Freeing felons in New Orleans....

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
Well I am watching Greta right now and they are saying that felons and others might be released due to the fact that they did not have a speedy trial due to the hurricane.(releasing the ones that were awaiting trial).They are saying that the Gov. needs to step in and do something.Evidence was lost and people did not go to trial.
Not good when they are let loose on the streets.

dark_shadows said:
Well I am watching Greta right now and they are saying that felons and others might be released due to the fact that they did not have a speedy trial due to the hurricane.(releasing the ones that were awaiting trial).They are saying that the Gov. needs to step in and do something.Evidence was lost and people did not go to trial.
We have already seen that around the Houston area where crime has gone up.

How wonderful. My little brother and 3 of his friends are in New Orleans right now working for the Union..rebuilding. I am 10 years older then my brother so I worry about him like one of my own kids lol.. (he's 21) I'm gonna call him and tell him about this.

dark_shadows said:

Mygirlsadie said:
How wonderful. My little brother and 3 of his friends are in New Orleans right now working for the Union..rebuilding. I am 10 years older then my brother so I worry about him like one of my own kids lol.. (he's 21) I'm gonna call him and tell him about this.
I hope he stays safe sadie.:blowkiss:

deandaniellws said:

Yup. It's pissing me off. We have enough home grown criminals of our own.

kato said:
Yup. It's pissing me off. We have enough home grown criminals of our own.
I am not in Houston but in FL. We have our share of crime from New Orleans also. People gave these people a place to live and food to eat and clothes. Then they rob and burglarize.
IMO Katrina allowed some bad people to run amok.
I'd say it was an act of nature and any trial delayed by that should be allowed to be rescheduled.
The lose of evidence is a reason to be let go though. We cannot convict without it.

I'm off to the New Orelans jazzfest from April 27 - May 8. The festivals are only on the weekends and I planned on helping the city rebuild during the week (painting, repairs, etc)....

How awful to go and give something back and fear my own safety at the same time. It would be a much better world if we all had respect for each other and each other's property.

I hope that justice is served.:banghead:

deandaniellws said:
I am in Metro Atlanta and we have had quite a few stories about crime, robberies and even a murder 2 days ago, all involving transients from Katrina :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back