CA - David Rust for child molestation, Oceanside, 2004

So he got 25 yrs. for molesting his daughter's friend...he confessed to having molested his daughter...What in the world was he doing in the house with kids in the first place? Sounds to me like his wife has problems, too...56 yrs old now pluse 25 (if he stays that long)...he'll be 71 when he gets out - still not too old to do some more damage....

Oceanside child molester gets 25 years in prison
An Oceanside man who attorneys said had posted a "code of conduct" for pedophiles on the Internet was sentenced Wednesday to 25 years in prison for molesting an 11-year-old girl at his home.

At his sentencing hearing, David Connors Rust, 56, apologized to his victim and her family, who were not in court for the hearing, and to his own wife and daughter.
"I have brought pain and sorrow into their lives, and for that, I am sincerely sorry," Rust said of his victim and her family.

Superior Court Judge Runston G. Maino said Wednesday that he believes Rust poses an "extreme danger to society" and is "extraordinarily dangerous."

"One of the most disturbing things about this case is Mr. Rust's mental makeup," Maino said. "Mr. Rust believes sexual contact with children is not necessarily bad."

More: http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2006/02/24/news/coastal/21_21_102_22_06.txt

PrayersForMaura said:
Superior Court Judge Runston G. Maino said Wednesday that he believes Rust poses an "extreme danger to society" and is "extraordinarily dangerous."

"One of the most disturbing things about this case is Mr. Rust's mental makeup," Maino said. "Mr. Rust believes sexual contact with children is not necessarily bad."

I think all pedophiles feel this way. I wish more judges would realize how dangerous these people really are.

Very interesting. Rust's own code of conduct says leave family members and close friend's alone. Yet he has allegedly admitted to some people that he molested his own dau as well as his dau's friend.
His wife tries to excuse his behavior, by saying he was molested as a child, like that is an excuse for him to turn around and molest other children.
And if he had possibly molested his own dau, why the heck was the in the home anyway? And the mother not only allows him to remain in the home, she goes to court and tries to make excuses for him?

I'll never understand it, Mysteriew. I couldn't stand by a man like that, love or no love.
Children come first.

Jean said:
I think all pedophiles feel this way. I wish more judges would realize how dangerous these people really are.

I have seen them all over the net. Their usual excuse is that the child consented, and that they never hurt anyone.
It is time for adult survivors to speak out, when ever they come across one of these pervs. Confront them with how you felt. How it has affected you personally. How you feel as an adult about what happened.
As long as no one confronts them, they can continue telling (and believing in some cases) that what they do is not wrong.
They seem to be hoping for lessening the strength of the law, and people's objections, as well as possibly making converts. As long as survivors stay quiet, they may accomplish at least part of their goal.

I think the wife is looking for an explanation because she knew him differently and probably just doesn't understand the reasons but wants to know. Denial is a good theory too though. In cases of physical abuse you will also hear that the abuser was abused so my line of reasoning was always wouldn't that be a good reason for them not to because they know first hand what it's like and the same for child molesters who have been molested? The actual facts are that males brought up in that environment turn into abusers as adults in many cases and females from abuse marry abusers. I don't think anybody has the answers for the reasons especially when you look at those that don't and ask yourself what's the difference?

strach304 said:
I think the wife is looking for an explanation because she knew him differently and probably just doesn't understand the reasons but wants to know. Denial is a good theory too though. In cases of physical abuse you will also hear that the abuser was abused so my line of reasoning was always wouldn't that be a good reason for them not to because they know first hand what it's like and the same for child molesters who have been molested? The actual facts are that males brought up in that environment turn into abusers as adults in many cases and females from abuse marry abusers. I don't think anybody has the answers for the reasons especially when you look at those that don't and ask yourself what's the difference?
The difference between the ones who grow up to perpetuate and the ones that don't usually ends up being someone stepping in and stopping the abuse once the facts of the matter are known. Those children who are forced to stay quiet and expected to "put up" with the abuse until they can flee the home or their abuser dies/leaves and keep quiet about it--usually at the insistance of other family members or people of authority--have a far grimmer outlook, as the underlying message is that they aren't worth saving.

If the guy is really sorry, then I think he should prove it. Hanging himself in prisoin is the only way.

mysteriew said:
Very interesting. Rust's own code of conduct says leave family members and close friend's alone. Yet he has allegedly admitted to some people that he molested his own dau as well as his dau's friend.
His wife tries to excuse his behavior, by saying he was molested as a child, like that is an excuse for him to turn around and molest other children.
And if he had possibly molested his own dau, why the heck was the in the home anyway? And the mother not only allows him to remain in the home, she goes to court and tries to make excuses for him?
SHE SHOULD BE IN JAIL TOO--IMO:banghead:

Jeana (DP) said:
If the guy is really sorry, then I think he should prove it. Hanging himself in prisoin is the only way.

Amen!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77