A new far-fetched theory but anything's possible

ellen13

Reaction score
I saw a show on "sleepwalking" last night (I think on National Geographic??) where people can do violent things in their sleep, especially when woken up while doing them and they don't remember doing them. They said up to 20% of kids sleepwalk. Could Burke have been sleepwalking and killed JBR?
Then when questioned, he wouldn't have remembered anything? Or JR-did he sleepwalk for that matter-remember he talked about taking things to help him sleep??? Even women sleepwalk. They videotaped this one woman boiling water and doing really sophisticated things in her sleep.I know this is extremely far-fethched but it has been used as a logical murder defense before and people have gotten off from murder charges. Someone in the family could have sleepwalked and killed her and then they covered it all up. After I saw this show, I was blown away.
I mean I bet we all know someone who does crazy things in their sleep. My father still gets up in his sleep and acts out like he is still in vietnam. I hide our gun when he comes to stay with us. They truly don't remember what they're doing.

ellen13 said:
I saw a show on "sleepwalking" last night (I think on National Geographic??) where people can do violent things in their sleep, especially when woken up while doing them and they don't remember doing them. They said up to 20% of kids sleepwalk. Could Burke have been sleepwalking and killed JBR?
Then when questioned, he wouldn't have remembered anything? Or JR-did he sleepwalk for that matter-remember he talked about taking things to help him sleep??? Even women sleepwalk. They videotaped this one woman boiling water and doing really sophisticated things in her sleep.I know this is extremely far-fethched but it has been used as a logical murder defense before and people have gotten off from murder charges. Someone in the family could have sleepwalked and killed her and then they covered it all up. After I saw this show, I was blown away.
I mean I bet we all know someone who does crazy things in their sleep. My father still gets up in his sleep and acts out like he is still in vietnam. I hide our gun when he comes to stay with us. They truly don't remember what they're doing.
Once upon a time, I would have been skeptical of this, but a while ago, I suffered a bout of food poisoning and I was very ill indeed. At the height of my illness, I got out of bed and locked my bedroom door and I have no idea why I did that because I'm very safety conscious and would normally panic at the thought of being locked in my room when I was ill. So I agree that the subconscious is a powerful force.

ellen13 said:

ellen13,

It appears to be possible. There have been acquitals based on sleepwalking. Your theory needs more research and discussion.

A sleepwalking defense should be based on a history of sleepwalking by and professional treatment of the accused.

BlueCrab said:
ellen13,

It appears to be possible. There have been acquitals based on sleepwalking. Your theory needs more research and discussion.

A sleepwalking defense should be based on a history of sleepwalking by and professional treatment of the accused.
I agree with you! Yes, I would need to do a lot more research-but I'm just throwing this idea out there. AFter I saw that show last night, it was like I was hit by a ton of bricks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want the Rams to go to Minnesota where that sleep clinic is located and all have their sleep studied!!!!!!! I'm serious!!!!!!!!!
Now 20% of children sleepwalk-that's a pretty high percentage in my book! That could explain why Burke didn't remember killing her and could answer all of those questions without looking guilty.

Jayelles said:
Once upon a time, I would have been skeptical of this, but a while ago, I suffered a bout of food poisoning and I was very ill indeed. At the height of my illness, I got out of bed and locked my bedroom door and I have no idea why I did that because I'm very safety conscious and would normally panic at the thought of being locked in my room when I was ill. So I agree that the subconscious is a powerful force.

Jayelles,

I had a similar experience years ago.

At the time I owned a small condo at a resort town and had invited one of my sons for the weekend. He let me know he'd be partying that night and would show up sometime after midnight, so I told him I'd leave the door unlocked. I was very careful to unlock the door prior to going to bed. But the next morning he called me and said he couldn't get in nor could he wake me up and he had to get a hotel room for the night. I'm usually a light sleeper, but sure enough, when I checked the door it was locked. I had obviously got up after falling asleep and locked the door while sleepwalking.

BlueCrab

<<I want the Rams to go to Minnesota where that sleep clinic is located and all have their sleep studied!!!!!!! I'm serious!!!!!!!!!>>

I want them to have a shot of truth serum, I'm serious!

If Burke went sleep walking and killed his sister, why didn't the Ram's just report it as such??

I have had the pleasure of sleep walking.
I was staying with friend's one night and was awakened to my friend screaming and holding me around the waist, as I was trying to climb out a window...we were in a block of units and had I fell, I most certainly would have broken a limb.
It was a wierd experience and I had no idea where I was and what I was doing when I woke up.

My son was a notorious sleepwalker when he was young. One time he came into our bedroom, woke us up by turning on the light switch and then proceeded to walk into our closet and pee on a Target bag! That was only one incident of several. Anyway, sleepwalking is an explanation as to how she may have died but the end result is still the same. Cover-up with phony ransom note and the Rams lying to the cops and public. However, I do not believe Burke had anything to do with it myself.

narlacat said:
If Burke went sleep walking and killed his sister, why didn't the Ram's just report it as such??

Would they necessarily be aware that that's what had happened? Alternately, even if they knew, would they necessarily want Burke to know that he'd killed his sister, even if he was morally blameless?

Hi Sepka

I guess they wouldn't want Burke to know, if that's how it happened and you're right, they mightn't have been aware that was what happened either.
Some days I think it had to have been an accident caused by Burke, that makes the most sense of why the Ramsey's covered up, to save their remaining child.
But was Burke also the one responsible for the sexual abuse?
What are the odds that besides accidently killing his sister, he was also abusing her?
I'm really beginning to think this wasn't an accident at all which makes me suspect Burke less and less because I don't think Burke would have killed his sister intentionally.

narlacat said:
Hi Sepka

I guess they wouldn't want Burke to know, if that's how it happened and you're right, they mightn't have been aware that was what happened either.
Some days I think it had to have been an accident caused by Burke, that makes the most sense of why the Ramsey's covered up, to save their remaining child.
But was Burke also the one responsible for the sexual abuse?
What are the odds that besides accidently killing his sister, he was also abusing her?
I'm really beginning to think this wasn't an accident at all which makes me suspect Burke less and less because I don't think Burke would have killed his sister intentionally.
I ,like everyone else on this forum,would love to hear Burke talk.Its been ten years,he is an adult now,he must know more than we know.PLEASE Burke tell us what you know.

I do believe that it is technically possible, but I agree with everyone else here who pointed out that there still must have been a cover up with the written note and everything....

I remember being woken up by the ringing phone years ago and I answered the phone and talked to someone....Afterwards I did not remember what I said or who I talked to, until friends pointed out that conversation to me....Obviously what I had said must have made sense as they did not have me committed...but I really did not even remember what I said.

Wuschel

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
locallady50
Back