind a lottery player....I have never been stuck behind a man or woman in a business suit. In fact, one time there was a "lady" and I use the term loosely that refused to buy her kid (~4 years old) a candy bar because she 'didn't have any money'. However, she picked about 20 powerball ticket sets of numbers and got mad when someone suggested she step out of line to pick them....it was like "24 uh 13 ummm 5". When I paid for my gas I told the attendant to ring me up for that candy bar for that little guy. He smiled and ran to get it and the 'mother' sneered at me.

    It is unfortunate but the stigma created by people seeking to get a license is of the silver haired professional man and woman. Usually, one is seated at the slots with the other standing behind him/her. They are head-back laughing as the slots roll out. Reality is some beat down individual with a marlboro hanging off their lip with their shoulders slumped as the spend the last dime of their retirement.

    Unfortunate to say the least. The casinos make a lot of people rich but it generally isn't the person walking through the public entrances.

    Cal

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-28-2015, 08:59 PM
  2. Powerball Winner Dead For Days Before Being Found
    By vanillasky in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-26-2005, 08:19 PM
  3. Powerball Winner spends night in the slammer
    By Casshew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-02-2004, 08:57 AM