High “human trafficking” rate in Florida

Shadow205

Reaction score
Young women and children raped, tortured and sold for sex – its modern day slavery and it's happening here in Jacksonville.

In fact, the Center for the Advancement of Human Rights says Florida has one of the highest rates of "human trafficking" in the country. Barred windows and locked doors are the only visible signs of America's modern day slave trade.
<snip>
Traffickers use torture, threats and brainwashing to sell women, men and children into domestic servitude, for sweat shop labor and for sex.
<snip>
“These are kids from the suburbs and middle class America,” he says. “Sometimes it's a kid with low self esteem, who may be enticed by someone who wants to befriend her."
<snip>
White House statistics show more than 14,500 victims are recruited, transported and sold in the US every year. 80 percent of them are female, and 70 of those women are for sex.

One official says it is probably one of the fastest growing international organizational crimes in the world.

more at the link http://www.cbs47.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=1FC31A35-712C-4D52-852E-F8B7CAD6DEAE

This is an excellent article. If you want a real eye opener to what is happening & how it is happening to these girls read this http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=1596778&page=1

Teen Girls Tell Their Stories of Sex Trafficking and Exploitation in U.S.
The FBI estimates that well over 100,000 children and young women are trafficked in America today. They range in age from 9 to 19, with the average age being 11.

And many victims are no longer just runaways, or kids who've been abandoned. Many of them are from what would be considered "good" families, who are lured or coerced by clever predators, say experts.
more at the link posted above

I have read the stories, but find it so hard to comprehend. How could anyone in this day and age take and hold someone prisoner, here is the USA and no one know about it. Then of course I think about all the child predators, and realize that people know. They just don't do anything about it.

After reading those articles it really makes you stop and think about all of the 1000's of missing persons. I wonder how many have them met this fate?

Shadow205 said:
Young women and children raped, tortured and sold for sex – its modern day slavery and it's happening here in Jacksonville.

In fact, the Center for the Advancement of Human Rights says Florida has one of the highest rates of "human trafficking" in the country. Barred windows and locked doors are the only visible signs of America's modern day slave trade.
<snip>
Traffickers use torture, threats and brainwashing to sell women, men and children into domestic servitude, for sweat shop labor and for sex.
<snip>
“These are kids from the suburbs and middle class America,” he says. “Sometimes it's a kid with low self esteem, who may be enticed by someone who wants to befriend her."
<snip>
White House statistics show more than 14,500 victims are recruited, transported and sold in the US every year. 80 percent of them are female, and 70 of those women are for sex.

One official says it is probably one of the fastest growing international organizational crimes in the world.

more at the link http://www.cbs47.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=1FC31A35-712C-4D52-852E-F8B7CAD6DEAE

This is an excellent article. If you want a real eye opener to what is happening & how it is happening to these girls read this http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=1596778&page=1

Teen Girls Tell Their Stories of Sex Trafficking and Exploitation in U.S.
The FBI estimates that well over 100,000 children and young women are trafficked in America today. They range in age from 9 to 19, with the average age being 11.

And many victims are no longer just runaways, or kids who've been abandoned. Many of them are from what would be considered "good" families, who are lured or coerced by clever predators, say experts.
more at the link posted above
It certainly proves that prostitution is not a victimless crime. I remember hearing on the radio about two young women who were abducted out of Canada and brought to the US and forced into prostitution. The underage women were forced to work in strip clubs and were prostituted out of these clubs all the way down the west coast. What interest would the strip club owners have in protecting these girls when they can profit off their exploitation?
It is unbelievable that this can happen in America. But I am afraid this problem is only going to get worse before it gets better.

concernedperson said:
Sometimes I think we are sold a Bill of Goods, not a Bill of Rights.
I dont understand the bill of rights having anything to do with this thread? what am i missing cp? human trafficking usually involves illegal folks...:confused:

j2mirish said:
I dont understand the bill of rights having anything to do with this thread? what am i missing cp? human trafficking usually involves illegal folks...:confused:

Sorry, wasn't clear! Rights for people.Taken against your will and used for someone else's purpose.

concernedperson said:
Sorry, wasn't clear! Rights for people.Taken against your will and used for someone else's purpose.
gottcha! thanks ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back