Thread: Newborn Left Abandoned In Shoebox in the Cold

Newborn Left Abandoned In Shoebox in the Cold

Newborn Left Abandoned In Shoebox

Investigation Continues

A baby who was abandoned and left in the cold is recovering.
    The 4-day-old infant was found outside a banquet hall in southwest Detroit in a shoebox, Local 4 reported.

More: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/7257889/detail.html
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

This is just terrible. At least the "mother" didn't kill the baby.
    I hope whoever she is, she knew someone would find the newborn.
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

Unhappy

Too bad the mother couldn't have thought to take the infant to a hospital. In California there is a law that you won't be prosecuted if you leave the newborn at a hospital or fire station.
    Please help locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home.

It's worth noting that this weekend it was extremely cold in the Detroit area. I'm talking 12 degrees at the warmest at times. This baby is extremely lucky that someone found him........

Quote Originally Posted by amandab
    It's worth noting that this weekend it was extremely cold in the Detroit area. I'm talking 12 degrees at the warmest at times. This baby is extremely lucky that someone found him........
    And thank god someone did. I hope that poor little guy is okay and I hope he's adopted by a nice loving family that deserves a child.
    Just my opinion of course!!

Quote Originally Posted by LinasK
    Too bad the mother couldn't have thought to take the infant to a hospital. In California there is a law that you won't be prosecuted if you leave the newborn at a hospital or fire station.
    Michigan has this also, since Jan. 1, 2001. No prosecution for an infant no older than 72 hours surrendered to an emergency service provider. I doubt that a banquet hall qualifies an an emergency service provider. Sad and stupid.
    Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain

Sounds like a young girl that was scared / maybe nobody knew she was pregnant. But to leave it in the cold???

Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura
    This is just terrible. At least the "mother" didn't kill the baby.
    I hope whoever she is, she knew someone would find the newborn.
    She may not of killed her baby, but that was the intention. She left the baby in a shoebox, in the freezing cold. There is no excuse for that. Being scared is no excuse!
    A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul will last forever...

OMG how could someone just LEAVE a baby in a shoebox out in the cold!!!

That baffles me. I mean at least the baby wasn't murdered. But I just don't know how you could have any heart to leave something so tiny and helpless by itself. I hope what this person did haunts them till the day they die. That is just so cruel.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHope
    She may not of killed her baby, but that was the intention. She left the baby in a shoebox, in the freezing cold. There is no excuse for that. Being scared is no excuse!
    I hope you didn't mistake my post for me sympathizing with this cruel mother, whoever she is! I was just glad the baby isn't dead. I think she is terrible for what she did. I am very thankful that she didn't beat the baby to death though. Yes, what she did is just as bad, but luckily this baby is alive.
    I'm with you ... there is no excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura
    I hope you didn't mistake my post for me sympathizing with this cruel mother, whoever she is! I was just glad the baby isn't dead. I think she is terrible for what she did. I am very thankful that she didn't beat the baby to death though. Yes, what she did is just as bad, but luckily this baby is alive.
    I'm with you ... there is no excuse.

No, i didn't think you were sympathizing with her... just pointing out the fact that she would be dead, if someone would not have found the baby...
    A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul will last forever...

Yeah she wanted to kill her baby, sick b1t@h Why didn't she just kill herself

Quote Originally Posted by ljwf22
    Michigan has this also, since Jan. 1, 2001. No prosecution for an infant no older than 72 hours surrendered to an emergency service provider. I doubt that a banquet hall qualifies an an emergency service provider. Sad and stupid.
    I'm pretty sure every state has this, I know PA does...it's called the "Safe Haven" law. You can leave the baby at a hospital or church no questions asked from birth to 28 days old without being charged with any crimes.

Happiness...consists in giving, and in serving others.
    - Henry Drummond

It would be nice to see that age limit changed

People should be allowed so surrender a child at any age if it's in the best interest of the child. what happens to the four and five year olds like Jane "Cordova" Doe who are above the age of all the states who have that law on the books?

I don't know how the financial support of the surrendered child would be handled but at least there would be another option for desperate and mentally ill parents besides murder.