Now 66 mine morkers in Mexico trapped and in extreme danger

Is the earth shifting causing these things or are the mines just getting old?

Beyond Belief said:
Is the earth shifting causing these things or are the mines just getting old?
You maybe on to something. We have heard about more active volcanoes and shifting plates in the oceans.
I wonder how well the Mexicans are equipted to handle this. They have a lot of poor so I am thinking they may not have as many safe guards in place.

Praying for them.:(

love,

Ariel

Posting my thoughts for those in the mines.
I am not religiuos, I think positive thoughts may help them.
For the women who love them and the daughters and sons who have fathers in the mines. Let us all pray and think of them.

ariel7 said:
Praying for them.:(

love,

Ariel

I am praying for them all to Ariel. The news said some of these miners are three miles into the mine. God have mercy on them all.

Ocean

My prayers are with them & there families.......

the pain that those families are going through, knowing how their loved ones are buried deep below the surface of the ground, maybe hurt badly, maybe already dead.....not knowing.....the most horrible agony you can endure!

o8c9ye.jpg
o8cak8.gif
o8cca1.jpg
o8ccgg.gif

Search for Mexican Miners Suspended

SAN JUAN DE SABINAS, Mexico - Rescue crews searching for 65 trapped miners since Sunday are suspending their efforts because of dangerous gas levels, government and company officials said Friday. Arturo Bermea, director general of mine owner Industrial Minera Mexico, said they planned to use machines to pump out the methane gas and improve the air quality in the Pasta de Conchos mine, where a pre-dawn explosion Sunday brought down thousands of tons of rubble and filled tunnels with toxic gas.

The search was expected to resume in two to three days, Bermea said. "This decision was made carefully in the interest of protecting the rescue crews," Bermea said, adding that U.S. mine experts had also recommended rescue efforts be halted until gas levels were lowered.

The news outraged families and friends outside the mine's gates,who yelled "you're abandoning us." A group of women attacked the company and government officials, pulling on the men's clothing and screaming. Two women were taken away on stretchers, kicking and screaming. "We can't risk more lives," said Xavier Garcia, president of Industrial Minera Mexico, a subsidiary of mining company Grupo Mexico SA de CV. "We can't risk another explosion with people inside. We are making our best effort with our heart in our hand to resolve this problem."

http://tinyurl.com/gu3uh

Oh my God.

Buzzm1 said:
Search for Mexican Miners Suspended

SAN JUAN DE SABINAS, Mexico - Rescue crews searching for 65 trapped miners since Sunday are suspending their efforts because of dangerous gas levels, government and company officials said Friday. Arturo Bermea, director general of mine owner Industrial Minera Mexico, said they planned to use machines to pump out the methane gas and improve the air quality in the Pasta de Conchos mine, where a pre-dawn explosion Sunday brought down thousands of tons of rubble and filled tunnels with toxic gas.

The search was expected to resume in two to three days, Bermea said. "This decision was made carefully in the interest of protecting the rescue crews," Bermea said, adding that U.S. mine experts had also recommended rescue efforts be halted until gas levels were lowered.

The news outraged families and friends outside the mine's gates,who yelled "you're abandoning us." A group of women attacked the company and government officials, pulling on the men's clothing and screaming. Two women were taken away on stretchers, kicking and screaming. "We can't risk more lives," said Xavier Garcia, president of Industrial Minera Mexico, a subsidiary of mining company Grupo Mexico SA de CV. "We can't risk another explosion with people inside. We are making our best effort with our heart in our hand to resolve this problem."

http://tinyurl.com/gu3uh

Mexican Mining Company: Men Must Be Dead

SAN JUAN DE SABINAS, Mexico - Toxic gas levels inside a northern Mexican coal mine are too high for any of the 65 miners trapped inside to have survived an explosion nearly a week ago, the mining company said Saturday. The government and scientists previously said there was little hope any of those missing would be found alive.

But a new analysis of underground air showed it was too poisonous to breathe, said Javier Garcia, a spokesman for mine owner Grupo Mexico SA de CV. Teams of experts drilled holes into the mine Saturday to release toxic gases, and a team of foreign experts — including 10 officials from the U.S. Mine Safety and Health Administration — helped to analyze the results. Conditions inside the Pasta de Conchos mine aren't expected to be safe enough to recover the bodies at least until Sunday, Garcia said.

A pre-dawn explosion Feb. 19 caused by gas built up inside the mine left the 65 miners trapped underground. Rescuers were careful not to trigger further explosions as they dug for about six days in hopes of finding survivors or the remains of those killed.

http://tinyurl.com/mjyk2

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb
Back