GUILTY South Africa - Newborn Jenna-May Shelver dies of gunshot wounds, 14 Feb 2006

JellyBean

Reaction score
Police yesterday arrested the partner of Melissa Shelver who, nine months pregnant at the time, was shot twice in the stomach during a horror "hijacking" outside East London last week causing her baby to die.

Top investigators, who worked around the clock, cracked the case in the early hours of yesterday when they swooped first on the alleged hitman and another suspected accomplice - arresting them at a house in Mdantsane NU19.

Then, following what police said was a confession from one of the suspects, they moved on Shelver's partner David Best, who was also shot in the chest and wounded during the "hijacking".

According to The Herald, the suspected accomplice was believed to be an intermediary between the alleged hitman and Best.

http://www.dispatch.co.za/2006/02/24/Easterncape/aalead.html

I just feel ill. I'm speechless. :silenced:

Funny enough, when I watched them interview her boyfriend (the night of the incident), I was surprised at how calm he was. I was expecting tears or sadness. Couldn't understand why he wasn't devastated- now I know why :furious:

I can't imagine what this poor woman is going through :(

JellyBean

How horrible. I'm glad the mother survived, but she must be devastated.

SewingDeb said:
How horrible. I'm glad the mother survived, but she must be devastated.
She was so traumatised when they reported the incident. She couldn't talk. I wonder how she is dealing with this news. Prayers to her and her family.

JellyBean

This just makes me so angry! Why would someone do that? What the hell is the matter with the world?

JellyBean said:
She was so traumatised when they reported the incident. She couldn't talk. I wonder how she is dealing with this news. Prayers to her and her family.

JellyBean

She will need our prayers. I cannot imagine the grief and betrayl she is feeling now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back