If this case got solved..............

ellen13

Reaction score
What would you do?
a. Move onto another murder mystery?
b. move onto another topic-unrelated to murder?
c. review how it got solved, continue to follow the case, go back and read things to see how it all fits, and check all the related material for accuracy?
(kind of like watching the Sixth Sense over again once you know how it ends)
d.quit the forum?

I find that I can't really get interested in any other case. EX: I have tried to read about Holloway, but I can't get interested in it. I'm sorry to say that. It's not that I don't care, it's just that I'm stuck here. Even with Entwisle (sp?)
to me-it's open and shut-no interest. Sad for the victims-yes, but don't care to follow it.
Jayelles and UK Guy-did you all get interested in Entwistle since he fled to the UK and was originally from there? Just curious??
I could ask questions all day-LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Hi Ellen,
There are so many closed cases that remain interesting, don't "get angry" but...I feel there is something wrong with the Danielle VanDam case. I followed a closed case here, for nine years. A nine year old girl was murdered blocks from my house, the guy they prosecuted had NO priors, was a hard working middle class guy, sure there was evidence at the crime, matching fibers, his hair , scientific stuff!? Finally he was cleared through the innocence project (after spending nine years on death row), and the REAL killer, a red head as well, with a list of sexual assault crimes under his belt, was found. Guess where? In the same jail where the poor guy who lost nine years was housed.

Darlie Routier, another case that needs to be looked at closely.

My longstanding pet project is autism and the "why". No unvaccinated Amish children have autism, and this isn't a clue?

ellen13 said:
What would you do?
c. review how it got solved, continue to follow the case, go back and read things to see how it all fits, and check all the related material for accuracy?
d.quit the forum?

I find that I can't really get interested in any other case. EX: I have tried to read about Holloway, but I can't get interested in it. I'm sorry to say that. It's not that I don't care, it's just that I'm stuck here. Even with Entwisle (sp?)
to me-it's open and shut-no interest. Sad for the victims-yes, but don't care to follow it.
Jayelles and UK Guy-did you all get interested in Entwistle since he fled to the UK and was originally from there? Just curious??

ellen13,

When the truth about the JonBenet Ramsey murder is finally made public IMO it will be a bombshell and will be continued to be discussed for a long time to come.

sissi said:
Hi Ellen,
There are so many closed cases that remain interesting, don't "get angry" but...I feel there is something wrong with the Danielle VanDam case. I followed a closed case here, for nine years. A nine year old girl was murdered blocks from my house, the guy they prosecuted had NO priors, was a hard working middle class guy, sure there was evidence at the crime, matching fibers, his hair , scientific stuff!? Finally he was cleared through the innocence project (after spending nine years on death row), and the REAL killer, a red head as well, with a list of sexual assault crimes under his belt, was found. Guess where? In the same jail where the poor guy who lost nine years was housed.

My longstanding pet project is autism and the "why". No unvaccinated Amish children have autism, and this isn't a clue?
Oh, how I hear you about Autism!! It's a long story, but I could go on and on!

I wouldn't follow another case - definitely not. I'm not a huge true crime buff (I prefer fiction). I wish the case would be solved so that I could give up the forums full stop! However, I am fascinated by the subculture and its insight into human behaviour. I've learned more about psychology by following the forums that I reckon I would doing a college course!

ellen13 said:
Oh, how I hear you about Autism!! It's a long story, but I could go on and on!
I've followed our stats on Autism- isn't it like 1 in 100 children
as opposed to 1 in 1000 who will get it like ten years ago? Does this sound
accurate? I'm sorry that I'm off the subject, but this really has my
interest for so many reasons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And with the mercury out of the vaccinations, will this number go
down, or is it something else in the immunizations? Perhaps
moms eating fish with mercury in it. I bet the Amish aren't eating
canned tuna, either. Pardon the pun, but something very fishy
going on with Autism!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got all interested in the Laci Peterson case and the BTK at this and other forums. I've read about JonBenet off an on since, Darlie Routier, and now missing girls and murder in my own town. I look here first to see any news on them before even consulting my online local newspaper. I just wish there was no need for this or the other forums.

sissi said:

On the other hand, the Amish have an extremely small gene pool. There are a whole host of conditions that are rare in the population at large that commonly afflict the Amish. It's not unreasonable to wonder if they may also have some genetic predisposition against autism.

The rest of their lifestyle including their diet varies quite a bit from the western norm as well. I'm sure they don't eat all the artificial colours, flavours and preservatives, nor take all the patent medicines, nor use the variety of household cleaners and chemicals that so many of us do.

ellen13 said:
What would you do?
d.quit the forum?

Hello Ellen,we have a lot of murder mysteries down under, some are solved,some are not,some are very gruesome.A woman from where I live [whom I have met] is doing 40 years in jail for murdering all of her four children:mad: .If you,re interested in some of these crimes pm me and Ill give you some names to google.This goes for anybody else who might be interested.One case in particular is very unusual and not for the faint hearted:cool:

Hi Dingo:)

Which case is that?
(the unusual one not for the fainthearted)

narlacat said:
Hi Dingo:)

Which case is that?
(the unusual one not for the fainthearted)
hI Narla Google Katherine Knight.Sorry I cant do the link thing.

dingo said:
hI Narla Google Katherine Knight.Sorry I cant do the link thing.

Good Lord ! not for the faint of heart is right. Yikes

but I must go read about it now.....

Maybe So said:
Good Lord ! not for the faint of heart is right. Yikes

but I must go read about it now.....
There are two books written about this case.One is called Blood stain and the other is called Beyond Bad.If you,re thinking about going on a diet ,reading these books will certainly help.:)

Ellen, here's a quote from one site...
"In the 1990's, reported autism cases among American children began spiking, from about 1 in 10,000 in 1987 to a shocking 1 in 166 children today ." (Actually it is now 1 in 66 Boys !)

Robert Kennedy Jr. article.. http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/7395411/deadly_immunity/

Amish mention..
http://www.washtimes.com/upi-breaking/20050607-030036-7472r.htm

Interesting book..
http://www.evidenceofharm.com/

In talking to teachers, just those in my family, NONE HAS A CLASS without at least one autistic child! Does that make the real number one in 25?

ellen13 said:
What would you do?
d.quit the forum?

If JonBenet's murder is ever solved,I would most certainly go back to the prior posts in this forum,just to see how close we were,or how far.

A few years back,I was following three cases at the same time .... I knew I had to stop for awhile,when I found myself running to the window,and checking my watch for the precise time,whenever I heard a strange noise outside,just in case it was something sinister happening,and the authorities just may need my all important information,(what did I hear), and time,(when exactly did I hear it?) to help solve the crime! Yep .... I knew then,that I had to step away for awhile!

sissi said:
Hi Ellen,

Hey sissi, I know that case. My DH went to school with the girl who was murdered. I felt so bad for him when it came out he was innocent!!

narlacat said:
LOL Capps.
Too funny as Brefie would say!

:blowkiss:

Gee, Narla, that's the first confirmation I have had that anyone reads my posts!!

I think I would move on. Is that cold? I hate to sound that way, but I admitedly moved on to JBR after Laci. I was obsessed with that trial but when it was over, I didn't so much as read a single book. There are few (if any) news clips or write ups I missed while it was happening.

Darlie is another I am mildly interested in....maybe someday....

sissi said:
"In the 1990's, reported autism cases among American children began spiking, from about 1 in 10,000 in 1987 to a shocking 1 in 166 children today ." (Actually it is now 1 in 66 Boys !)

Robert Kennedy Jr. article.. http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/7395411/deadly_immunity/

Amish mention..

Interesting book..

In talking to teachers, just those in my family, NONE HAS A CLASS without at least one autistic child! Does that make the real number one in 25?
I've had 3 in my 10 years of teaching that I know of as well as one of my cousins. Since there is such a broad spectrum, the number could have been higher, with higher functioning autistic children in the earlier part of my career that I didn't recognize as autistic, but I might have known something was a little off. If I could go back and analyze them now with what I know, the number could have been higher. I would say one out of a class of 25 each year is a little high. It might be your area. What area are you referring to? a part of Maryland? I wonder if maybe it's a geographical thing. Thanks for the links to the info on autism. My experiences have been in Calif, Mich, and NY.
I believe it has a lot to do with vaccinations, but I've also read about the mercury in fish that women eat and I'm wondering if it affects more parts of the country than others, with fish being from all different parts of different oceans, lakes, etc.

sissi said:

Amish mention..

Interesting book..

Do any of the other religious groups who do not immunize their children have any lower rates of autism than the rest of the U.S. or is it only the Amish?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back