1230 users online (230 members and 1000 guests)  

Websleuths News

WI - Man charged with child abuse after baby ingests wart remover

This story is local, and it really freaks me out... this guy is something else. At least the mom didn't help him this time- or at least it doesn't seem like she did....

MIDDLETON, Wis. -- Middleton police are investigating an incident involving a 5-month-old baby girl.

The infant was taken to St. Mary's Hospital after swallowing liquid wart remover early Sunday morning, WISC-TV reported.

The baby suffered burns to the mouth, esophagus and stomach and is currently in intensive care.

http://www.channel3000.com/news/6990128/detail.html

MIDDLETON, Wis. -- Middleton police said that the 5-month-old baby whose mouth and throat were burned by a caustic liquid on Sunday is expected to recover.

Authorities are investigating how the girl ingested the wart remover. Police are interviewing the one witness to the event-- the mother's live-in boyfriend. Police said that they haven't ruled out charges.

Her mother's boyfriend told investigators that he was using the wart remover while holding the baby when some spilled on her face.

http://www.channel3000.com/news/7020295/detail.html

Detectives said on Friday that they are recommending Aaron Smith be charged with intentionally causing bodily harm to a child, WISC-TV reported.

The incident happened last Sunday when Smith, who does have a wart on his arm, was apparently holding the 5-month-old girl inside his apartment located in the 6300 block of Pheasant Lane, police said.

The girl was in one arm and the wart remover was evidently in the other hand. The baby girl ingested the wart remover and it caused extensive internal burning. She was rushed to St. Mary's Hospital, where she was placed in intensive care.

Police said that Smith's version of events doesn't jive with the evidence.
    http://www.channel3000.com/news/7166587/detail.html

MIDDLETON, Wis. -- Police detectives are recommending that a 26-year-old Middleton man face felony charges for allegedly putting liquid wart remover in a 5-month-old girl's mouth.
    *SNIP*

The initial account we heard from him was that he was applying wart remover to himself while holding the child and inadvertently splashed some on the child," said Middleton Police Lt. Noel Kakuske.

The baby's mother and Smith were living together at the time. Investigators said that it was a short-lived romance, but that it's now over. The mother has moved out after the incident, WISC-TV reported.

After spending nearly a week in the hospital, the baby was released Friday afternoon and will be staying with relatives of her mother.
    *SNIP*
    http://www.channel3000.com/news/7166587/detail.html

Latest news:

Smith was arrested Monday night after police say he would not stop contacting the baby's mother or one of her friends.

Authorities then moved up his court date to Tuesday. Smith has been charged with child abuse and faces more than 12-years behind bars and $25,000 in fines if convicted.

He was released on signature bond and is not allowed to contact the baby's mother or her friend.

Smith's next court appearance is set for March 13th.

http://nbc15.madison.com/news/headlines/2347891.html

They get child abuse, maybe they should get attempted murder

A few things stick out to me... It was a short lived romance, but the mother and child lived with him?? I know that happens all the time, but considering that this child was apparently alone with the man, I wonder, just HOW short lived was that romance that mom felt comfortable to leave him alone with her baby? Another thing that bothers me is his story... He said that he was holding the baby in one arm, and using wart remover in the other hand... Who does that? This is not a thing you do with a baby in your arms...

If the media is to be believed, the mother immediately moved out and the boyfriend is trying to harass her and her friend. Why doesn't she have a restraining order? A temporary no-contact order is a standard thing after one person abuses another and there is an arrest made, but it doesn't have the same legal weight as a restraining order. And for the most part, even restraining orders can be futile, at best.

I'll be watching this one... Anyone that could pour toxic liquid into the mouth of a baby is one sick sum*****... I hope they put him away for a LONGGGG time.

I hope they don't put him in PC...why do thy even have pc (protective custody) for these sick mo fo's?