1531 users online (226 members and 1305 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

CA - Michael Morales in the '81 murder of Terri Winchell

Well Morales was supposed to be executed tuesday.CNN said that a judge says that lethal injection is too painful.The poor family cannot even speak.

A judge set a Feb. 21 execution date Wednesday for a Stockton man convicted of murdering a 17-year-old girl in 1981. It would be California's third execution in three months.

Michael Morales lost his final court appeal in October when the U.S. Supreme Court refused to review his case. He can still seek clemency from Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger. Morales, now 46, was convicted of choking, beating and stabbing Terri Winchell to death in a remote area of San Joaquin County in January 1981. Prosecution witnesses said a cousin of Morales, Ricky Ortega, had learned Winchell was having an affair with Ortega's male lover and asked Morales to kill her.

So the night that the execution is supposed to take place,the judge says that the injection would be too painful for Morales...
    Now he is going to live years longer because of the stay of execution.

This was tuesday's article prior to the judges ruling.
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...AGTQGPLPH1.DTL

Is this the guy that his anesthesieustus(sp) walked off from?

He had some crap about injection being cruel and the docs said they could not abide by bring him back. His death sentence had he would be brought back at any sign of pain or anxiety of the body. The guys hired to put him under felt they could not and would not try to ressucitate.

Hey Becba,

Yes that is the one.The anesthesiologists did not want to be involved in it.
    Why would they want to stop if he felt pain.They have the murdered girl and her family in mind.

Thumbs down

Ummm, Dark Shadows, that's not exactly why the stay was put in place. Judge Fogel ordered the execution could proceed if either:1) the anaesthesiologists were present, or 2) another trained medical personal could give a single injection overdose of Barbituate by syringe. San Quentin planned to go ahead with method #2 by 7:30 tonight, but could not find the trained personnel to administer it. I wouldn't be so quick to blame the judge in this case.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Ok, the guy murders someone and now they are concerned with whether or not his injection is too 'painful?' I'm speechless.

Quote Originally Posted by Becba
    Is this the guy that his anesthesieustus(sp) walked off from?

He had some crap about injection being cruel and the docs said they could not abide by bring him back. His death sentence had he would be brought back at any sign of pain or anxiety of the body. The guys hired to put him under felt they could not and would not try to ressucitate.

Since when are the killers making the rules? I would think the judge would have asked this killer if he stopped when the girl screamed and begged for her life. This whole thing is just a sample of what is going on in our great justice system. What B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel
    Since when are the killers making the rules? I would think the judge would have asked this killer if he stopped when the girl screamed and begged for her life. This whole thing is just a sample of what is going on in our great justice system. What B.S.
    I totally agree!! What a total crock of s*it!

Doctors take an oath to do not harm, that is why they are having difficulty finding doctors to assist in the excution.
    But what concerns me, is that with the one guy being successful, then all the other death row inmates will be following suit. And since a prescedence (sp) has been set, they stand a good chance of not being excuted either. So it is a major win for the anti death penalty advocates. The only way that they are going to save this, is if they get a new procedure set up quick.
    It also sounds as though Cali may be headed for abolishing the death penalty, unless the citizens start protesting.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Who gives a crap if the bastard feels pain.....I know I don't. He sure didn't care if the girl was scared out of her mind and felt immense pain. Surely Californians will stand up and have some balls to say enough is enough, compared to what he did, it's a completely HUMANE way to die.

he raped, bludgeoned and stabbed his victim. Now, I call that pain!!!! Execution by lethal injection involves giving anesthesia to render the person unconscious- than a drug to cause muscle paralysis is given - than another med to stop the heart. The concern was if the anesthesia didn't work than the prisoner would feel pain when receiving the paralying agent. What a crock!!! Death by lethal injection is much less painful then what these killer's victims have to endure.

INJECTION TOOOO PAINFUL? How bout a nice hanging then?

I had to put my old dog to sleep, btw. TWAS sad but barely a wince and a peaceful death, if i was the judge i'd ship him over to Texas, for that good old eleectric chair *mwahahaha*

But that still wouldn't be as painful as the pain they felt

repsonse to the ummm title

Quote Originally Posted by dark_shadows
    So the night that the execution is supposed to take place,the judge says that the injection would be too painful for Morales...
    Quote Originally Posted by LinasK
    Ummm, Dark Shadows, that's not exactly why the stay was put in place. Judge Fogel ordered the execution could proceed if either:1) the anaesthesiologists were present, or 2) another trained medical personal could give a single injection overdose of Barbituate by syringe. San Quentin planned to go ahead with method #2 by 7:30 tonight, but could not find the trained personnel to administer it.
    The doctors had been brought in by a federal judge after Morales' attorneys argued that the three-part lethal injection process violates the Eighth Amendment prohibition against cruel and unusual punishment. The attorneys said a prisoner could feel excruciating pain from the last two chemicals if he were not fully sedated.

Quote Originally Posted by Linask
    I wouldn't be so quick to blame the judge in this case.

From Fox News;
    Deborah Denno, a Fordham University law professor and expert on lethal injection, said Fogel's order seemed "like a desperate measure."
    "These are not circumstances by which somebody ought to be executed," she said. "It's never been done before like this."

FOX NEWS STORY

Quote Originally Posted by dark_shadows
    Well Morales was supposed to be executed tuesday.CNN said that a judge says that lethal injection is too painful.The poor family cannot even speak.

A judge set a Feb. 21 execution date Wednesday for a Stockton man convicted of murdering a 17-year-old girl in 1981. It would be California's third execution in three months.

Michael Morales lost his final court appeal in October when the U.S. Supreme Court refused to review his case. He can still seek clemency from Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger. Morales, now 46, was convicted of choking, beating and stabbing Terri Winchell to death in a remote area of San Joaquin County in January 1981. Prosecution witnesses said a cousin of Morales, Ricky Ortega, had learned Winchell was having an affair with Ortega's male lover and asked Morales to kill her.

Now he is going to live years longer because of the stay of execution.

This was tuesday's article prior to the judges ruling.
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...AGTQGPLPH1.DTL
    DOESNT HE SUPPOSE THAT WAS PAINFUL?

Quote Originally Posted by 2beautifulboys
    Who gives a crap if the bastard feels pain.....I know I don't. He sure didn't care if the girl was scared out of her mind and felt immense pain. Surely Californians will stand up and have some balls to say enough is enough, compared to what he did, it's a completely HUMANE way to die.

Hi 2beautifulboys,
    Thank-you and the others who agree.He gets off easy.That girl had to suffer.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast